2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Page 25 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-22-12, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Yeah, so you also say AGR and the Ronde are different races?

Funny how Ryo agrees with you considering he said Ronde and AGR are basically the same only AGR has a better field. LOL.

Ok, Gaspa IS better in an uphill sprint. But Devolder beats him in most other things, at least the Devolder of 2008-2010. The current Devolder is a joke.
yes I guess you don't understand the word BASICALLY, which means it is very similar but in some things different.
Old 12-22-12, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
yes I guess you don't understand the word BASICALLY, which means it is very similar but in some things different.
Adverb
In the most essential respects; fundamentally: "a basically simple idea".
Used to indicate that a statement summarizes the most important aspects of a more complex situation.

Yeah, no.

You say AGR is 95% uphill(you agreed with Vino attacks everyone) and then you say AGR is basically the same as the Ronde van Vlaanderen even though you also agreed that the Ronde is a more tactic race because it doesn't finish uphill.

Man, you contradict your self faster than Popeye eats spinach.

I yam what I yam.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-22-12 at 13:58.
Old 12-22-12, 14:05

Quote:
Yeah, so you also say AGR and the Ronde are different races?
?
well yea, I just responded on your unfair treatment of Gaspa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-22-12, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
?
well yea, I just responded on your unfair treatment of Gaspa
Hardly unfair. Gaspa is better in uphill finishes and since his third place in LBL also better in that race(although Devolder has never taken LBL seriously because Flanders is his home race). But overall, it's definitely Devolder. Well, the one of 2 years ago. Just about everyone is better than Volderke now.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-22-12, 14:09

Quote:
Adverb
In the most essential respects; fundamentally: "a basically simple idea".
Used to indicate that a statement summarizes the most important aspects of a more complex situation.

Yeah, no.

You say AGR is 95% uphill(you agreed with Vino attacks everyone) and then you say AGR is basically the same as the Ronde van Vlaanderen even though you also agreed that the Ronde is a more tactic race because it doesn't finish uphill.

Man, you contradict your self faster than Popeye eats spinach.

I yam what I yam.
no the agr the rider with strongets push wins, tour of flanders, this can be someone else.

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 12-22-12 at 14:12.
Old 12-22-12, 14:12

Quote:
no the agr the rider with strongets push wins, tour of flanders, this cab be someone else.
Ivanov won in 2009 despite Phil having a better push.

Then there's Schumacher and Frank Schleck...
Quote:
Old 12-22-12, 14:12

Quote:
Hardly unfair. Gaspa is better in uphill finishes and since his third place in LBL also better in that race(although Devolder has never taken LBL seriously because Flanders is his home race). But overall, it's definitely Devolder. Well, the one of 2 years ago. Just about everyone is better than Volderke now.
I think you are really the only one who thinsk devolder is or 3was better than gasparotto. also 2-3 years ago, which the only reason he won flanders was because he was boonens teammate
Old 12-22-12, 14:13

Quote:
Ivanov won in 2009 despite Phil having a better push.

Then there's Schumacher and Frank Schleck...
no. gilbert dropped on the keuteberg. so the strongest went to teh cauberg and the strongest of those, which was ivanov, won.
Old 12-22-12, 14:18

Quote:
Well Gaspa has never really tried the RVV either. He is a good mountain domestique in the half hard mountains (this yer often the last man for Tira/Kreuziger in the giro) so his peak goes from AGR to after all the giro, instead of over the classics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-22-12, 15:55

Quote:
no. gilbert dropped on the keuteberg. so the strongest went to teh cauberg and the strongest of those, which was ivanov, won.
Yeah Ivanov attacked 4 times or more that day, but over the last 3 years GIlbert has become better and better. The 2009 Gilbert is in no way comparable to the one from 2011 and later.

And GIlbert will probably be a factor in the Ronde as well if he's on form, with the hard course, only the Kwaremont doesn't perfectly suit him.