Sky - Page 1078 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-26-12, 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
It illustrates your depth of knowledge. The reason Cavendish didn't medal is because Wiggins rode like a C grader in their event, the madison.
Unfortunately for Cavendish, Wiggins had the IP and Team Pursuit as his focus. Hence the 'C grade' performance in the Madison one could suppose.
Old 12-26-12, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcleigh View Post
Unfortunately for Cavendish, Wiggins had the IP and Team Pursuit as his focus. Hence the 'C grade' performance in the Madison one could suppose.
I knew someone would pipe up with this. Joachim's point was Cavendish rode the track but did no good coz even though he's a top roadie sprinter, track riders are as or more elite. Did you miss that?

But both points are missing the point: it was a team race, and you're very much dependent on the other rider as a team. Cavendish missed out because Wiggins rode poorly, NOT because trackies are as good as or better than roadies.

I also think you'll find it's more Wiggins partied hard post-medal winning IP rides. I don't think Cavendish is that dumb that he'd be upset at Wiggins if it was justifiable to ride a couple of IPs and then have nothing left in the tank.

Makes even more of a mockery for Wiggins' 2012 season if that really was the reason.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 12-27-12 at 11:19. Reason: not acceptable
Old 12-27-12, 00:19
Banned

Quote:
I knew someone would pipe up with this. Jokequim's point was Cavendish rode the track but did no good coz even though he's a top roadie sprinter, track riders are as or more elite. Did you miss that?

But both points are missing the point: it was a team race, and you're very much dependent on the other rider as a team. Cavendish missed out because Wiggins rode poorly, NOT because trackies are as good as or better than roadies.

I also think you'll find it's more Wiggins partied hard post-medal winning IP rides. I don't think Cavendish is that dumb that he'd be upset at Wiggins if it was justifiable to ride a couple of IPs and then have nothing left in the tank.

Makes even more of a mockery for Wiggins' 2012 season if that really was the reason.
Hold on, Wiggo. The basic point is whether or not 'track cyclists' are some lesser breed than roadies - presumably so that Wiggins IP domination can be dismissed as evidence of future road potential.

After all, why would anyone with any talent ride track, when all the money is on the road, right?

Except, aside from the olympics, Cavendish was a two time track world champion - 2005,2008 - he won a commonwealth games track scratch, and a European track scratch (u-23?) in between - Cavendish rode track as his main thing for years - and can we accept that Cav is pretty good at his road job?

The question is then, what are talents like cavendish, and Matt Goss and Taylor Phinney doing wasting their time and earning potential on the track?

Last edited by martinvickers; 12-27-12 at 00:24.
Old 12-27-12, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
How is a court decision that the management team of rabo is accomplish of whereabouts fraud a "rumour" or "tenuous?

The denial in here is amazing.

Quite simply: They were fully aware of Leinders past.

The idea that you hire a doctor and somehow don't know he was part of the management team of one of the most successful teams is ridiculous. And you certainly look into doping cases a doctor was involved with. It's beyond belief you simply hire a doctor no questions asked.
When was the decision issued?
Old 12-27-12, 02:26
Banned

Quote:
It illustrates your depth of knowledge. The reason Cavendish didn't medal is because Wiggins rode like a C grader in their event, the madison.
Yes I know. I was there.

If you look really closely you'll see I qualified the point with the word 'simplistic'. I'm sure you know what that word means.
Old 12-27-12, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Yes I know. I was there.

If you look really closely you'll see I qualified the point with the word 'simplistic'. I'm sure you know what that word means.
It means "simple". I think what you needed was something closer to "irrelevant" or more simply, "wrong".
Old 12-27-12, 02:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
When was the decision issued?
Col de Peyresourde in 2007

Only the blind missed it. The most ridiculous display of drug use since Al Pacino in Scareface.

An epic stage of circus mania brought to you by Dr. Lienders and Bruyneel/Dr. Ferrari/Fuentes.

Last edited by thehog; 12-27-12 at 02:53.
Old 12-27-12, 07:15
Banned

Quote:
It means "simple". I think what you needed was something closer to "irrelevant" or more simply, "wrong".
Of course, you pointing out that Cavendish lost the Madison because of Wiggo just adds to my point. (Wiggo being a roadie). You probably didn't even realise you were doing it.
Old 12-27-12, 07:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Of course, you pointing out that Cavendish lost the Madison because of Wiggo just adds to my point. (Wiggo being a roadie). You probably didn't even realise you were doing it.
... no, Wiggins lost because he couldn't be assed. In that same year, with the same partner, he was madison world champion.

It's still a poor example.

And I agree, as I already raised the point previously: Wiggins is an average fish in a tiny pond. That's the only reason he won any IP medals. And the 2008 WC meet with Hayles getting pinged, the 2nd of the Dutchies getting pinged, the 1st of the Dutchies pwning Wiggins by a second in qualifying but going 20 seconds slower at the Olympics all lead me to suspect doping is rife in track as it is on road, amen.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 12-27-12 at 11:17. Reason: insulting
Old 12-27-12, 08:23
Banned

GB's most succesful Olympian. TdF champion. Olympic TT champion.

Yeah, that's pretty average.