Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 214 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-22-12, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPdesAmeriques View Post
Photoshopped, Froome is really on a 25% climb here.
Old 12-26-12, 16:03

Wiggo's early season schedule is up.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...apped-out.aspx

T-A on it where Contador and Schleckette will be, should be interesting as they can scope each other out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 12-28-12, 09:41
Banned

I'm greeting Wiggo's decision to start TA instead of defending PN.
He has champion's attitude and desire to prove that last season's successes weren't result of circumstances.
I'm sure his decision is strongly related with expected Contador's participation.
Also, I guess Brailsford wants to know what they are up against... To weigh strengths early, so he could make some projections.
Contador - Wiggins is the duel we all want to see. We can agree on that, I think.
Old 12-28-12, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
He has champion's attitude and desire to prove that last season's successes weren't result of circumstances.
I'm sure his decision is strongly related with expected Contador's participation.
Also, I guess Brailsford wants to know what they are up against... To weigh strengths early, so he could make some projections.
Contador - Wiggins is the duel we all want to see. We can agree on that, I think.
Well I rather see Froome - Conta at Tour, but this should be interesting as well :P
Old 12-28-12, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
lol? duel wiggins vs contador? wigigns isn't even close to anywhere near contador. it will be a battle between contador and a number of others, but definitely not wiggins.
Old 12-28-12, 13:18

its an interesting duel because of the contrasting styles and contador wont be afraid of the sky train
Old 12-28-12, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlenJones2 View Post
its an interesting duel because of the contrasting styles and contador wont be afraid of the sky train
how is it interesting? we already saw in the vuelta what happens to the sky train when opposed by real climbers
Old 12-28-12, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
how is it interesting? we already saw in the vuelta what happens to the sky train when opposed by real climbers
Well Wiggo has a level of confidence now that he didn't in the Vuelta. However my expectation would be that Bertie drops him hard Can Sky diesel back up dragging Brad along, will be the question. At least Sky will have an idea what they will be facing for le Tour.

I agree that a much more interesting match up will be Bertie/Froome.

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 12-28-12, 14:16

Quote:
lol? duel wiggins vs contador? wigigns isn't even close to anywhere near contador. it will be a battle between contador and a number of others, but definitely not wiggins.
Again your making a fool out of yourself. Not sure why you hate Wiggins so much, but have at least some respect for his qualities. In 2012 he won almost everywhere he rode.
Old 12-28-12, 14:17
Banned

Quote:
I think you're wrong.
Remember that Sky has that new "cigarette" method of training.