Sky - Page 1033 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-22-12, 19:04

We need full and open disclosure from Wiggins on the matter. He is the Tour de France champion and I'd like to hear him make some form of statement in regards to Leinders.

The silence is deafening.
Old 12-22-12, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
but while delivering the news.........you mock jimmy?

hoggie if only you acted as you request others to act.........this thread is
full of inconsistancies in your actions

news about leinders is pre team sky.............leinders has now left team sky

we need to know exactly how he looked after team sky riders
One of teh very few questions we shall never know, but we need to know.

BUT

I read this;

Quote:
news about leinders is pre team sky.............leinders has now left team sky
And I read it like:

"It was pre Team Sky, whilst at Sky he wasnt a doper and a clean lad, if he is found guilty of doping at another team its fine, he never supplied or administered doping supplies at Sky"
Old 12-22-12, 19:20

So when is Brailsford gonna consider leaving along with the others? Wasnt he supposed to only hire doctors and staff with no doping past? Seems like hes pretty incompetent at that.
Old 12-22-12, 19:33

Although referring to Katusha when it was said, I think the secret pro expressed it the best and showed that in the peleton, the attitude is similar to the belief in the clinic:

Quote:
In cycling, where there's smoke, there's fire.
Given all that has been said and shown about both Lenders and Sky, there is a strong smell about this issue that I hope we do see resolved one day. I don't have any confidence that it will be in the short term though.
Old 12-22-12, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
it would be better for team sky......................however cycling fans deserve to know the truth................good or bad
ebandit, you are spot on.

BUT

I dont think we ever will, the recent departure of Rogers, he left more or less undetected. The British media hardly picked up on it so I doubt they will pick up on this news.
Old 12-22-12, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
We need full and open disclosure from Wiggins on the matter. He is the Tour de France champion and I'd like to hear him make some form of statement in regards to Leinders.

The silence is deafening.
You want a guy who had nothing to do with the hiring of Leinders to make a statement about an unconfirmed report about a guy who's just been fired from this guy's team for the reason in the report? Yeah, deafening.

And why haven't you answered the previous question on Leinders and Ferrari? The silence is deafening.
Old 12-22-12, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
Although referring to Katusha when it was said, I think the secret pro expressed it the best and showed that in the peleton, the attitude is similar to the belief in the clinic:

Given all that has been said and shown about both Lenders and Sky, there is a strong smell about this issue that I hope we do see resolved one day. I don't have any confidence that it will be in the short term though.
Leinder's is the reason Sky won so much this year. Sky doped their GT team of that I have no doubt.
Old 12-22-12, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
You want a guy who had nothing to do with the hiring of Leinders to make a statement about an unconfirmed report about a guy who's just been fired from this guy's team for the reason in the report? Yeah, deafening.

And why haven't you answered the previous question on Leinders and Ferrari? The silence is deafening.
Wiggins wouldnt allow Kimmage with them. Wiggins is road captain of the team, his statement would mean something.
Old 12-22-12, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
Wiggins wouldnt allow Kimmage with them. Wiggins is road captain of the team, his statement would mean something.
Given the conditions I just stated in my post, what on earth do you expect him to say?

He isn't road captain, by the way.
Old 12-22-12, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
That was 2010 right? And Kimmage was allowed access, just not for the first 8 days of the tour, and Kimmage refused those conditions. I don't believe that has any bearing.