Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 435 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-20-12, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
I don't see the analogy, but anyway. You're not allowed to have clenbuterol in your body, one way or another. Too bad if you do.
You're not allowed to take someone else's life, too bad if you do.

That's a very black and white opinion you have about the legal system. I hope you never accidentally run into some trouble then.

Fact of the matter remains that CAS prosecuted someone who they didn't think was guilty. Find me one civilized court that does that.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-20-12, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
CAS verdict says he did not take the substance to enhance his performance.

It's like prosecuting someone for murder when he acted in self-defense.
It's ridiculous: 95% of the people who watch cycling prob don't even know that.

Anyways Contador couldn't provide sufficient evidence that he was not guilty and the rules laid down that he was assumed to be guilty without them actually being able to prove that he was guilty of using doping.

If he would have gone to the ECHR he would have won the case 100%. This goes in against against the presumption of innocence which is pretty much the foundation of each state but which cycling completely ignores.

I guess Contador didn't wanna bother, besides it would have taken months, maybe even years.
Old 12-20-12, 18:38

albertocontador 1 hour 16 mins ago Twitter
Hoy toco paseo con "Tour",aqui el campeon.Today has been a walk with "Tour".Here,the champion
Old 12-20-12, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post

albertocontador 1 hour 16 mins ago Twitter
Hoy toco paseo con "Tour",aqui el campeon.Today has been a walk with "Tour".Here,the champion
Never heard of pants ?
Old 12-20-12, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
I think first attack will be on Ax3,it will be first test against Froome(Alberto doesnt know what to expect).The big 'full gas' attack should be on Ventoux with dropping all,stage victory and pistol shot

to bolded
Nice
I have not studied the route (I know, HUGE flaw) but is Ax3 the first major mountain. It would fit with Contadors normal approach. Just hit them as early as you can and leave them fighting for second.
Old 12-20-12, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nielsen View Post
Never heard of pants ?
What do you mean?
Old 12-20-12, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
What do you mean?
Its just sitting there with everything out.
Old 12-20-12, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nielsen View Post
I have not studied the route (I know, HUGE flaw) but is Ax3 the first major mountain. It would fit with Contadors normal approach. Just hit them as early as you can and leave them fighting for second.
Same approach SKY used this year. Gonna be fun to watch Rogers pulling Contador, Froome, Wiggins and every other contender for the overall victory.
Old 12-20-12, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
It's ridiculous: 95% of the people who watch cycling prob don't even know that.

Anyways Contador couldn't provide sufficient evidence that he was not guilty and the rules laid down that he was assumed to be guilty without them actually being able to prove that he was guilty of using doping.

If he would have gone to the ECHR he would have won the case 100%. This goes in against against the presumption of innocence which is pretty much the foundation of each state but which cycling completely ignores.

I guess Contador didn't wanna bother, besides it would have taken months, maybe even years.
wait, wait. Isn't CAS an arbitration court? presumption of innocence is not the consideration at that point. Contador had already being "cleared" by his national federation when UCI brought the case to CAS who had to decide if UCI objections were valid. They did and Contador at that point choose to not pursue the matter in other venues. I am not even sure he could have. We know the rest and can't change it. To me it will remain a case of being victimized
Old 12-20-12, 21:05

Contador will obviously lead the tour team, but what will the make up of the team be. Contador, Krueizeger, Roche, Roger,CAS, ?????