CN interviews Chris Horner - Page 18 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-18-12, 04:05

Why is it that BtheK seems to be posting a whole lot more right now while Mountainboy and his sidekick/sockpuppet Aleajactouf are both temporarily baninated?

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 12-19-12, 00:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
Considering what's happened - for me its a black & white either you believe the USADA report or you don't - I've read it as i'm sure most people have in this forum (he claims not to - I find that a bit weird? at best it's just burying your head in the sand at worst...)
The USADA decision came about precisely because the anti-doping tests weren't effective at catching a doper. Tests weren't enough because people can beat the tests - that doesn't mean that they aren't doping or aren't cheating. Horner seems to be suggesting that if you beat the tests you aren't cheating i.e a la Armstrong, Jenkins & Spanish Armada et al.
For me the evidence is overwhelmingly that he he did dope and he did cheat, the interview with Horner therefore only makes him look like a "Lance Apologist" or "backward" as i really don't understand how anyone could come out with any other conclusion from the USADA report other than LA doped systematically throughout his career.
As i said earlier he claims not to have read it but he should he's like a senior figure in the peleton these days so I believe he should make himself aware of the facts - maybe then comment. I'd probably appreciate it more if he'd said he'd read the report and still come up with these views at least it would make more sense..
Everyone believes the report, Horner included.
The USADA report was a result of whistleblowers, not ineffective tests.
Old 12-19-12, 03:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the delgados View Post
Everyone believes the report, Horner included.
The USADA report was a result of whistleblowers, not ineffective tests.
I think that's what I said wasn't it? - Apart from "Horner included". I didn't see where he acknowledged this, in fact I thought he said he hadn't read it? - I'll check again in a mo, but if he did I don't see how his answers make sense..
Old 12-19-12, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp300 View Post
so what you need to do is get Horner to become a registered CN forum user, and that way we can't insult him anymore.
He'd have to figure out how to use the internet. Might be too much.
Old 12-19-12, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Why is it that BtheK seems to be posting a whole lot more right now while Mountainboy and his sidekick/sockpuppet Aleajactouf are both temporarily baninated?
weird like that.

Billy kicked up some dust on a few other threads.

Anyhow how's the "little bike shop"? Does Chris Horner ever come in there? If he does ask him about the red eggs and poe.
Old 12-20-12, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
LA had talent. Abused it with PEDs.
Not talent like Elite podium a grand tour clean talent. No way. National level talent? Probably.

That winning once a year was sure abusive!

Keep the dream alive! Wiggo was good for an Olympic year but it looks like the UCI has moved on. Don't worry Wiesel and Hein are always scouting for another doper.
Old 12-28-12, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Not talent like Elite podium a grand tour clean talent. No way. National level talent? Probably.

That winning once a year was sure abusive!

Keep the dream alive! Wiggo was good for an Olympic year but it looks like the UCI has moved on. Don't worry Wiesel and Hein are always scouting for another doper.
The guy was hype as the next Lemond. He and Greg (1980 the boycott year), I think, were the only ones ever to get a "bye" on an US Olympic Team under the old rules. I know Armstrong did in 1992, but the point is there "is" really no way to determine your lastest claim because most of the pro peleton was doing the same at the time, or at least that's my opinion as is your statement concerning Armstrong only opinion. VO2 numbers are not the abosolute. Funny how Fignon's book did not lead to a call for an investigation of that period in France. I'm sure if you waterboarded the right guys you would all the confessions you would want.
Old 12-28-12, 04:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
Getting Bruyneel, Celya, Marti, Ferrari, Del Moral out of the sport is a important first step
My point was you won't have the sport if you keep going. You keep fight battles, winning some, but the carnage takes it's toll and the money goes some where were it can get garanteed results. I suppose you'll next stop the flow of illegal drugs over the borders like with Prohibition. Such a major, major sucess. Yes, it would be nice, but somethings you can't stop for long. I think you can kill this sport. You can do that, and that would suit some just fine, but sport in general is another matter.

I think the best route is to put all efforts into several testing jurisdictions other than the UCI. For that matter, create a world body that can random test in any sport. It would be welcomed with open arms.
Old 12-28-12, 06:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
My point was you won't have the sport if you keep going. You keep fight battles, winning some, but the carnage takes it's toll and the money goes some where were it can get garanteed results. I suppose you'll next stop the flow of illegal drugs over the borders like with Prohibition. Such a major, major sucess. Yes, it would be nice, but somethings you can't stop for long. I think you can kill this sport. You can do that, and that would suit some just fine, but sport in general is another matter.

I think the best route is to put all efforts into several testing jurisdictions other than the UCI. For that matter, create a world body that can random test in any sport. It would be welcomed with open arms.
What, you mean like WADA? That could work, but first we have to remove UCI from testing authority.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 12-28-12, 07:07

Horner is very omerta...but needs to keep his career going I guess...still can't say al he wants. But he is I presume a redacted name in Travis Tygart's book. Kristin was rolling the joints and look at USA DNFers at 1998 worlds

Dylan Casey (USA)
David Clinger (USA)
Christopher Horner (USA)
Trent Klasna (USA)
Christian Vandevelde (USA)
Jonathan Vaughters (USA)
Dariusz Baranowski (POL)