The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping - Page 10 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 12-22-12, 23:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerion View Post
I admit I'm new to this so what do people think about Daniel Oss' chances next year.
With Ballan out for probably the entire classics season will he get a much more senior role in the classics that GVA isn't targetting. Or even as co leader?
Even without Ballan I don't see Oss getting many opportunities to be leader. He'll probably be more of a domestique for the leaders. There's always the chance he could get a really good result from the breakaway in one of the big races, but hoping for that is risky. I had Oss listed as a possible pick but there were always riders I had more faith in to deliver, so he never made it in.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-23-12, 07:49

Selecting this years' team is quite hard. The youngsters who got me lot of points last year like Henao, Moser, Quintana and even the likes of Kelderman and Slagter have overpriced themselves.
I'm also not too confident about this years' neo-pros.

The uncertainty surrounding some riders named in the Mantova Investigation makes it even more difficult .

Daniel Oss was in my short list by I've dropped him from the team i have selected for now.
Old 12-23-12, 08:00

Is anyone taking Bole? An absolute bargain, but being Slovenia's version of Yaroslav Popovych makes him very risky. Also unknown if he will feel at home in VCD's allsorts lineup.
Old 12-23-12, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Is anyone taking Bole? An absolute bargain, but being Slovenia's version of Yaroslav Popovych makes him very risky. Also unknown if he will feel at home in VCD's allsorts lineup.
I have him in my team currently. Very risky pick though because he could get popped any time.
If i find a better bargain i'll definitely drop him.
Old 12-23-12, 08:34

How serious is Poels' injury?

Last edited by the asian; 12-23-12 at 09:00.
Old 12-23-12, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
How serious is Poels' injury?
Very. Stay away from him.
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-30-12, 04:31
Administrator

Is it likely that Katusha will take a step down to pro conti if they can't get into the WT? I've got one Katusha rider but am not sure if I should keep him if Katusha goes away.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-30-12, 16:55

Is Kash not racing this year? He was on the TdU lineup for Astana but apparently didn't sign the code of conduct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 12-30-12, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
Is Kash not racing this year? He was on the TdU lineup for Astana but apparently didn't sign the code of conduct?
yup he is "banned", astana won't select him for any race unless he signs the thing
Old 12-30-12, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir View Post
I thought it would be easy to get under the 7500 mark this year with so many top riders underperforming/out with injuries this year, but I also struggle.
But as this is the name dropping thread; I think this was quite disapponting Hugo. You should at least hint at some names if posting in this thread
I noticed that also. IMO it's a clinic matter and I'll look forward to it being explained in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I already know who is going to be the most picked rider this year, he's only worth 20 points but I hear he's suppose to be a pretty good climber. Too bad he only cares about a couple races.
Made a point of submitting my team before reading the thread - there's always one obvious pick you miss (edit - fuuck it,I swapped him in ) Unsure why I didn't put Gilbert in either.

Anyone else buying Rujano? I said he would never materialise at Vacansoleil, but I threw a team together last minute and decided to take the chance.

Last edited by taiwan; 12-30-12 at 21:32.