Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10791  
Old 12-27-12, 15:06
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Olympic golds dont pay the mortgage. Simple.
in britain they do. ask chris hoy
Reply With Quote
  #10792  
Old 12-27-12, 15:11
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

I have been given Wiggins new book by my wife's aunt, for Christmas. I didn't ask for it, the other one was sh1te.

Just read the first chapter. Very interesting.

Last edited by Joachim; 12-27-12 at 15:14.
Reply With Quote
  #10793  
Old 12-27-12, 15:12
the sceptic's Avatar
the sceptic the sceptic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
wiggins talent is undeniable. his track records speak for themselves. look at boardman, who was close to winning duaphinee in a period where all his opponents were doped to the moon and boardman never dropped any weight unlike wiggins. and it's not as if wiggins is a super rider all of a sudden. he's severly limited as a climber and it shows all the time.
Yes it certainly showed when he was struggling to keep up with the grupetto and was finishing grand tours in the 100s. that seems pretty normal.
Reply With Quote
  #10794  
Old 12-27-12, 15:22
red_flanders's Avatar
red_flanders red_flanders is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
wiggins talent is undeniable. his track records speak for themselves. look at boardman, who was close to winning duaphinee in a period where all his opponents were doped to the moon and boardman never dropped any weight unlike wiggins. and it's not as if wiggins is a super rider all of a sudden. he's severly limited as a climber and it shows all the time.
Ignoring the massive change in his abilities from before 2009, I would tend to agree that he was limited in that year..for a top contender.

In the 2012 Tour he showed few such limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #10795  
Old 12-27-12, 15:36
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
wiggins talent is undeniable. his track records speak for themselves. look at boardman, who was close to winning duaphinee in a period where all his opponents were doped to the moon and boardman never dropped any weight unlike wiggins. and it's not as if wiggins is a super rider all of a sudden. he's severly limited as a climber and it shows all the time.
Just shows how much you know on cycling. 56.375 metres an hour full of epo nonsense. Not that I minded at the time after seeing dottore Ferrari break it with Rominger at the steering wheel.

When will dear Wiggo attempt to break the hour record?
Reply With Quote
  #10796  
Old 12-27-12, 15:52
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sceptic View Post
Yes it certainly showed when he was struggling to keep up with the grupetto and was finishing grand tours in the 100s. that seems pretty normal.
so did geraint thomas this year, when he focussed on track, while last year eh climbed quite well despite still being heavy.
Reply With Quote
  #10797  
Old 12-27-12, 15:53
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_flanders View Post
Ignoring the massive change in his abilities from before 2009, I would tend to agree that he was limited in that year..for a top contender.

In the 2012 Tour he showed few such limitations.
in the tour 2012 wiggins bombed hard in that first stage where froome went. wiggins dropped also by jdvb and nibali and I mean hard. only froome stopped riding then. they could've taken massive time on him. and the 2012 tour had the worst level of competition in recent memory not to mention the ridiculously easy course. wiggins will never come close to winning the tour again.
Reply With Quote
  #10798  
Old 12-27-12, 16:00
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 21,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
so did geraint thomas this year, when he focussed on track, while last year eh climbed quite well despite still being heavy.
Did wiggins concentrate on the track in 06 and 07?
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #10799  
Old 12-27-12, 16:06
red_flanders's Avatar
red_flanders red_flanders is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
in the tour 2012 wiggins bombed hard in that first stage where froome went. wiggins dropped also by jdvb and nibali and I mean hard. only froome stopped riding then. they could've taken massive time on him. and the 2012 tour had the worst level of competition in recent memory not to mention the ridiculously easy course. wiggins will never come close to winning the tour again.
I agree he'll not win again, I'm not sure he'll not even be close. He was not the best climber in the race, but he was amongst the best. As I said, "few such limitations".

I think the salient point here is that his performance was light years from anything he'd showed prior to 2009 and significantly better than 2009.

To me, given where he was before his change is incredibly suspicious. His team also showed very suspicious levels of massive (not marginal) transformations. That it all came together in the Olympic year in London is just too much for me.

To me there is some possibility that they did it clean, as there is no proof. I don't think they should be sanctioned of course. But do I think they were clean? No, I personally don't. I think it's fairly likely they were protected.
Reply With Quote
  #10800  
Old 12-27-12, 16:07
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Did wiggins concentrate on the track in 06 and 07?
in 2007, yes. multiple world champion and in 2006 I think he was injured during the world championships
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.