Who will better the other Contador vs Schleck in 2013! - Page 6 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Schleck vs Contador in 2013
Alberto Contador 71 77.17%
Andy Schleck 13 14.13%
Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons. 8 8.70%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-12, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
I don't think Alberto reached his prime in 2008-2009. In 2011 I think.
yes. in 2011 giro he was the best ever.
Old 12-23-12, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
I think he can still hit that level, or close to it. He was pretty good in the Vuelta this year, with quite a bit of solid competition and missing the kind of MTF's that he's the best at. With racing in his legs from last year, he's going to be pretty good this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 12-23-12, 17:31

Voted Andy.

Contador is no longer the same rider he was before.
Old 12-23-12, 17:46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
I think he can still hit that level, or close to it. He was pretty good in the Vuelta this year, with quite a bit of solid competition and missing the kind of MTF's that he's the best at. With racing in his legs from last year, he's going to be pretty good this year.
It is hope for the best, but not belief in the best. He had all MTF's he could dream of.
Old 12-23-12, 17:52
Administrator

Quote:
This is about common sense, not about who you cheer for.
It's not about that at all, with polls like these most people will vote for the guy they like more. And it's not like it is just common sense that Contador will beat Schleck. A lot can happen in cycling, for all we know Schleck could come back in 2013 stronger than he was in the 2010 tour and beat Contador.

Quote:
Haha Alberto is angry because he got banned and lost 3 of his prime years. Well we'll see I guess
Of course, but people usually don't hang on to their anger for so long. If he used it in his riding, he used it at the Vuelta IMO. Schleck still has a lot to prove after 2012 so I see anger playing more a role for him than Contador.

Quote:
Yea we vote for Alberto.

You don't want to take Netserk's avatar bet?

Nah, I'm not gonna risk my avatar, nothing is certain at this point. I'll just wait and cheer Schleck on during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
You are.only looking at a couple of factors that fans no about..there are hundreds of things more likely to get you angry than the " team might disband" we don't know what their situation is at home.

And at the tdf contador is the one who hundreds of smart asses will blame for the entire problem.of.doping in cycling so he might get angry that way.

Either way i don't think anger is a major advantage anyway. They are professionals who know how to get the most out of their bodies without tricking their bodies.into fury. It might even blind them into mistiming efforts or.going too hard
Sure there are more factors, but we as fans really have no way of knowing what they are or if there even are any. But based on what we do know for sure, Schleck I think would have more anger to access than Contador.

Agree with the second part of your post. Anger I think can at times be a advantage but can also easily be a disadvantage. While a little anger to drive ones attaks can help, one also needs to be cool and collected to win a big race like the Tour.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 12-23-12, 19:38

Quote:
The only races Alberto and Andy will both "race" are TA and TDF. Obviously Andy needs to win TDF to win this poll. He'd have to put 3-4 minutes into Alberto in the mountains and don't forget there are descent finishes In other words there is no way that will happen unless Alberto crashes or gets stuck behind a crash and R'shack drill it on the front again like they've done before
And thats poor Andy's biggest problem.....GRAVITY....he just can't stay upright!!

Unless a miracle has happened this is a no brainer!!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 12-23-12, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
And thats poor Andy's biggest problem.....GRAVITY....he just can't stay upright!!

Unless a miracle has happened this is a no brainer!!
Well quite some people appear to believe in miracles!

This reminds me of theswordsman's (RIP) tweets before TDF 2011... #NoMiracleInJuly
Old 12-23-12, 19:52

andy will whoop this guy's sorry little a$$, no doubt about it

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 12-23-12, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
Because he could keep up with Rujano there ofc, next year Contador won't stand a chance against his awesome climbing power.
This thread should actually have a decent poll and have Rujano included.

Last edited by Pentacycle; 12-23-12 at 20:08.
Old 12-23-12, 20:06

I don't see Andy in the same league as Bertie. A perverse thing to say but I reckon, push comes to shove, Bertie wins every time.