Sky - Page 1041 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-22-12, 23:21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
But its pretty logical that suspicion of doping falls on those who produce super performances. Like Lemond said in 2000 "this is the greatest story or the greatest fraud".

In fact Wiggins himself said its the winners on whom suspicion falls
Well yes. Of course had Armstrong never won, the events of the past year would likely have never happened. You can be sure that many riders in the 99-05 era committed the same doping offences as Armstrong, but have got away with it. Armstrong's biggest mistake was to win (and be an odious c*** who is currently finding out what karma means)

Quote:
But more importantly a good performance is only part of the argument, more important is the improvement.

Its not that Wiggins and Froome were so good at the Tour its that they improved so much. Wiggins finished his first Tour in 134th position. Froome in 80th. Now they are 1-2.
That is a well-trodden argument on this thread, and let's not start it again for fear of all the innumerate trying to justify their positions with some very bad science.

The corollary of that is also a factor, who has deteriorated, and deterioration includes not being there (Clue: AC)
Old 12-22-12, 23:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
Like someone said a few pages back, no smoke without fire. There is so much heat being generated by Sky and their actions I feel I have a hotel on the top of mount Etna!

Froome and his meteoric rise to become a GC contendor (I suppose this is being put down to marginal gains?)
Rogers
Barry
Leinders
Yates
Jullich
de Jongh
Wiggins and his comparrison with USPS
Wiggins and his love for Lance
Wiggins suddenly divorcing Lance
Wiggins USPS style outburst about lazy ****ers
Skys domination in 2012
Skys PR Failings (Too many to list)
More

All the above for me is just TOO many items that cause too much smoke. Its been said on this thread before, if the above was Movistar of AG2R well jesus, the Sky Boyz would be kicking off.

Its just smells, we need answers.
Don't forget little Richie Porte and his loose lips.

Back to Sky. I have some serious concerns. Just when I thought cycling was entering a new era we're back at 2002 again.

The 'Armstrong Affair' shook the sport to its core. I'm saddened that its all started again and the sport hasn't moved on.

Sky and no better than USPS. I'm sorry.

The sport is still sick. Teams that run doping programs win.

It's a other sad day for the sport and on the eve of Christmas as well
Old 12-22-12, 23:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post

The corollary of that is also a factor, who has deteriorated, and deterioration includes not being there (Clue: AC)
AC wasnt there in 2006 either Nor Andy Schleck for that matter.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-22-12, 23:30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Sky and no better than USPS.
Well they are. Sky have won a GT.
Old 12-22-12, 23:33

Quote:
Heras still has his '03 Vuelta.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 12-22-12, 23:34

Quote:
Roberto Heras, 2003 Vuelta.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 12-22-12, 23:37
Banned

Oops forgot that one
Old 12-22-12, 23:40
Banned

Then don't.

Simples. No need to beat yourself up about it

Old 12-22-12, 23:43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
The sport needs a complete clean out top to bottom.

I'm lost for words on this news.

Not sure i can watch the Tour 2013.
Dont worry, sky has gotten rid of all the dirty apples, and this time they are really serious about being a clean team.
Old 12-22-12, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sceptic View Post
Dont worry, sky has gotten rid of all the dirty apples, and this time they are really serious about being a clean team.
When did Froome leave? I must've missed that.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton