Who will better the other Contador vs Schleck in 2013! - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Schleck vs Contador in 2013
Alberto Contador 71 77.17%
Andy Schleck 13 14.13%
Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons. 8 8.70%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-12, 20:50
Banned

Contador will be out of top-3 in the Tour and I truly don't know whether he will decide to start the Vuelta after that. Pailheres-Ax-3 stage will become a revelation for many people.

I appreciate a role of extra lives in anything very highly.

Last edited by airstream; 12-23-12 at 20:55.
Old 12-23-12, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Contador will be out of top-3 in the Tour and I truly don't know whether he will decide to start the Vuelta after that. Pailheres-Ax-3 stage will become a revelation for many people.

I appreciate a role of extra lives in anything very highly.

You can decide the terms
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-23-12, 21:03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post

You can decide the terms
I won't bet anything cuz I look organically only having an andy avatar. it is just a humble opinion
Old 12-23-12, 21:05

Quote:
I won't bet anything cuz I look organically only having an andy avatar. it is just a humble opinion
When you win, you won't have to change it
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-24-12, 13:04

Contador will win in a landslide. Andy's insistence that he was in the form of his life at the 2011 Tour and could never gain a decided advantage until it was far too late leading to the final ITT leads me to think that with a hungry Contador back he'd be better served going for the Giro/Vuelta double. At least in that way he'll finally have at least one actual major stage race win on his palmares. Additionally I just can't see him coming back at his best by July after the abysmal 2012 he had, with the minimal race days and especially the severity of his injury.
Old 12-24-12, 13:14
Banned

astonishing blindness. do you draw any line between desired and real things? get ready for global dissapointment, fans of strong cycling feelings. damn why only contador provokes madness?

Last edited by airstream; 12-24-12 at 13:18.
Old 12-24-12, 13:21

After such a long absence from a bike no one can come back strong. Not without some clinic related material. So don't try and lecture us about blindness please.

After all, Contador has always performed better than Andy. Why would next year be any different?

This isn't a poll about what you'd like to happen, but what you think will happen. There's a difference.

But apparently not a lot of people on CN realize that...
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-24-12, 13:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
After such a long absence from a bike no one can come back strong. Not without some clinic related material. So don't try and lecture us about blindness please.

After all, Contador has always performed better than Andy. Why would next year be any different?

This isn't a poll about what you'd like to happen, but what you think will happen. There's a difference.

But apparently not a lot of people on CN realize that...
Omg, a lecture from you is by far more entertaining. For what are polls created if the only thing you can base on is previous experience?

Apparently, 80% of forum members are on there in order to 'bath' in what they would like to see.

Last edited by airstream; 12-24-12 at 13:29.
Old 12-24-12, 13:30

Quote:
Omg, a lecture from you is by far more entertaining. For what are polls created if the only thing you can base on is previous experience?
Actually I base my statement on 2 different things in the post you just quoted. Can you find them?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-24-12, 13:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Actually I base my statement on 2 different things in the post you just quoted. Can you find them?
Of course not because there was no any thing. Just a notation how people don't realize anything and nothing more.