Caffiene Withdrawal - Page 2 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Form & Fitness > General

Old 12-28-12, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathon marke View Post
This post must be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
No more/less than ridiculous than suffering needlessly .

Imagining creates reality. Yes. Read it twice. There is not one thing of this world that was not imagined first. Think about it. We can do nothing without imagining it first..... so How we imagination .... is everything ! So to dismiss imagination as "just" imagination is like saying I "just" exist. Imagination is the spark of all life .... without it there is nothing .... and none of "this" would exist.

Dare to think outside the box of fear and doubt .. or not . Imagine the feeling of drinking coffee for the joy it ... and no suffering . Joy does not come at costs ... unless we imagine a "price to pay". The "mainstream" fills our imagination with all these conflicting thoughts .... Coffee is good .. no .. it's bad. It casues this ... no it prevents that. Really ? Decide for yourself. Challenging ? Yes. Challenge your beleifs that you buy into. WTF am I here for .... A Good Challenge !

BTW .. Imagining and athletic performance .... read up on the training methods of one Jim Thorpe. How would spend hours working out ..... on his hammock.... imaging his movements

Last edited by lostintime; 12-28-12 at 13:58.
Old 12-28-12, 20:34

You should tell babies born of heroin addicts that what they are going through is all in their head. I am sure if the wee bubs believed a little harder they wouldn't suffer the effects of this obviously imagined state.
Old 12-29-12, 12:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintime View Post
No more/less than ridiculous than suffering needlessly .

Imagining creates reality. Yes. Read it twice. There is not one thing of this world that was not imagined first. Think about it. We can do nothing without imagining it first..... so How we imagination .... is everything ! So to dismiss imagination as "just" imagination is like saying I "just" exist. Imagination is the spark of all life .... without it there is nothing .... and none of "this" would exist.

Dare to think outside the box of fear and doubt .. or not . Imagine the feeling of drinking coffee for the joy it ... and no suffering . Joy does not come at costs ... unless we imagine a "price to pay". The "mainstream" fills our imagination with all these conflicting thoughts .... Coffee is good .. no .. it's bad. It casues this ... no it prevents that. Really ? Decide for yourself. Challenging ? Yes. Challenge your beleifs that you buy into. WTF am I here for .... A Good Challenge !

BTW .. Imagining and athletic performance .... read up on the training methods of one Jim Thorpe. How would spend hours working out ..... on his hammock.... imaging his movements

You've been imagining smoking weed, haven't you

Old 12-29-12, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
You should tell babies born of heroin addicts that what they are going through is all in their head. I am sure if the wee bubs believed a little harder they wouldn't suffer the effects of this obviously imagined state.
It's forever enlightening when one brings up the most horrible thing they can imagine ... as if to say ... "if there is rationale to this world ... why do such things exist?" . And use it as a defense to deflect their own discomfort of their sense of helplessness. So what answer could I offer for you to drop your defence of your own sense of helplessness ? Well, that's just it .... "our own sense of helplessness"..... is reflected back to us in infinite ways. Hence ... we wiil see and experience the horrors of the world we believe it to be. So I blame no one ... no-thing . Any finger I point I point within. Any defense I offer ... I hide from myself.

Imagination is not simply "in your head" ... it is your soul ... your heart. This world of illusion , drama and action blinds us to embracing these. Saying it's "just imagination" is the same as discounting your very self to the core . . . . which is what the "horrors of the world" serve their purpose as ...... to awaken ourselves ... to ourselves so we may assist others awaken to themselves.

Believe me ... beleive me not .... it's okay. I have lived "hell" ... as we all live have and do. "Hell" is not some silly place of comdemnation ..... it is a "state of self doubt" . Where you beleive yourself to be at the mercy of powers as all outside of yourself. We have the power ... the power to choose .. to imagine a better life ... imagine the feelings of a better world for ourselves and all around us. Imagine a world we are not slaves to any-one and any-thing. Everything is possible .... and the only reason it seems like that is false ... is we persist in imagine the feeling of a life where it is not. To imagine the feeling of a better life ... what does it cost ? It's free.... you can do it any time.. and it pays forward tenfold. How do we invest our time ? Watching TV to buy things you don't even want ? What are we investing in for ourselves ?

Cheers
Old 12-29-12, 17:44
Banned

Care to define what you understand as being your 'soul'?
Old 12-30-12, 13:26

Default Get monkey off back.

One thing that can help end caffeine addiction, even cold turkey, is using Excedrin or other pain relievers (including generic) which has caffeine. The goal is to use it to ward off headaches. I've used it for a day or 2 and it helped.

Don't substitute tea that has caffeine. Tea often has more caffeine than coffee.

I believe espresso has less caffeine than coffee. I'm back to drinking espresso and when I drink coffee it can give Me the jitters more easily.

-0-

You know what caffeine is good for? Caffeine withdrawal...
Old 12-30-12, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Care to define what you understand as being your 'soul'?
Joachim, I find your question wonderfully profound.

So I ask myself ... what is my "soul" ? My "soul" ..... paradoxically ... is my imagination. .. and what is my imagination .... but a perspective reflection of the totality of "all that is". There is no limit to the imagination !!!! Anything that can be imagined .. IS .. on some level. I may or may not fully understand it .... but it exists. Why, because I exist.... and as I exist .... it must exist becasue for me to be aware of anything means some-one is in relation to some-thing.

Whatever I declare "I AM" this or that as ..... that becomes the perspective I pereive the world from. This is a Universal Law of "you get back what you put out". IT's called "a law" ... not in the silly arbritatrary sense .... but in that it cannot be "deceived". It's inescapable. You could call it ... the Law of The Mirror..... and life is that mirror... always refelcting the movements we put into it. No matter how you move.. the image of the mirror moves. No matter how we think(conscious and unconscious) .... the mirror of life reflects that thinking.

Yes .. I understand all of this may seem "unrelated" to this question of caffeine and cycling. Yet ... this is life. RIght here and now. Cycing is life , just like every moment is. I'm all for living a better life . I cannot change my circumstances of my life without me changing my images of myself living it first. (the mirror). Every moment can be used to imagine a better feeling life. Just imagine the feeling of "no headaches" .... of being the cyclist and person in any way I'd like to be. That's all I expressing here ....
Old 12-30-12, 14:39
Banned

Can I hire you for dinner parties?

I have some friends who sometimes overstay their welcome

Last edited by Joachim; 12-30-12 at 14:44.
Old 12-30-12, 15:24

Hahahaaha !!!! Excellent Joachim

This is but an hors d'oeuvre to the buffet

Some find it delightful .... others undigestable

IS-ness IS

choosing from the menu of all-that-IS and getting to taste what you ordered
Old 01-15-13, 04:04

Default it's good for you

I don't wanna be 'that' guy, the guy who finds out in 20 years that 3 cups a day of coffee is good for us, and he denied himself 20 years of pleasure.
http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles...ers-heart.htm:)
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...-like/265693/:)
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...w-health-food:)