Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-20-12, 18:34

According to Le Quotidien, Nissan will no longer be a sponsor next season. No replacement sponsor has been found up to date.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/nachrichten/...anuar-20252883

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 12-20-12, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
According to Le Quotidien, Nissan will no longer be a sponsor next season. No replacement sponsor has been found up to date.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/nachrichten/...anuar-20252883
I am sure Mercedez is not jumping hoops to replace Nissan/Renault.. LOL
Old 12-20-12, 19:13

The original article says that since Nissan has a contract for the 2013 season, they will still have to pay even though their name won't be associated with the team anymore

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/40677.html

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 12-20-12, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
The original article says that since Nissan has a contract for the 2013 season, they will still have to pay even though their name won't be associated with the team anymore

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/40677.html
hmm, unlike perhaps in the Rabobank situation where the doping stuff may influence customers these days, I can't see Nissan's business being negatively impacted by staying with the team if they have to pay anyway. A bit strange I think.
Old 12-20-12, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
hmm, unlike perhaps in the Rabobank situation where the doping stuff may influence customers these days, I can't see Nissan's business being negatively impacted by staying with the team if they have to pay anyway. A bit strange I think.
Their reputation is being damaged by the stink of failure than wafts from that team.
Old 12-20-12, 21:04

Quote:
Not so strange IMO:
Fränk Schleck doping, Bryunell doping, and Radishack is mentioned in the Padua case.
Old 12-20-12, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Their reputation is being damaged by the stink of failure than wafts from that team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
Not so strange IMO:
Fränk Schleck doping, Bryunell doping, and Radishack is mentioned in the Padua case.
get it, but don't think it impact Nissan buyers much. Banking very different. Just my opinion.
Old 12-20-12, 21:24

Quote:
get it, but don't think it impact Nissan buyers much. Banking very different. Just my opinion.
What I wrote had nothing to do with doping. The team has become a laughing stock. Who wants their brand tied to Abandy Schleck.
Old 12-20-12, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
What I wrote had nothing to do with doping. The team has become a laughing stock. Who wants their brand tied to Abandy Schleck.
ok, broader this I agree with. Pardon.
Old 12-21-12, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin View Post
the main objective of nissan sponsoring the cycling is to promote their green car leaf in the north american market, i can assure you Nissan and Radioshack will pull out soon, they are very unhappy with this merge
As I predicted