Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 07-25-12, 10:50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler'sTwin View Post
Tony Martin chimes in.

“He [Wiggins] was so super humanly strong in the Tour de France. I think that he will also triumph in London.”
Needs its own thread.

"Pro peloton references about aliens to team Sky"
Old 07-25-12, 11:50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by function View Post
Merckx was 380W in 1972 (2000 Padilla et al), at altitude and without acclimatization as he set it a few days after arriving in Mexico City. So not a good comparison to make.
Wiggins was not rested and he still kicked ***
Old 07-25-12, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Here is a nice suggestion. The ASO should prove cycling is clean. It's actually quite easy and it would make for amazing viewing. Well it did in 1989 when EPO and blood doping wasn't going on.
Superb suggestion. Bravo.
Old 07-25-12, 15:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
Andy also believes in Unicorns
Only if their existence were supported by a peer-reviewed scientific paper.
Old 07-25-12, 16:20

Although I pretty much agree with the conclusions regarding the power output these days suggesting more effective doping than the 70's and '80's, I wouldn't read too much into VO2 max. Yeah, someone with a VO2 max of 65 is not likely to be able to compete with someone at 90, but someone at 82 certainly might be able to.
Old 12-29-12, 14:41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Please tell me you aren't basing this on the rubbish the Science of Sports guys who work with known doper in South African Rugby have been trouting. They said AC was arguably clean. Ashenden said that was bogus.

What measuring stick are you using? What standard? I think BigBoat has put up the only reasonable numbers. That over 6.1W/kg in the high mountains is impossible over an hour. Why? Lemond and Hinault didn't do it. I've asked people multiple time to give the numbers from the 80s. They flat out right refuse. Why? It's much easier to compare current times to the raging epo 90s. Even Indurains power outputs were dwarfed by Armstrongs. Are guys still hitting numbers two of the classiest and most gifted cyclists ever didn't and couldn't produce? Hell yes and then some. How about an ITT over an hour on the track by Merckx? Yeah, that's being demolished, on the road after two and a half weeks of hard racing.

The sport is so far from clean it's hilarious. That's why Basso said what can one do other than laugh? Want a list of the VO2max these guys have? Basso, LA, Porte, Rogers...all 79-81. Lemond and Hinault were 92-94ml/min/kg. Gosh, dude, Andrew Coggan was taking the mickey out of people once again in the power output thread talking about the peak performance of people in regards to their maximal physiological power outputs and it's reduction with fatigue and sustained exertion.

That for me is the tell. Guys today who are annihilating others, known dopers if you will, and yet take them back to the 80s, where would they be without blood vector doping? Miles behind. Oh and as I pointed out, they're not only physiologically inferior to the 80s champs, they're also much, much faster. People still ride Alpe d'Huez in 42' or there abouts at the pointy end of proceedings. Lemond and Hinault riding tandem alone, with an entire peloton dropped did it in 48'. Long way from clean. Long, long way. No super talent could have won this Tour. Maybe come around 10th. Maybe. No, I don't think those guys there are clean. They know they're not naturally amazing, hence they dope.
The Science in Sport guys are forever quoted as the virtue of clean cycling. They were at one point writing papers that Lance was more than likely to be clean. Now they're quoted on Sky threads.

SiS needs to be banned. They are terrible.
Old 12-29-12, 15:02

Greg Lemond has never said anything untoward about Sky.
Both Sky and Mr. Lemond have a relationship with Rapha.
Will there be another relationship announced soon?
Old 12-29-12, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
The Science in Sport guys are forever quoted as the virtue of clean cycling. They were at one point writing papers that Lance was more than likely to be clean. Now they're quoted on Sky threads.

SiS needs to be banned. They are terrible.
Go home SiS, you're drunk.
Old 12-30-12, 00:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
I've always liked Ivan.
Good for him.

This. I do too. Just being realistic.
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 12-30-12, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TDFWinner View Post
This. I do too. Just being realistic.
I like his sister too. She is easy on the eye.