Sky - Page 1056 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10551  
Old 12-24-12, 14:40
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Why get personal? This is not about me.
.
Well he has got a point. You have said categorically several times that Ferrari is employed by Wiggins and Sky. You offered no evidence to back up this assertion. Now you are saying, categorically, that Leinders was doping athletes at Sky.

Now you might be right about either or both of these claims, but without any attempt at substantiation it is just hot air.

Less noise, more substance. In fact just some substance would be nice.
Reply With Quote
  #10552  
Old 12-24-12, 14:40
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Why get personal? This is not about me.

This is Sky hiring a Doctor who injects chemicals into then bloodstreams of young men.

Your anger should be directed at them.
lol, chemicals? probably not any worse than what 30% of the western population take with anti depressants, valium and other ****. really don't bring up the ridiculous health thing again, or show me some riders who died doping

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 12-24-12 at 14:45.
Reply With Quote
  #10553  
Old 12-24-12, 14:41
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
You're the one with the 100% guarantee that Wiggins is working with Ferrari. You are clearly protecting the omertÃ* as well since you refuse to take it further.

On the flip side you could be making it up to make it sound like you have some kind of inside knowledge like RR when in fact you are clueless.

I wonder which one it is?
I love this post
Reply With Quote
  #10554  
Old 12-24-12, 14:43
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Shock horror! A cyclist defending their chosen doctor!

I think it's time we asked the mods to restore from backup tape the 2002 version of this forum with a search and replace on USPS with Sky!

Personally I'm shocked. First and foremost we should be fans of cycling not one team. After the 'Armstrong Affair' I cannot believe fans of cycling want to give Sky a pass on this one.

If Sky were called 'El Skyo Espana' you'd be baying for their blood in the streets of Seville.

Cycling is the loser today.
except back then the us epostal riders rode much harder then the sky riders do now. just check any mountainstage and see the incredible difference, look at the first 3 minutes of alpe dhuez 2003 on youtube. pls do it I wait 3 minutes. also no former sky riders getting caught, when riding for different teams. besides back then many us epostal riders weren't climbers. hincapie with his 83 kg was suddenly destroying climbs, landis who was 178 and 69 and let's not forget king lance with his 177 and 73 kg. he was heavier for f*** sake than ullrich, now they all drop weight to follow on climbs, that's right follow, because you will never see wiggo hurt anyone on a climb. so in the end you have zero evidence for all of this. and I'm an intense sky hater myself

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 12-24-12 at 14:46.
Reply With Quote
  #10555  
Old 12-24-12, 14:52
JRanton JRanton is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
There is absolutely no chance of Brailsford being sacked, short of being found with syringes in his pocket - he simply has built up far, far too much goodwill in GB, especially on the track. Even to call for it is, frankly, wishful thinking.

The solid truth is, those who don't like/trust/accept the bona fides of/ Sky may be a majority on this board, but they are a minority of cycling fans, and a miniscule minority of cycling fans in GB.

Having got David Walsh onside, they have even split the fearsome Irish Twosome of Walsh/Kimmage.

Kimmage is your best bet going forward, with Ashenden, for 'taking out' sky. But, for what it's worth, Sky and BC have a very good record of convincing who they need to when they need to - UKSport back in the Keen days, IOC, UCI, BSkyB, News Corp, the British public (3 SPOTYs in 5 years) - if they decide they need to convince WADA and/or Ashenden, they'll put the hard yards in to that, and I reckon they would succeed.

Really, only Kimmage is, in my view, liable to hold out.

Even on CCN, Sky has fans and defenders - think about that. Even CCN.

Now, why is Sky not part of MPCC?
There are many non-News Corp companies who would like nothing more than to help bring down Team Sky. The Daily Mail for example. They had a good crack at Team Sky and Brailsford in the aftermath of the USADA report and that led to the new zero-tolerance policy and the departures of Yates, Rogers, De Jongh and Julich.

There's plenty happening behind the scenes. UKADA investigations and a very senior Sky and GB cycling employee has been accused by three separate former teammates of doping during his career. He's toast. That's the next ''event'' to look foward to in the New Year.

Sky might have all the watches but we have all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #10556  
Old 12-24-12, 14:58
JRanton JRanton is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
ok, thanks. I don't understand about txema gonzalez though, he was a doctor with sky until he died and then they hired leinders?
No, Gonzalez was a team soigneur who died in somewhat mysterious fashion at the 2010 Vuleta. A number of riders also fell ill from a separate virus.

Brailsford used those incidents as justification for hiring Geert Leinders (that they needed an experienced doctor who had worked in cycling). Despicable really if you ask me. Bruyneel/Armstrong levels.
Reply With Quote
  #10557  
Old 12-24-12, 15:04
JRanton JRanton is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
except back then the us epostal riders rode much harder then the sky riders do now. just check any mountainstage and see the incredible difference, look at the first 3 minutes of alpe dhuez 2003 on youtube. pls do it I wait 3 minutes. also no former sky riders getting caught, when riding for different teams. besides back then many us epostal riders weren't climbers. hincapie with his 83 kg was suddenly destroying climbs, landis who was 178 and 69 and let's not forget king lance with his 177 and 73 kg. he was heavier for f*** sake than ullrich, now they all drop weight to follow on climbs, that's right follow, because you will never see wiggo hurt anyone on a climb. so in the end you have zero evidence for all of this. and I'm an intense sky hater myself
Ryo, you thought Ivailo Gabrovski was clean so I'm not exactly sure that you're best placed to judge which riders are doping and which aren't.
Reply With Quote
  #10558  
Old 12-24-12, 15:05
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
No, Gonzalez was a team soigneur who died in somewhat mysterious fashion at the 2010 Vuleta. A number of riders also fell ill from a separate virus.

Brailsford used those incidents as justification for hiring Geert Leinders (that they needed an experienced doctor who had worked in cycling). Despicable really if you ask me. Bruyneel/Armstrong levels.
yeah that sure sounds like ****. no though I'm sure he wished he'd never hired him, although if next year sky is just as strong it proves leinders didn;t dope them, which I also believe that he cleaned up his ways already in the end of rabo, knowing how tight it got.
Reply With Quote
  #10559  
Old 12-24-12, 15:09
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
There's plenty happening behind the scenes. UKADA investigations and a very senior Sky and GB cycling employee has been accused by three separate former teammates of doping during his career. He's toast. That's the next ''event'' to look foward to in the New Year.
Frankly I would be shocked if Team Sky didn't have ex-pro riders on its support staff who are also ex-dopers.

Sky's zero tolerance approach may be hypocritical, it may be more about PR than anything else, but saying 'you won't get a job with us if you are a known doper, and if you are subsequently exposed you are sacked' is certainly better than doing nothing.

Getting people out of the system forever is the way forward.
Reply With Quote
  #10560  
Old 12-24-12, 15:12
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
yeah that sure sounds like ****. no though I'm sure he wished he'd never hired him, although if next year sky is just as strong it proves leinders didn;t dope them, which I also believe that he cleaned up his ways already in the end of rabo, knowing how tight it got.
When you look at the SKY results of 2010 pre Leinders and compare them to the Leinders era you will see some distinction. Nothing to see here, move along.

The boys just had saddlesores.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.