The revenge of Rasmussen ... - Page 10 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-22-12, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
I thought I read all Levi's testimony and it didn't go into that specific detail as to who sold him the gear.

They're claiming they have access to an original affidavit - ie no redacteds.
Wasn't Levi submitting multiple ones, on various issues?
Old 12-22-12, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloxxki View Post
Wasn't Levi submitting multiple ones, on various issues?
Huh. No idea to be honest. I thought I had read all the affidavits from the USADA website, and do not recall much beyond "I stopped doping in 2006". After a while they all kinda merged into one very homogenous mess.

Was he submitting different ones? That'd explain the Leindeers reference being in an affidavit but not in the USADA one then.

Does he mention anything about saddle sores? Do they require cortisone - pretty sure you can get a TUE for cortisone cream for saddle sores. hrm hrm.
Old 12-22-12, 12:04
Administrator

The Dutch site claims that Leipheimer named Leinders in his affidavit as having helped him with EPO and also having bought it from him. His affidavit says I continued to use EPO while with Rabobank in 2002, 2003 and 2004, and was also assisted in using by the Rabobank team doctor xxxxxxxxxxx, from whom I purchased EPO.

The Dutch site further makes the claims about Humanplasma, but does not say that these came from the Leipheimer affidavit. They are simply combining stories about Rabobank doping from various sources into one story.

Susan
Old 12-22-12, 14:57

It's so sad people cant be honest while everyone knew in 2007 something was fishy at Rabo. Look how T. Dekker now is in the autobus every day in comparison to 2007.

Good thing Rabo stopped their sponsorship.
Old 12-22-12, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
The Dutch site claims that Leipheimer named Leinders in his affidavit as having helped him with EPO and also having bought it from him. His affidavit says “I continued to use EPO while with Rabobank in 2002, 2003 and 2004, and was also assisted in using by the Rabobank team doctor xxxxxxxxxxx, from whom I purchased EPO.”

The Dutch site further makes the claims about Humanplasma, but does not say that these came from the Leipheimer affidavit. They are simply combining stories about Rabobank doping from various sources into one story.

Susan
The claims about Humanplasma come from their own investigations in Vienna, and a book (?) by Matschiner. BTW the source is not a website, yes they do have a website but NRC Handelsblad is one of the leading national newspapers in the Netherlands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
It's so sad people cant be honest while everyone knew in 2007 something was fishy at Rabo. Look how T. Dekker now is in the autobus every day in comparison to 2007.

Good thing Rabo stopped their sponsorship.
After 2007 they have completely replaced their management structure so I don't see how it's a good thing that Rabobank quit sponsoring.
Old 12-22-12, 15:27
Administrator

Matschiner's book does not name the names of the Rabobank riders. I am not even sure if he says Rabobank riders, or simply implies that is the team. The point I was trying to make is that this information was unrelated to the Leipheimer affidavit.

And I said website because that is where I saw the story.

Susan
Old 12-22-12, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
After 2007 they have completely replaced their management structure so I don't see how it's a good thing that Rabobank quit sponsoring.
Replacing Theo de Rooy by Erik Breukink is completely replacing the management structure?

You can do better.

And I do think it is a good thing Rabo stopped the sponsorship of the pro-team, it is bad for buisiness to be associated with dope in sports. Numerous examples from the past prove this point.
Old 12-22-12, 16:43

Old 12-22-12, 16:58

It is from page 7 in Leipheimers affidavit.

There is nothing in the online version of the NRC Handelsblad story that suggests it is from another affidavit of Leipheimer. The quotes seems to all be from the affidavit USADA published October 10.
Old 12-22-12, 20:27

Slightly more detailed link

http://translate.google.com/translat...23msg-16194788