Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 431 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-20-12, 00:59

Pointless to argue about it, really. We know he's won 7 GT's, but on the official record it's 5.

Pretty simple.
Old 12-20-12, 06:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
It's ridiculous, they should be on Alberto's side
It´s pretty plain forward and logic, his team who is under the laws and rules of the UCI have to follow the ruling of his ban, stipped of his wins for 2 years, ofc they cant list them as his when CAS ruling says otherwise, whatever he consider its his, is not the issue here, the official site of the team have to give the official palmeras.

And yes, to be honest, you do act like a 12 year old school girl.
Old 12-20-12, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidolix View Post
Itīs pretty plain forward and logic, his team who is under the laws and rules of the UCI have to follow the ruling of his ban, stipped of his wins for 2 years, ofc they cant list them as his when CAS ruling says otherwise, whatever he consider its his, is not the issue here, the official site of the team have to give the official palmeras.

And yes, to be honest, you do act like a 12 year old school girl.
Thats bs nobody cares about the riders section on the official team website, they don't even have to give a palmares. And why haven't they removed the results of san luis? And why do they still have pictures of him winning the giro?

I don't care what I'm acting like, it's ridiculous that the team and sponsors are not supporting Alberto and if I were him I'd seriously consider leaving. Yes they supported him the whole time during the process and the ban but now that he's back on their team they drop him like a stone. Rather ironic.
Old 12-20-12, 08:09

Don't you think you might be exaggerating just a little bit? Drop him like a stone and consider leaving because of something they didn't put on his palmares (which they should not, since he is no longer the winner of those races) on their website? Maybe the support and help they have given him through his suspension should weigh a little more than this, no?
Old 12-20-12, 08:53

Quote:
Thats bs nobody cares about the riders section on the official team website, they don't even have to give a palmares. And why haven't they removed the results of san luis? And why do they still have pictures of him winning the giro?

I don't care what I'm acting like, it's ridiculous that the team and sponsors are not supporting Alberto and if I were him I'd seriously consider leaving. Yes they supported him the whole time during the process and the ban but now that he's back on their team they drop him like a stone. Rather ironic.
Stop talking with airstream
Old 12-20-12, 09:10

Quote:

Sorry to say but this is utter nonsense. For once I have to agree with Airstream. Ofc they cant list wins which he was stripped on by the UCI. If anything they team are sloppy by not having cleaned up the San Luis results. However, they shouldnt have to remove any pictures. And it has absolutely nothing to do with them no supporting him.
Old 12-20-12, 10:21
Banned

Quote:

I think I rest my case!
Old 12-20-12, 12:42

LaFlo it's time to accept the world as it is......yes he won on the road but those wins are no longer 'official' results. Saxo cannot put them as wins on their site.

Albert has plenty of support from Saxo and it is a great home for him

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-20-12, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blues View Post
Don't you think you might be exaggerating just a little bit?
No.

Quote:
Drop him like a stone and consider leaving because of something they didn't put on his palmares (which they should not, since he is no longer the winner of those races) on their website?
Wrong. It's not that they didn't put it on his palmares, they removed it. There is a significant difference.

Quote:
Maybe the support and help they have given him through his suspension should weigh a little more than this, no?
What support, I ask myself and what is it worth when apparently it was all fake
Old 12-20-12, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Stop talking with airstream
Where the **** am I talking to airstream