Moderators - Page 303 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3021  
Old 12-30-12, 16:19
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Why not?
The thread was a trolling thread, that's why it was rightly closed (perhaps it could have been merged elsewhere, but..)

If anything I would say the mods have let things get out of hand,
I haven't looked at the forum much over the last month as its become a troll festival. It has become a prolonged trolling exchange between TheHog and Sky fans.
It's quite revealing that you assume that anybody that puts a view counter to those of 'thehog' and his little friends is a 'Sky fan'.
Reply With Quote
  #3022  
Old 12-30-12, 16:23
martinvickers martinvickers is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Why not?
The thread was a trolling thread, that's why it was rightly closed (perhaps it could have been merged elsewhere, but..)
1. If it was a matter of merely closing the thread, I would have been unlikely to object.

2. To say it was a 'trolling' thread was highly debatable - I'm sorry, but merely noting that legitimate news might set off people is emphatically not the same as inviting it - the basis of trolling.

3. At worst, the thread was off-topic, and a simple move or closure would have sufficed.

That did not happen. For reasons I have alluded to, but will not, pending resolution, hash out in detail.

You are not privy to the private messages that followed the closing, and I don't intend to release them at this stage, but suffice to say, the tone did not improve. At all. My formal compliant began only after those.

It was following that complaint, that the rather peculiar and unneccesary baiting from the same mod began on this thread, requiring yet another request that he desist from contact with me until the matter is properly resolved.

For an admin/mod to behave like that, repeatedly, and while a formal complaint was in progress, was bizzare, bordering on harrassment. And unacceptable.

Given our previous limited interaction, and one rather odd outburst on this forum, it appears clear my concerns on motive have substance. I too would be interested in knowing how long the mod in question has been an 'admin'.

I will await resolution.

Last edited by martinvickers; 12-30-12 at 16:27.
Reply With Quote
  #3023  
Old 12-30-12, 16:33
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
It's quite revealing that you assume that anybody that puts a view counter to those of 'thehog' and his little friends is a 'Sky fan'.
What's revealing is that you got that out of what I said - I was not being subtle, here it is again for you:
"It has become a prolonged trolling exchange between TheHog and Sky fans."
Reply With Quote
  #3024  
Old 12-30-12, 16:40
Joachim Joachim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Sorry, you'll have to explain.
Reply With Quote
  #3025  
Old 12-30-12, 16:45
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
1. If it was a matter of merely closing the thread, I would have been unlikely to object.

2. To say it was a 'trolling' thread was highly debatable - I'm sorry, but merely noting that legitimate news might set off people is emphatically not the same as inviting it - the basis of trolling.
"Highly debatable"?
You should start with flat out denial.
Nor were you "merely" noting the news - you started it in The Clinic and commented on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
3. At worst, the thread was off-topic, and a simple move or closure would have sufficed.

That did not happen. For reasons I have alluded to, but will not, pending resolution, hash out in detail.

You are not privy to the private messages that followed the closing, and I don't intend to release them at this stage, but suffice to say, the tone did not improve. At all. My formal compliant began only after those.

It was following that complaint, that the rather peculiar and unneccesary baiting from the same mod began on this thread, requiring yet another request that he desist from contact with me until the matter is properly resolved.

For an admin/mod to behave like that, repeatedly, and while a formal complaint was in progress, was bizzare, bordering on harrassment. And unacceptable.

Given our previous limited interaction, and one rather odd outburst on this forum, it appears clear my concerns on motive have substance. I too would be interested in knowing how long the mod in question has been an 'admin'.

I will await resolution.
So, you want the mod to desist from comment (which you call baiting) but you are happy to continue to post and suggest that more was said through private mail?

Last edited by Dr. Maserati; 12-30-12 at 16:49.
Reply With Quote
  #3026  
Old 12-30-12, 16:45
martinvickers martinvickers is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
I was not addressing your issue, nor am I involved with your complaint.

Susan

You did, however, take it upon yourself to edit that mod's post long after the thread was closed.

Since it was relatively unlikely I would read it, what motivation was there for the edit, if not to try to make the mod look better? And is that not basically dishonest?

And you were involved in that, because you did the edit.
Reply With Quote
  #3027  
Old 12-30-12, 16:46
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
Perhaps because there is, or should be, satisfaction in properly facilitating free and fair exchange, even if you don't partake in it.

Or to put in another way, 'nemo debet esse iudex in propria causa'

No one can be a judge in their own cause.
To be fair to you, u did try to start a funny thread, especially given the time u posted it - after midnight.

Perhaps Parullo has another sense of humour.

Get over it.

I got sanctioned, maybe for the right reasons, maybe not, but don't ***** about it. Let's talk Sky man!

Come on Vickers.
Reply With Quote
  #3028  
Old 12-30-12, 16:52
martinvickers martinvickers is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
"Highly debatable"?
You should start with flat out denial.
I'll start how i like, and without your help, thanks very much.

EDIT: My honest apologies, DR, that was sharper than i intended. I only leave it up out of desire to be honest. That was snide of me. Again, sorry.

Quote:
Nor we're "merely" noting the news - you started it in The Clinic and commented on it.
Mellow has already answered that 'charge' perfectly well above. And the limit of my 'comment' was to note that it was likely to be the subject of contention - was i wrong? did I join in that contention? No, on both counts.


Quote:
So, you want the mod to desist from comment (which you call baiting) but you are happy to continue to post and suggest that more was said through private mail?
I requested the mod to desist from commenting TO ME, or TO MY POSTS, pending resolution of a formal compaint. I actually did it privately first, and he basically refused and began baiting in this thread. Only then did I repeat the request publically. Frankly, given his behaviour, I've been downright civilised about it.

My reply was written to you, not him. And I don't suggest it - i state it outright, because it's fact.

Last edited by martinvickers; 12-30-12 at 16:58.
Reply With Quote
  #3029  
Old 12-30-12, 16:55
martinvickers martinvickers is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
To be fair to you, u did try to start a funny thread, especially given the time u posted it - after midnight.

Perhaps Parullo has another sense of humour.

Get over it.

I got sanctioned, maybe for the right reasons, maybe not, but don't ***** about it. Let's talk Sky man!

Come on Vickers.
FGL

I got sanctioned for swearing - deserved it.

I got banned for a 'trolling fest' with The Hog - he didn't - the disparity annoyed me and the mod accepted afterwards I had a very strong point - but I was probably trolling and I took my medicine - I shouldn't have risen to it.

I repeat, if the thread had merely been closed or moved, i wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

But that's not what happened.

I won't accept bullying, harrassment, bias or a mod abusing his powers out of spite. No. Sorry, but No.
Reply With Quote
  #3030  
Old 12-30-12, 17:01
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
I'll start how i like, and without your help, thanks very much.



Mellow has already answered that 'charge' perfectly well above. And the limit of my 'comment' was to note that it was likely to be the subject of contention - was i wrong? did I join in that contention? No, on both

I requested the mod to desist from commenting TO ME, or TO MY POSTS, pending resolution of a formal compaint. I actually did it privately first, and he basically refused and began baiting in this thread. Only then did I repeat the request publically. Frankly, given his behaviour, I've been downright civilised about it.

My reply was written to you, not him. And I don't suggest it - i state it outright, because it's fact.
Mellows comment? Was that the one where you put it in the Clinic because it would get moved there anyway?! That comment.

If so, then that shows you deliberately put it in the wrong section.
And then there's your comments, "couldn't resist" etc.
Your trolling thread was closed for trolling.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.