Moderators - Page 301 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 12-30-12, 01:56

Well, I don't really care, it's very much offseason, after all. Hopefully, by the time het volk is on, "normalcy", or what may pass for it around here, will ensue.
Old 12-30-12, 03:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
that's for the site to decide. I have no public opinion on that.

i will be quite content if he simply stays away from me and my posts, and allows another administrator/moderator to do the job properly.
to me this looks like a very desperate attempt to bully an admin into being afraid of taking action against you. . . fyi doesn't appear to be working.

also people that expect mods to be opinion-less robots who only visit this site for the purpose of moderating must be insane as all mods were members before they became mods.
Old 12-30-12, 03:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
why?

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But I don't have to take it seriously, thankfully...
is there any need to have that condescending attitude towards a poster that simply disagreed with you in a polite manner? but what do i know i am a biased hater after all who have a personal vendetta against a poster on the internet. . . .
Old 12-30-12, 08:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
also people that expect mods to be opinion-less robots who only visit this site for the purpose of moderating must be insane as all mods were members before they became mods.
Its very obvious that on certain parts of the forum the dice are loaded. You are a facilitator of this.

Quote:
is there any need to have that condescending attitude towards a poster that simply disagreed with you in a polite manner?
The above is a perfect example. Why did you feel the need to comment on that, and yet ignore the torrents of abuse that get thrown at people who dare question the view that Sky are doping?

Last edited by Joachim; 12-30-12 at 08:31.
Old 12-30-12, 09:54

When did Parrulo become an admin and why

transparency please
Old 12-30-12, 11:01
Banned

Quote:
is there any need to have that condescending attitude towards a poster that simply disagreed with you in a polite manner? but what do i know i am a biased hater after all who have a personal vendetta against a poster on the internet. . . .
Parrulo, as you know I currently have a formal complaint against you, and pending resolution have requested you not to contact me, post to me, or deal with my posts.

This breach of that request makes clear my concerns were accurate. Please desist from further contact until and unless the complaint is resolved.

Last edited by martinvickers; 12-30-12 at 18:14.
Old 12-30-12, 11:36

I am fine with Mods posting and involving themselves in discussions. Red Flanders is a fine example of a mod who involves himself sometimes in discussion but does not let it generally take away from his ability to make reasonably fair judgements.

But moderators should be examples to other posters about how to conduct themselves and should focus on contributing in positive ways to the discussion to ensure it maintains a suitable trajectory. Currently there are some mods who are not conducting themselves in such a fashion.
Old 12-30-12, 11:54
Banned

I agree with that. I think there are some excellent mods here, but I think there are also some who add to the rancidity by posting comments the like of which, were they posted by somebody on the other side of the fence, would be dismissed as 'trolling', sometimes accompanied by swaggering threats.

This is why it is far better that people who wish to be moderators, abstain from taking sides in the discussions in which they are moderating. They cannot be impartial, and here some of them very clearly are not.
Old 12-30-12, 12:15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
I agree with that. I think there are some excellent mods here, but I think there are also some who add to the rancidity by posting comments the like of which, were they posted by somebody on the other side of the fence, would be dismissed as 'trolling', sometimes accompanied by swaggering threats.

This is why it is far better that people who wish to be moderators, abstain from taking sides in the discussions in which they are moderating. They cannot be impartial, and here some of them very clearly are not.
To be fair, I have only had problems with two mods. And one of those, Susan, was perfectly civil, and in the cold light of day, perfectly within her rights, to act as she did - I have no quarrel with her.
Old 12-30-12, 12:31
Banned

Susan doesn't take part in contentious threads. This is how moderating should be.