Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 270 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2691  
Old 12-22-12, 10:12
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
?
AS in 100% form = perhaps just as good a climber as AC
but still way worse at tt'ing,if nothing bad happens he can't win

That's what I said Poor Andy
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #2692  
Old 12-22-12, 10:27
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

Just like I noticed. Reaction time of terrified fans is fascinating.
Arguments you're bringing up are from BC era. AD convict wasn't so convincing.
Let's wait and see.
Reply With Quote
  #2693  
Old 12-23-12, 15:15
gustienordic's Avatar
gustienordic gustienordic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota.
Posts: 1,154
Default

Maybe if Schleck actually races for more than 5 days out of the year and stops his annoying attitude, I will start to like him. Also, he needs to show a pretty big improvement

Yes, his schedule looks much better, but if he hides in the peloton the whole time who cares?
__________________
Moser fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Reply With Quote
  #2694  
Old 12-23-12, 15:19
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
Maybe if Schleck actually races for more than 5 days out of the year and stops his annoying attitude, I will start to like him. Also, he needs to show a pretty big improvement

Yes, his schedule looks much better, but if he hides in the peloton the whole time who cares?
+1 that's my whole point
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #2695  
Old 12-23-12, 21:26
shades1's Avatar
shades1 shades1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 169
Default

i doubt very much you will see too much of him going on any lunatic attacks before the TDF , everything pre TDF will be aimed at getting him too peak fitness , i want an epic TDF this year after last years cakewalk by sky .

if he is ever going to win the race i feel it has to be this year where it favors the climbers in a big way but he also has to be at his peak if he is to beat contador so personally i think he will come into the race very quietly and hopefully once again go head to head with alberto .

lets be honest here , would you watch last years TDF again ? i very much doubt it . but would you watch the 2or3 before that again , oh yes !!

pro racing needs both andy and alberto back to there best and we may well be in for the race of the century this summer .
Reply With Quote
  #2696  
Old 12-23-12, 23:33
ferryman's Avatar
ferryman ferryman is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LostinFife
Posts: 2,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
i doubt very much you will see too much of him going on any lunatic attacks before the TDF , everything pre TDF will be aimed at getting him too peak fitness , i want an epic TDF this year after last years cakewalk by sky .

if he is ever going to win the race i feel it has to be this year where it favors the climbers in a big way but he also has to be at his peak if he is to beat contador so personally i think he will come into the race very quietly and hopefully once again go head to head with alberto .

lets be honest here , would you watch last years TDF again ? i very much doubt it . but would you watch the 2or3 before that again , oh yes !!

pro racing needs both andy and alberto back to there best and we may well be in for the race of the century this summer .
Totally agree with this. With the Sky freak show thrown in as an aside, it should be great come next July
Reply With Quote
  #2697  
Old 12-23-12, 23:38
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
if he is ever going to win the race i feel it has to be this year where it favors the climbers in a big way .
I feel 2010 and 11 were more climber friendly.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #2698  
Old 12-24-12, 00:12
movingtarget movingtarget is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I feel 2010 and 11 were more climber friendly.
I agree. He could have and according to many, should have won both races but he was beaten by two riders who have always shown that they are mentally stronger, sans Evan's horror 2009 Tour, and I think that has always been his problem. The talent is there but it has to be exploited. Evans seems to have the right people guiding him at BMC and Schleck desperately needs something similar. Bruyneel was obviously not the right fit even though I thought at first he might have given Schleck more discipline and a better tactical sense. Probably too different and Schleck reacted badly to Bruyneel's criticism which just made things worse.
Reply With Quote
  #2699  
Old 12-24-12, 01:06
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
I agree. He could have and according to many, should have won both races but he was beaten by two riders who have always shown that they are mentally stronger, sans Evan's horror 2009 Tour, and I think that has always been his problem. The talent is there but it has to be exploited. Evans seems to have the right people guiding him at BMC and Schleck desperately needs something similar. Bruyneel was obviously not the right fit even though I thought at first he might have given Schleck more discipline and a better tactical sense. Probably too different and Schleck reacted badly to Bruyneel's criticism which just made things worse.
I dont know if Schleck should have won the 2010 Tour. Where?

In the Alpes he got his score in Morzine, and on Madeline he was never going to put time into Contador with a 20k descent and 10 k of flat.

On Les deux alpes he tried and failed. On Tourmalet he threw the kitchen sink at Contador and couldnt get a second.

All thats left is Port du Bailes. Schleck got karma back for stage 3. If you want to ignore stage 3, then you can say if Schleck didnt slip his chain on PDB he could have finished with Contador (or maybe even taken some time from him, though with a descent - 40 seconds would be unlikely) but then thats not - Schleck should have won the Tour by being mentally stronger. Its - Schleck would have won the Tour if Contador had lost time in a crash and Schleck lost time nowhere.

But then you can say the same for any gt where the winner wins by less than a minute.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #2700  
Old 12-24-12, 02:05
rzombie1988 rzombie1988 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 331
Default

I can't see Andy winning or beating AC.

Against AC:
In the TT? Not a chance in this world. He will lose time.
In the mountains? At best, he will be even with him and maybe get a few seconds on the first steep finish because AC won't be ready yet.
On the flats? That'll be the day.

I don't know where he is going to get the time he will need. The only way is to attack early on in the race before the mountains where it will be a little bit more relaxed and hope to gain enough seconds. Other than that, it won't happen.

I see similar things happening against Froome and I see even worse things happening even to a tired Wiggins. I even see him going down to JRod if he is invited because JRod has actually improved instead of just excusing himself with, "I'm not good at Time Trials". I used to think Andy was better than JRod but current JRod even had AC struggling minus that flat stage.

Last edited by rzombie1988; 12-24-12 at 02:10.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.