Sky - Page 1038 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-22-12, 22:07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Whatever Wiggins says will be under strict PR limitations so it would not mean much anyways.

There are obviously reasons as to why Sky do not want Wiggins to comment on the matter. Maybe they want to keep it as quite as possible? I would not blame them considering that Leinders was a blemish on their reputation..
I'm a big fan of cycling. Also a big fan of the truth. I'd like to see Wiggins break protocol and speak out like he did of Vino in 2007.

After the Armstrong affair what is needed is more 'humility' not PR.

I think you'll agree with me. Cycling needs a better leader of the peloton.

It shouldn't be up to the French riders to carry the can on the truth again.
Old 12-22-12, 22:08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
In fairness, the last 6 pages worth were a direct result of you and Hog demanding a statement from Wiggins, and it taking the majority of those 6 pages for you to realise that, in the real world, professional people don't actually react to unconfirmed reports.

But if they did, I think we know what Wiggins would say
Old 12-22-12, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
So, you had read Levi's affidavit, a year before he made it?

How would Sky go about finding out what we eventually learned today, if and when Leinders told them a pack of lies?

What Sky sceptics are really saying is that they should have been aware about the rumour and not touched him with a barge pole.

I think with the benefit of hindsight, Brailsford would agree.
You lived under a rock the last years? Guess you are not a regular follower of the pro - peloton then? Rabo 2007 = SKY 2012
Old 12-22-12, 22:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Cycling needs a better leader of the peloton.
You think he's the leader?

Clentador is back, hadn't you heard?
Old 12-22-12, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
In fairness, the last 6 pages worth were a direct result of you and Hog demanding a statement from Wiggins, and it taking the majority of those 6 pages for you to realise that, in the real world, professional people don't actually react to unconfirmed reports.
Like someone said a few pages back, no smoke without fire. There is so much heat being generated by Sky and their actions I feel I have a hotel on the top of mount Etna!

Froome and his meteoric rise to become a GC contendor (I suppose this is being put down to marginal gains?)
Rogers
Barry
Leinders
Yates
Jullich
de Jongh
Wiggins and his comparrison with USPS
Wiggins and his love for Lance
Wiggins suddenly divorcing Lance
Wiggins USPS style outburst about lazy ****ers
Skys domination in 2012
Skys PR Failings (Too many to list)
More

All the above for me is just TOO many items that cause too much smoke. Its been said on this thread before, if the above was Movistar of AG2R well jesus, the Sky Boyz would be kicking off.

Its just smells, we need answers.
Old 12-22-12, 22:16
Banned

I think, in fairness, you should apply the same standard of evidence to every team in the peloton and see how it works out for you.
Old 12-22-12, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
Like someone said a few pages back, no smoke without fire. There is so much heat being generated by Sky and their actions I feel I have a hotel on the top of mount Etna!

Froome and his meteoric rise to become a GC contendor (I suppose this is being put down to marginal gains?)
Rogers
Barry
Leinders
Yates
Jullich
de Jongh
Wiggins and his comparrison with USPS
Wiggins and his love for Lance
Wiggins suddenly divorcing Lance
Wiggins USPS style outburst about lazy ****ers
Skys domination in 2012
Skys PR Failings (Too many to list)
More

All the above for me is just TOO many items that cause too much smoke. Its been said on this thread before, if the above was Movistar of AG2R well jesus, the Sky Boyz would be kicking off.

Its just smells, we need answers.
And now you've added another unnecessary post by summarising the entire thread.
Old 12-22-12, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
I think, in fairness, you should apply the same standard of evidence to every team in the peloton and see how it works out for you.
SKY fanboy detection alert going off:

Old 12-22-12, 22:19

Quote:
I agree, BUT

Sky have won;

Romandie
P-N
Dauphine
TdF

Plus countless other stages and races too, so I think I would rather have them answer first.
Old 12-22-12, 22:21

Quote:
Thanks. Would you mind linking to the document in question, please? It is news to me that this guy was named so early on.

I'm not quite sure that the bit I've bolded adds to your argument, or is a bit spurious, but to the rest of it then, yes, I agree with you, if it was in the public domain. I probably haven't followed this as closely as some, but I'm not sure Leinders role at Sky has ever been fully revealed...and I don't mean that in a conspiratorial way...I mean whether he was just a useful hired hand with race experience. It is far too easy to jump to conclusions, make assumptions, and start building a case on false premises.

But, again, this isn't evidence of Sky doping. It is evidence of Rabobank doping.

It may just be that Brailsford has been caught out making some promises that he wasn't in an easy position to keep. Then again, it can't be easy attempting to staff a squeaky-clean team given the recent history of the pro scene.

I think it is also worth pointing out that if we apply the standard of so-called 'evidence' that some on here deem reasonable, then, by implication Garmin are a doping team.

Geddit?
You are introducing this term evidence, but it doesnt really appear much on this thread because in doping, "evidence" when it does exist is kept from us anyway. The whole point of a doping conspiracy is that you keep the evidence hidden otherwise you end up losing.

Even in the recent USADA case there were riders there who had no evidence against them, who it now turns out did dope.

What we have is a belief or similar beliefs that Wiggins and Froome doped and arguments to back our beliefs up and you are welcome to agree or disagree with us.

And as for Garmin being by these standards a doping team, well not really .

Garmin were not the best team in the world last year. And Dan Martin who less than 1 and a half years ago was considered 10 times the talent of Chris Froome, struggled in the Tour de France, while Froome was left wondering if he wasnt just playing a training computer game on easy mode.

Also JV does actually answer questions and lots of them. Bailsford will only answer a question if it gets to big to ignore and when he does its so full of PR you are left wondering at what point he is going to announce his run for political office. I mean claiming he was shocked to find out Lance doped. Really?

Edit: I was gonna say that DB is so full of PR you wonder if he hired Allistair Campbell but then i remembered that Allistaire Campbell is actually very good friends with Bailsford going back a few years now.

So he learns from the best.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.