The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping - Page 9 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 12-19-12, 07:30

As in someone stepping down to Conti who will make 500 points?

Maybe SHPILEVSKY Boris
Old 12-19-12, 08:44

Yeah.

Can't find anyone of actual talent going down that far.

Not touching Coen again.
Old 12-20-12, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Not worth it IMO, too old and is on a downward trend. I fail to see him improving much at 37 years old. He might go a little better next year than this year, but I doubt he will be scoring anywhere close to the 800's he has scored in the past.
[QUOTE=Wigwan;1095040]I would take it if he were on an other team, but since he is riding for Radioschleck, he won't have a lot of opportunity to ride for himself (maybe Paris-Nice and Pays Vasco)
QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwan View Post
What about Guillaume Boivin? He comes off a great season and he is now in the WT. I need a french canadian and I don't know which one I should take. Boivin, Boily or Houle?
I would take Boivin and Houle. It is a pity but Boily will not be joining a WT team next year.

Thx for the Klodi replies.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 12-22-12, 08:48

I admit I'm new to this so what do people think about Daniel Oss' chances next year.
With Ballan out for probably the entire classics season will he get a much more senior role in the classics that GVA isn't targetting. Or even as co leader?
Old 12-22-12, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerion View Post
I admit I'm new to this so what do people think about Daniel Oss' chances next year.
With Ballan out for probably the entire classics season will he get a much more senior role in the classics that GVA isn't targetting. Or even as co leader?
Naturally with Ballan out Oss will get more opportunities but there is also Hushovd who will probably want to be leader. Anyway I believe Oss can score ~300 points anyway and probably more if he gets to lead in big races.
Old 12-22-12, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Naturally with Ballan out Oss will get more opportunities but there is also Hushovd who will probably want to be leader. Anyway I believe Oss can score ~300 points anyway and probably more if he gets to lead in big races.
I have both of them in the team, not sure they will both do well but I think one of them will get a good result and bump their rankings

This game is hard
Old 12-22-12, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerion View Post
I've had Oss in my team every year, without much success. I'm dropping him now, so he'll probably score bucketloads of points...
Old 12-22-12, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
I've had Oss in my team every year, without much success. I'm dropping him now, so he'll probably score bucketloads of points...
i'm in the same boat. Oss made the shortlist but in the end got nowhere near the final team.
Old 12-22-12, 15:21

I was stranded on 7510 for a long time, desperately trying to keep everyone I wanted, then found another handy 0 pointer, kicked out my 10 point rider and my team is ready

14 sub-100 pointers and one rider who I've picked every year now.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton

Last edited by will10; 12-22-12 at 15:40.
Old 12-22-12, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
I was stranded on 7510 for a long time, desperately trying to keep everyone I wanted, then found another handy 0 pointer, kicked out my 10 point rider and my team is ready

14 sub-100 pointers and one rider who I've picked every year now.
I raise with 16 sub-100 and two ever-presents!

Four others were dropped for the first time: Kashechkin, Plaza, Oss and Sicard. Kash was the last to be cut from the final draft. I still harbour big hopes for him. I've finally lost faith in Sicard. So, can he please wait another year before coming good?