Moderators - Page 298 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 12-20-12, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Barrus must make that request personally.

Susan
How does he have to do this? Can he send you an email?
Old 12-20-12, 17:58

Or can he PM you on the other forum?
Old 12-20-12, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_flanders View Post
I went back and looked after reading your post here and I did in fact delete your post.

It was filled with insults to other members in every paragraph, and also contained an ethnic slur against another member. After it was carded, there were of course a series of follow on posts which of course quoted your insulting, offensive rant and rebuked it...of course. Those were deleted as well. My opinion upon seeing all that was to remove the insulting, offensive commentary or remove it and give you a ban for it. I chose not to ban you.

You're welcome to launch your long, morally outraged diatribe here about it, but don't expect any satisfaction–you're completely out of line.

You can't grossly violate the forum rules and expect that we'll handle your content with kid gloves. It doesn't work that way.
I think you're mistaking me for someone else. Do you still have access to my original post? Show me the "insults to other members in every paragraph". I honestly think you're hallucinating, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was replying specifically and only to BD, whom I quoted extensively, and to whom I replied in a similar vein to the one in which he had addressed me. I did not use swear words, iirc. The only people I openly 'insulted', if that's even the right term, were 'wingnuts' and gun nuts' and maybe 'gun retards', all of which are terms that have been widely used in the right/left and gun-related exchanges both here and on the web at large.

I made one specific passing reference to one other poster, whom I identified by nationality only to make clear to whom I was referring. I would not have thought that calling someone a "lapdog" would be considered any kind of major "slur". People have been called far, far, worse things with impunity on CN.

Nevertheless, I accepted and regretted that that one comment was indeed inappropriate, accepted Susan's reasons for my infraction, and certainly did not repeat it in my re-post, which is almost entirely the same as the original. On reflection, I can understand that this one poster could have felt insulted by one line of a long post, and for that I am sorry.

But where is the insulting, offensive rant you speak of? I can't imagine that BD would have complained, doesn't sound like his style. No one else was addressed or even mentioned apart from the one poster already referred to, so how could 'others' have felt insulted? How could you have thought 'others' were being insulted when I was quite clearly speaking specifically and only to BD?

Where are the "insults to other members in every paragraph"? This is pure fabrication.

"Grossly violate the forum rules"? C'mon, man, you've got to be kidding!

If my post was as entirely, outrageously, offensive as you are claiming it to have been, don't you think that Susan would have deleted it instead of giving me a warning?
Old 12-20-12, 20:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
How does he have to do this? Can he send you an email?
I imagine Barrus can figure various ways to contact me.

I also think it should be clear why we would only take such a request from the individual involved, and not through another person.

Susan
Old 12-20-12, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
I imagine Barrus can figure various ways to contact me.

I also think it should be clear why we would only take such a request from the individual involved, and not through another person.

Susan
It is clear. But when I told Barrus that he should contact you he said "but I can't :P"
Old 12-20-12, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
I think you're mistaking me for someone else. Do you still have access to my original post?
I do, and I'm not mistaking you for anyone one else. Feel free to continue the conversation offline as I'm not re-posting it here.
Old 12-29-12, 02:06

Someone started a thread about Bradley Wiggins getting a knighthood.

Parullo closes it with this remark

Quote:
this is pure spam and could even be considered trolling, consider yourself warned.

/thread closed
Seriously. Attitude Problem?
Old 12-29-12, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
Someone started a thread about Bradley Wiggins getting a knighthood.

Parullo closes it with this remark

Seriously. Attitude Problem?
You know how this works, has to start in the appropriate sub forum, i.e. the road racing section.
Then, along comes a Clinic "heavyweight" or two.
They make a few posts about a reward for doping.
Rather than warn them about an attitude problem and remove offending posts, the thread then gets moved to the Clinic and, as MartinV said, becomes fair game.
See? It's easy.
Old 12-29-12, 20:44

It shouldn't have been opened in The Clinic, but Wiggins receiving a knighthood deserved a thread. When a thread like that is closed after a pretty benign opening post, with a snotty remark from the moderator, the forum is really gasping for air. Ryder Hesjedal received an award this week, the thought of that thread must terrify the controllers. And now Lance Armstrong is nominated for Texan of the Year; our spastic mod better have his finger on the trigger and be ready to shoot all comers.
Old 12-29-12, 22:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaling squares View Post
It shouldn't have been opened in The Clinic, but Wiggins receiving a knighthood deserved a thread. When a thread like that is closed after a pretty benign opening post, with a snotty remark from the moderator, the forum is really gasping for air. Ryder Hesjedal received an award this week, the thought of that thread must terrify the controllers. And now Lance Armstrong is nominated for Texan of the Year; our spastic mod better have his finger on the trigger and be ready to shoot all comers.
There already is a thread for it http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=15097

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"