LOL! McQuack Calls Lemond "Arrogant" - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-28-12, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
There was a poster in here --forgot his name but will look for it-- who said he rode with Lemond in 1989 at ADR and who said all top riders of that team got PED lunch boxed and that he'd be surprised if Lemond wasn't getting any.
He sounded pretty credible (i.e. he probably really rode with Lemond in that year).
As much as I love Lemond, I think it is foolish to discount the possibility he was enhancing his performances with any sort of illegal drugs. You simply can't exclude the possibility.
No disrespect, but it's been mentioned here MANY times that Wonderboy had a "bounty" of sorts for people with "info" on whether or not Greg doped, and it went NOWHERE(& we're talking ALOT of money), no hearsay, no bs rumors made up to cash in, nothing. What does that say to people questioning the subject? it says it most likely didnt happen(or surely it wouldve come out by now). Besides, that poster offers NOTHING in the evidence/proof dept stating 100% for sure Lemond doped, no times/dates/drs who administered it, nothing, it's basically his opinion(he even says so in the post).

Greg afaic, is the real deal, and clean. Hampsten/Bauer/Knickman/someone wouldve come out by now if Greg doped.
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 12-28-12, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TDFWinner View Post
No disrespect, but it's been mentioned here MANY times that Wonderboy had a "bounty" of sorts for people with "info" on whether or not Greg doped, and it went NOWHERE(& we're talking ALOT of money), no hearsay, no bs rumors made up to cash in, nothing. What does that say to people questioning the subject? it says it most likely didnt happen(or surely it wouldve come out by now). Besides, that poster offers NOTHING in the evidence/proof dept stating 100% for sure Lemond doped, no times/dates/drs who administered it, nothing, it's basically his opinion(he even says so in the post).

Greg afaic, is the real deal, and clean. Hampsten/Bauer/Knickman/someone wouldve come out by now if Greg doped.
thanks for proving my point
Quote:
You simply can't exclude the possibility.
Old 12-28-12, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
thanks for proving my point

What "point" have I supposedly proven? there IS NO POSSIBILITY, he's NEVER doped, never ever......never ever(or follow me here): It wouldve come out by now, right? of course. Please tell me you're not this dense? if there were a "possibility" that he doped, it wouldve been leaked by now.

BUT, since there is no FACTUAL/CREDIBLE proof claiming otherwise,(& you have an obvious comprehension problem) then your "possibility" isnt possible, is it?(it's ok they know) that'd be a huge NO!

Afaict(means as far as I can tell) hes never doped and (wait for it........) neither can anyone else, IF they could, THEY WOULDVE POSTED IT, right? of course. Never comprehending that Wonderboy put out a bounty to anyone(including delusional fanboys such as yourself) to get proof Lemond doped, how'd that work out, explain please?

Thank you for outing yourself as one of the last Lance fanboys who just cant grasp that their fallen heros a a confirmed liar/cheater. So, they try the old, tired, "Lemond doped too" response, knowing full well he didnt do it, just to take some of the heat off their golden boy.

But yet, you claim you "like Greg"? You CLEARLY don't. (You've mastered the art of lying I see, must've gotten that from your man crush Wonderboy?)
That poster never gave any factual proof, not 1 rumore, not 1 " I saw him do it" did he? no.

So, with all that said, please explain how Ive supposedly proven a point, that wasnt a point to begin with?
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)

Last edited by 86TDFWinner; 12-28-12 at 14:16.
Old 12-28-12, 13:54

So, I'll play along one last time, please post any "possibility" you've seemingly created/received, that he has doped, as you've alluded to? it has to be FACTUAL/CREDIBLE proof, by a governing body/reputable source, not your sisters, cousins, step uncle in laws, dogs, goldfishes word, FACTUAL CREDIBLE proof, with dates/times, who administered them to him/etc, do you have this "possible" info, or no? If so, please post it. If not, that proves there IS NO possibility.

Please post it here, so we can all see it, Can you do that or no?(any other response other than you posting any possible proof you may have, means you're trolling, there is no "possibility", you're fos & you're delusional). That basically means you'll have hung yourself.

