No Katusha - Page 15 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-21-12, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Radioshack ring a bell? Also it's ok to apply to a pro conti license, but not a WT's, what kind of message the UCI is sending here?
RSNT were definitely more deserving to lose their license on those grounds IMO. Clearly a political/financial move
Old 12-21-12, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
You'd be swapping one evil for another
why? who would become pats follopw up president? it can't be worse than pat
Old 12-21-12, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Radioshack ring a bell? Also it's ok to apply to a pro conti license, but not a WT's, what kind of message the UCI is sending here?
That's my point! Almost every other team has similiar or worse stories surrounding them.
Cycling really needs to accept its past instead of this stupid witch hunt. Suspend the ones that test positive, the ones of the past for whom there are solid proofs and move on.
Old 12-21-12, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
This case is ridiculous. If they looked well at ethics, probably no team would be WT. Everyone has its doping cases and troubles over the years. Who cares? Just give the license to the ones that have sport merit.
The impression Acquarone gave with his interview at the team presentation is that they'll invite Katusha if they bring Rodriguez so I would say he can at least ride the same calendar as last year, without the classics perhaps.
As to the case being ridiculous that is a subjective critisizm, which may have some merit at the hypocrisy level.

As to the motivation, though, this is simply a matter of fact that was of course intuitable by an analysis of all the circumstances involved.
Old 12-21-12, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
I hypothesized that this was an ethical issue and, naturally, I was right.
yes. that's also why rusvelo was just refused a license too. i guess they had also shiitloads of positives no? ethical lol. by uci. how they even found the word?
it's easy. the russians want the head of mcquaid

if it would be about ethical, you will remain with two teams or something like that.and pray that guys from those teams don't get a cold

again, this case is about power not moral issues.
Old 12-21-12, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
yes. that's also why rusvelo was just refused a license too. i guess they had also shiitloads of positives no? ethical lol. by uci. how they even found the word?
it's easy. the russians want the head of mcquaid

if it would be about ethical, you will remain with two teams or something like that.and pray that guys from those teams don't get a cold

again, this case is about power not moral issues.
Dude whatever the situation of rusvelo is, is of no bearing on the official motivation behind the Katusha debacle, which anyone could have read in the dailies several days back and which I anticipated here.

Of course it's about power silly, for which the "moral issues" are merely a concealing public facade. However, in light of recent events that have shaken the UCI to the core, the "ethical concerns" have now been placed within new selective based policy strategies. Any dumby can figure this out.

Last edited by rhubroma; 12-21-12 at 13:19.
Old 12-21-12, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
I hypothesized that this was an ethical issue and, naturally, I was right..
What, has there been a new development ?
Old 12-21-12, 15:33

This argument is embarrassing to watch.
Old 12-21-12, 18:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
This argument is embarrassing to watch.
Yes, it was

Back on topic troops without the personal stuff...........................please
Old 12-21-12, 23:25

It's not over until the fat lady sings.
In any case, there will be 18 teams, not 19, meaning if KAT is reinstated the WT license process will start again. KAT should know by Jan. 15, 2013 if they will be receiving its WT license or denied.

"En el caso de que el Tribunal de Arbitraje Deportivo (TAS) acepte el recurso del Katusha por su rechazo y apruebe su registro como equipo WorldTour -la resolución se espera en la primera quincena de enero-, la Comisión de Licencias reiniciará el proceso de admisión a todos los equipos a los que se les ha aplicado una licencia nueva para 2013"

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/not...a.asp?id=58067