Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012) - Page 282 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2811  
Old 12-20-12, 18:31
Wallace's Avatar
Wallace Wallace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
He runs the organization, he does not do the work. There is no reason, save vanity, for him to end up being the public face of such as organization.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I'd be happy if USADA and WADA went away. Organizations like the UCI should police themselves. Relying on "outside" oversight is just giving up and admitting that you don't have the cojones to police yourself. Sadly true for the UCI.
The part in bold proves that you haven't paid any attention at all to how this case unfolded and the immense amount of work Tygart put in. Go look at the Reasoned Report.

Your second paragraph is similarly nonsensical. The UCI has no shortage of cojones. They have the arrogance to continually lie and say they can be trusted with policing the sport despite massive evidence of bribes, corruption and test-fixing. Fat Pat knows the world knows he and Hein protected and profited off of Lance and doesn't care.
Reply With Quote
  #2812  
Old 12-20-12, 18:42
Velodude Velodude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
If you want to strike a blow for change (albeit only a tiny blow), don't financially support the UCI or its sponsors. If you don't, don't.

It doesn't have to be a moral thing, or an all-or-nothing thing.
So what is your personal contribution to not financially support the UCI?

Not apply for your first cycle racing license with a US club?
Reply With Quote
  #2813  
Old 12-20-12, 18:54
131313's Avatar
131313 131313 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
SO, I take from that article that TT feels like people don't like him and that he is a crusader for truth,justice and the American way.

Nope. He just wants sympathy. What a whiner.
Most people complain about credible death threats. The depth of your chamois sniffing really does know no bounds. Not surprising, since it's probably your own chamois...
Reply With Quote
  #2814  
Old 12-20-12, 18:59
131313's Avatar
131313 131313 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
He runs the organization, he does not do the work. There is no reason, save vanity, for him to end up being the public face of such as organization.
please stop lying. You obviously know just how limited USADA's budget actually is, and what a large percentage of the work is actually done by TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
Now, to be perfectly honest, I'd be happy if USADA and WADA went away. Organizations like the UCI should police themselves. Relying on "outside" oversight is just giving up and admitting that you don't have the cojones to police yourself. Sadly true for the UCI.
Most organizations with strong conflicts of interest have checks and balances in place if they want to function well. You're pretty much alone in this view if you actually want clean sport. My guess is that's really not your desire.
Reply With Quote
  #2815  
Old 12-20-12, 19:36
Aleajactaest Aleajactaest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
The part in bold proves that you haven't paid any attention at all to how this case unfolded and the immense amount of work Tygart put in. Go look at the Reasoned Report.

Your second paragraph is similarly nonsensical. The UCI has no shortage of cojones. They have the arrogance to continually lie and say they can be trusted with policing the sport despite massive evidence of bribes, corruption and test-fixing. Fat Pat knows the world knows he and Hein protected and profited off of Lance and doesn't care.
I read the report. I see no empirical evidence that TT did the legwork. And, if he did, he is a bad executive.

I stand by my statement about the UCI. Stonewalling, blustering and obfuscation do not equal cojones. That is stupidity. Real leadership would be protecting the future of their sport as opposed to short term gain.

e.g. real leadership in other sports involves drafting and developing a team as opposed to using free agency to try and BUY a team. One is long view the other is short. The UCI has consistently show no appreciation for the long view and has always done the most expedient thing they can.
Reply With Quote
  #2816  
Old 12-20-12, 19:37
Aleajactaest Aleajactaest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post
please stop lying. You obviously know just how limited USADA's budget actually is, and what a large percentage of the work is actually done by TT.
He is the CEO. If he is doing all the work, he is not leading. An executive plans and directs. If he is doing the work, he might the the COO. Either way wrong title and still vain. He and Jeff are a perfect pair. A pair of what, I leave to you.
Reply With Quote
  #2817  
Old 12-20-12, 19:39
Aleajactaest Aleajactaest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
cooo.....ooool! and then lance would still be 7 times winner.............

is that what you would prefer?


usada / wada are important to keep fat pat in check and promote sporting

activity that observers can trust
Yes.

USADA and WADA are warts on the buttock of sport and a waste of my tax dollars.( at least USADA is. I have no idea whose money WADA is wasting)
Reply With Quote
  #2818  
Old 12-20-12, 19:42
Hugh Januss's Avatar
Hugh Januss Hugh Januss is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: socal
Posts: 5,839
Default

Sooner or later they always go f. r.
__________________
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Reply With Quote
  #2819  
Old 12-20-12, 20:05
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Sooner or later they always go f. r.
Or one dies and another pops up, eh.
Reply With Quote
  #2820  
Old 12-20-12, 20:39
MarkvW's Avatar
MarkvW MarkvW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
I read the report. I see no empirical evidence that TT did the legwork. And, if he did, he is a bad executive.

I stand by my statement about the UCI. Stonewalling, blustering and obfuscation do not equal cojones. That is stupidity. Real leadership would be protecting the future of their sport as opposed to short term gain.

e.g. real leadership in other sports involves drafting and developing a team as opposed to using free agency to try and BUY a team. One is long view the other is short. The UCI has consistently show no appreciation for the long view and has always done the most expedient thing they can.
Wait a second. You say Tygart didn't do the work. Now you support that statement by saying "I see no empirical evidence that TT did the legwork."

That's trolling.
__________________
Dr. Maserati, my friend, don't you start away uneasy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.