Last edited by 86TDFWinner; 12-28-12 at 14:04.
Old 12-28-12, 13:55

Quote:
BUT, since there is no FACTUAL/CREDIBLE proof claiming otherwise, then your "possibility" isnt possible.
Quote:
... If so, please post it. If not, that proves there IS NO possibility.
an intriguing (though obviously erroneous) sense of epistemic possibility you have.
you're mixing it all up: facts, proof, possibility.
i suggest you read up on those terms and how they correlate, first, and then come back and tell me if there is or isn't a possibility greg doped.

edit: i've never said greg doped, not even by implication. just saying it's naive to say "I know for sure greg never doped". you simply can't know for sure. Hell, greg himself can't even know for sure.

Last edited by sniper; 12-28-12 at 14:15.
Old 12-28-12, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheKid View Post
Sure. Like I said a 30% chance before the first Lemond effort up to the two chasers. That was the big one. Even if it was 10%, you still don't chase, you wait and follow the wheels of those who do. The thing is, in a group that big, no one knows for sure who is good, so no one throws in there effort until they can exploit someone else...so Boyer had a chance given some hesitation, Lemond saw that and future endorsements salery, fame... going up the road and took "reasonable" action.

How much racing did you say you've done?
Boyer, is that you?

Boyer was an ar@ehole first class, good he got chased down by LeMond. Nevertheless, LeMond was 21 years old on that day, really strange IF he made a tactical mistake!

Really good arguments I must say billyboyer.
Old 12-28-12, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
Boyer, is that you?

Boyer was an ar@ehole first class, good he got chased down by LeMond. Nevertheless, LeMond was 21 years old on that day, really strange IF he made a tactical mistake!

Really good arguments I must say billyboyer.
You have a hammer in your hand and the nail has been firmly hit.
Old 12-28-12, 14:59

Quote:
you're mixing it all up: facts, proof, possibility.
No no, "possibility" means there was/is a chance, since there's no proof, that negates any possibility, even one as minute as you claim.

Quote:
i suggest you read up on those terms and how they correlate, first, and then come back and tell me if there is or isn't a possibility greg doped.
There ISNT. he didnt, or it wouldve come out by now, right?
Quote:
edit: i've never said greg doped, not even by implication.
Really?{this is you}

Quote:
As much as I love Lemond, I think it is foolish to discount the possibility he was enhancing his performances with any sort of illegal drugs. You simply can't exclude the possibility.

Ah, if there's no proof(wait for it.........) yeah, YOU CAN discount it, it didnt happen. Neither were there, and the one person who you claim was supposedly "there" couldnt either, right? then, going by the info provided, no "possibility" exists, AGAIN, please tell me your naivite isn't being confused with delusional thinking?

I'll ask again, please post any "possible" proof he "possibility" doped?

without that, your "possibility" is dead in the water, can you not see that?

Nice try. You can continue on with your "possible" theory, but I won't, since you cant post any said proof one way or another. That means you're full of you know what(because if you had even a small "possibility" that he did dope, you'd have posted it backing up your claims). May I suggest you go back through other threads and re-read them, Lemond isn't a doper, Wonderboy is. Certainly someone who knows what his VO2 max is{like Greg can}, and that of other riders, would know everything that was put in his body at that time, correct? of course. Stop with the conspiracy theories, and back up your talk with any "possibilities" you may have, please?

Any "possibility" of him doping, has been shot down by(drumroll please)......the lack of supporting evidence claiming otherwise(I guess you really are that dense). When you show me there's a "possibility" he doped, I then might actually discuss it with you, but you haven't, you've simply thrown out blanket assumptions(or "possibilities" with no proof to back them up) that he did.

Feel free to keep believing what you wish, everyone else here(who knows he didnt) will go on not paying attention to you.

Last edited by 86TDFWinner; 12-28-12 at 15:06.
Old 12-28-12, 15:12

Quote:
I'll ask again, please post any "possible" proof he "possibility" doped?
There is always a possibility, even how small it is. But given the statements of riders, it is quite a fact Greg was clean. Only one passage in Fignon's book was worrying, regarding the 1989 Champs TT, where he claims he saw 'a different rider'. Could of course have been the adrenaline pumping through LeMonds vains.
Old 12-28-12, 15:18

Quote:
..using up too much space..
it's very simple:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
There is always a possibility, even how small it is.
see?