U.S. Politics - Page 596 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 12-24-12, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
A gun is not an inanimate object when it is in the hands of a killer. Guns don't kill people, angry or sick people who can get their hands on guns kill people.
I know you are not stupid (?), at least I think not. So, say some one is trying to kill you, he might be crazy, he might not, he might be armed, he might not, which would be easier to control? Crazy with a gun or crazy/not crazy without a gun?
Once we take killer weapons out of the equation then we can start working on all of the other parts. Actually we can work on all of them at once, but why not start here? Because something written 200+ years ago says we can't?
Fine. You gonna confiscate guns? Best of luck with that.

I don't disagree that common sense restrictions should be in place. No civilian needs automatic weapons with large magazines. I get it.

If you think assault weapons banns will fix this problem you are crazier than batman. Pass whatever gun laws you want. While you are at it maybe you can address the real problem.

Also, what other parts of the constitutional amendments are you prepared to trample on? If you are going to breach the 2nd you'll have to breach the 4th and probably the 10th.

But who cares. These are modern times.

Last edited by Scott SoCal; 12-24-12 at 05:28.
Old 12-24-12, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Also, what other parts of the constitutional amendments are you prepared to trample on? If you are going to breach the 2nd you'll have to breach the 4th and probably the 10th.
I think they are ready to trample on everything. You bring up a common sense approach to reduce crime in general, like getting illegal immigration under contol, and they are like, "Oh, no. We cannot do that. A statue in New York harbor has an inscription on it." It is very clear that crime is just a canard being used to eliminate the second amendment.
Old 12-24-12, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
I think they are ready to trample on everything. You bring up a common sense approach to reduce crime in general, like getting illegal immigration under contol, and they are like, "Oh, no. We cannot do that. A statue in New York harbor has an inscription on it." It is very clear that crime is just a canard being used to eliminate the second amendment.
I respect a good troll job, else I would report you.
Old 12-24-12, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Great. Why are we only talking about guns then?
This is your foolish delusion. Why do you harp on things that are patently untrue? I realize this is probably just a tactical maneuver to shift the debate toward your nonsensical convictions. Either that, or you are a blockhead.
Old 12-24-12, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
This is your foolish delusion. Why do you harp on things that are patently untrue? I realize this is probably just a tactical maneuver to shift the debate toward your nonsensical convictions. Either that, or you are a blockhead.
Caught that did you? Nice to see the Scott, BD tag team working hard against anything speculative.

Too much effort.
Old 12-24-12, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphronesis View Post
Caught that did you? Nice to see the Scott, BD tag team working hard against anything speculative.

Too much effort.
I alluded to it upthread. You guys are getting trolled. They are probably having a good laugh at y'all's expense on PM.
Old 12-24-12, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I alluded to it upthread. You guys are getting trolled. They are probably having a good laugh at y'all's expense on PM.
I saw that.

Well, if the reverse net result is the same when they actually say something serious, then fair enough.

Doesn't mitigate the reality of the sentiments driving the trolling posts though.

Last edited by aphronesis; 12-24-12 at 16:42.
Old 12-24-12, 16:57

Quote:
I saw that.

Well, if the reverse net result is the same when they actually say something serious, then fair enough.

Doesn't mitigate the reality of the sentiments driving the trolling posts though.
I can agree that the troll job is based upon realistic thoughts of the mouthbreathers in this country, but they are smarter than that. Scotty makes a hobby out of trolling this forum with his extreme economic positions, while he watches Velocity etal break out into hives.

It's unfortunate in a democracy the innocent suffer due to the gullability of the stupid. I suppose now the NRA will propose armed guards at housefires.
Old 12-24-12, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I can agree that the troll job is based upon realistic thoughts of the mouthbreathers in this country, but they are smarter than that. Scotty makes a hobby out of trolling this forum with his extreme economic positions, while he watches Velocity etal break out into hives.

It's unfortunate in a democracy the innocent suffer due to the gullability of the stupid. I suppose now the NRA will propose armed guards at housefires.
Because they like to be old fools. It's foolishness that makes us happy, I've thought.
Old 12-24-12, 17:36

Quote:

Too much effort.
Arguing against trampling constitutionally protected freedoms on a politics thread is trolling now?

Scott and BD agree on very little regarding politics. Scott and BD teaming up on any political issue is pretty damned remote.

Chris discussing trolling is as rich as it gets. I see his dog whistle still can bring it.