Sky - Page 1038 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10371  
Old 12-22-12, 22:07
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Whatever Wiggins says will be under strict PR limitations so it would not mean much anyways.

There are obviously reasons as to why Sky do not want Wiggins to comment on the matter. Maybe they want to keep it as quite as possible? I would not blame them considering that Leinders was a blemish on their reputation..
I'm a big fan of cycling. Also a big fan of the truth. I'd like to see Wiggins break protocol and speak out like he did of Vino in 2007.

After the Armstrong affair what is needed is more 'humility' not PR.

I think you'll agree with me. Cycling needs a better leader of the peloton.

It shouldn't be up to the French riders to carry the can on the truth again.
Reply With Quote
  #10372  
Old 12-22-12, 22:08
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
In fairness, the last 6 pages worth were a direct result of you and Hog demanding a statement from Wiggins, and it taking the majority of those 6 pages for you to realise that, in the real world, professional people don't actually react to unconfirmed reports.

But if they did, I think we know what Wiggins would say
Reply With Quote
  #10373  
Old 12-22-12, 22:10
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
So, you had read Levi's affidavit, a year before he made it?

How would Sky go about finding out what we eventually learned today, if and when Leinders told them a pack of lies?

What Sky sceptics are really saying is that they should have been aware about the rumour and not touched him with a barge pole.

I think with the benefit of hindsight, Brailsford would agree.
You lived under a rock the last years? Guess you are not a regular follower of the pro - peloton then? Rabo 2007 = SKY 2012
Reply With Quote
  #10374  
Old 12-22-12, 22:11
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Cycling needs a better leader of the peloton.
You think he's the leader?

Clentador is back, hadn't you heard?
Reply With Quote
  #10375  
Old 12-22-12, 22:13
MartinGT's Avatar
MartinGT MartinGT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
In fairness, the last 6 pages worth were a direct result of you and Hog demanding a statement from Wiggins, and it taking the majority of those 6 pages for you to realise that, in the real world, professional people don't actually react to unconfirmed reports.
Like someone said a few pages back, no smoke without fire. There is so much heat being generated by Sky and their actions I feel I have a hotel on the top of mount Etna!

Froome and his meteoric rise to become a GC contendor (I suppose this is being put down to marginal gains?)
Rogers
Barry
Leinders
Yates
Jullich
de Jongh
Wiggins and his comparrison with USPS
Wiggins and his love for Lance
Wiggins suddenly divorcing Lance
Wiggins USPS style outburst about lazy ****ers
Skys domination in 2012
Skys PR Failings (Too many to list)
More

All the above for me is just TOO many items that cause too much smoke. Its been said on this thread before, if the above was Movistar of AG2R well jesus, the Sky Boyz would be kicking off.

Its just smells, we need answers.
Reply With Quote
  #10376  
Old 12-22-12, 22:16
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

I think, in fairness, you should apply the same standard of evidence to every team in the peloton and see how it works out for you.
Reply With Quote
  #10377  
Old 12-22-12, 22:18
King Of The Wolds King Of The Wolds is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
Like someone said a few pages back, no smoke without fire. There is so much heat being generated by Sky and their actions I feel I have a hotel on the top of mount Etna!

Froome and his meteoric rise to become a GC contendor (I suppose this is being put down to marginal gains?)
Rogers
Barry
Leinders
Yates
Jullich
de Jongh
Wiggins and his comparrison with USPS
Wiggins and his love for Lance
Wiggins suddenly divorcing Lance
Wiggins USPS style outburst about lazy ****ers
Skys domination in 2012
Skys PR Failings (Too many to list)
More

All the above for me is just TOO many items that cause too much smoke. Its been said on this thread before, if the above was Movistar of AG2R well jesus, the Sky Boyz would be kicking off.

Its just smells, we need answers.
And now you've added another unnecessary post by summarising the entire thread.
Reply With Quote
  #10378  
Old 12-22-12, 22:19
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
I think, in fairness, you should apply the same standard of evidence to every team in the peloton and see how it works out for you.
SKY fanboy detection alert going off:

Reply With Quote
  #10379  
Old 12-22-12, 22:19
MartinGT's Avatar
MartinGT MartinGT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
I think, in fairness, you should apply the same standard of evidence to every team in the peloton and see how it works out for you.
I agree, BUT

Sky have won;

Romandie
P-N
Dauphine
TdF

Plus countless other stages and races too, so I think I would rather have them answer first.
Reply With Quote
  #10380  
Old 12-22-12, 22:21
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Thanks. Would you mind linking to the document in question, please? It is news to me that this guy was named so early on.



I'm not quite sure that the bit I've bolded adds to your argument, or is a bit spurious, but to the rest of it then, yes, I agree with you, if it was in the public domain. I probably haven't followed this as closely as some, but I'm not sure Leinders role at Sky has ever been fully revealed...and I don't mean that in a conspiratorial way...I mean whether he was just a useful hired hand with race experience. It is far too easy to jump to conclusions, make assumptions, and start building a case on false premises.

But, again, this isn't evidence of Sky doping. It is evidence of Rabobank doping.

It may just be that Brailsford has been caught out making some promises that he wasn't in an easy position to keep. Then again, it can't be easy attempting to staff a squeaky-clean team given the recent history of the pro scene.

I think it is also worth pointing out that if we apply the standard of so-called 'evidence' that some on here deem reasonable, then, by implication Garmin are a doping team.

Geddit?
You are introducing this term evidence, but it doesnt really appear much on this thread because in doping, "evidence" when it does exist is kept from us anyway. The whole point of a doping conspiracy is that you keep the evidence hidden otherwise you end up losing.

Even in the recent USADA case there were riders there who had no evidence against them, who it now turns out did dope.

What we have is a belief or similar beliefs that Wiggins and Froome doped and arguments to back our beliefs up and you are welcome to agree or disagree with us.

And as for Garmin being by these standards a doping team, well not really .

Garmin were not the best team in the world last year. And Dan Martin who less than 1 and a half years ago was considered 10 times the talent of Chris Froome, struggled in the Tour de France, while Froome was left wondering if he wasnt just playing a training computer game on easy mode.

Also JV does actually answer questions and lots of them. Bailsford will only answer a question if it gets to big to ignore and when he does its so full of PR you are left wondering at what point he is going to announce his run for political office. I mean claiming he was shocked to find out Lance doped. Really?

Edit: I was gonna say that DB is so full of PR you wonder if he hired Allistair Campbell but then i remembered that Allistaire Campbell is actually very good friends with Bailsford going back a few years now.

So he learns from the best.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.