Sky - Page 1070 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-25-12, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
there's one thing I would like to say about bole. a friend of me personally, an italian knew bole pretty well as an u23 and junior rider. bole tried all he could to get on an italian team(via my friend) and out of slovenian u23 racing. bole said it was full of dope and he didn't want any of it. now it might be that bole either lied(my friend believed him and he had reasons) or that he changed his attitude as a pro, or that he is indeed clean.
so .... a long story which is meant as what can only be described as an obscure claim to fame ends up in saying that Bole either dopes or he doesn't. Well, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
Brailsford should be sacked.

I mean to go from a stated policy of hiring British doctors who hadn't previously worked in cycling to hiring Geert Leinders is unforgivable.
spot on. Couldn't possibly agree more.
Old 12-25-12, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
<snip>

So many questions so little answers from Sky.

All I ask for is the truth.
In cycling the truth is the hardest thing to hear, find, uncover, discover........
Old 12-25-12, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so .... a long story which is meant as what can only be described as an obscure claim to fame ends up in saying that Bole either dopes or he doesn't. Well, thanks for that.

spot on. Couldn't possibly agree more.
Brailsford should definatly go this needs more media coverage.
Old 12-25-12, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Really? You are forgetting about weaseling out of his contract with Garmin. He was so committed to turning his attention to GC that he abandoned a team that was chock full of time trialists and climbers, a team that had fantastic support for the GC of GTs, sporting riders who had top gone top ten in multiple GTs. He went to a team that had no support and no experience riding for GT GCs. If Wiggins had designs on GC then one has to conclude that he was looking for something other than support riders and experience. Hiring Lienders gave us the answer to that.
it's funny cosnidering you find it weird he left garmin, where he had a measly salary compared to sky, yet you attack him riding in track, because there he couldn't make nearly as much money as in road. now what is it?
Old 12-25-12, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
At least Garmin has a history of riders on the team performing worse than they did when they were on the sauce. Sky, on the other hand, has a history of riders reaching heights above and beyond what Dr. Ferrari could deliver. I don't recall Garmin producing any Froome-like transformations, where a rider who was scrounging for any team to give him a contract is magically turned into a world beater.
hesjedal

Old 12-25-12, 13:43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
In cycling the truth is the hardest thing to hear, find, uncover, discover........
I agree. Spot on.

You'd think after the Armstrong Affair that there be a price on truth. But with Sky there is.

Sad.
Old 12-25-12, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolophonic View Post
Out of interest why do people say Sky is a British team ? They are owned by an Aussie and ride Italian bikes... the whole Jingoistic attitude that has been manufactured is starting to smell really bad.
even in this topic this post stands out as being full of ignorance. yes I remember well looking at teams what country there bikes are from, or who owns them. quickstep is now a czech team and saxo russian?
Old 12-25-12, 14:16

Quote:
I see you have no arguments and you throw it on that. typical clinic
I even replie to this stupidity, must be my christmas spirit.

Quote:
lotto, agreed but that was 10 years ago when peloton was still on the juice.
Where was Taus last year and wich rider rocked all year? Hint, he won the worlds this year after a poor poor season.
Old 12-25-12, 14:23

I can't wait to see JTL smash up the World Tour and this thread will go ballistic.
Old 12-25-12, 15:08

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Quote:
hesjedal

yeah or wiggins, vandevelde etc