Moderators - Page 310 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 12-30-12, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Martin: If you continue to accuse me and the other mods of dishonesty, you will be banned.

Susan
From looking at the last few pages and seeing the reply to the original post shortly after it was made I would say a prima facie case exists for making that accusation against Parrulo. He should be the one apologising. Does he get a week ban as well?
Lo Sceriffo - To call him the Fabian Cancellara of his day would be more accurate when Fabian wins yet another Paris-Roubaix, a few more classics, the World Championship road race, a Grand Tour and continues to kick @rse for another five years. - Velominati
Old 12-30-12, 22:16

Martin I had a post deleted once. I happened to make a remark about Durian Rider's girlfriend!! It hurt for a bit but I'm ok now!
Old 12-30-12, 22:37

With all this talk of honesty and ethical behavior, I wonder how some of these forum members be cycling fans.

Glad not to be a mod.
Old 12-30-12, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiephillips View Post
Martin I had a post deleted once. I happened to make a remark about Durian Rider's girlfriend!! It hurt for a bit but I'm ok now!
Ya, that was not right that comment you made about Freelee. You should have got some quiet time on that also.
I got one deleted about Andy Schleck, sand and a private part. I deserved it, was testing the waters. Know where the line is now.
Susan is fair and Parullo does a good job.
Old 12-31-12, 00:48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
1. Are you beyond discussion? Even in the thread CALLED Moderators?
Feel lucky you did not say the the mods are corrupt, are terrorists, have no regard for the rules, load the dice, are fools, do not have a genuine desire to restore discipline to cycling, are full of ****, are clowns, their words are worthless, are liars, are no different than Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, or to make any similar other allegations of that kind.
Old 12-31-12, 11:08

Wow, it's been busy around here.

A couple of observations:
Interesting to see that the two factions debating in the various Sky threads appear on opposite sides of the debate, here.
Maybe that tells us something?

Glad to see that similar "trolling" posts in the Wiggins-Cadence thread have now been removed, although the original reply that started the ball rolling, made by a moderator, remains.

With several of the mods, self confessed Sky detractors, it is inevitable that moderation "inconsistencies" will crop up from time to time. It would happen just the same, were it the other way around.
Indeed, there are a couple of posts here, that directly attack MartinV, not the issue, that have been allowed to stand.
Little wonder that he over stepped the mark and got himself sidelined.

Ignore, count to ten, or grin and bear it, those who enter the Sky arena, in their defence.
Old 12-31-12, 11:21
Banned

I think this thread is instructive.
Old 12-31-12, 11:36

MV there are only several active mods. If people have problems list names, posts, and the most constructive way to get a discussion out of a moderator would be in private. And again if you have a problem with a specific moderator I suggest trying to work it out with them directly or contacting a Future rep.

Last edited by Ferminal; 12-31-12 at 11:52.
Old 12-31-12, 13:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
Wow, it's been busy around here.

A couple of observations:
Interesting to see that the two factions debating in the various Sky threads appear on opposite sides of the debate, here.
Maybe that tells us something?

Glad to see that similar "trolling" posts in the Wiggins-Cadence thread have now been removed, although the original reply that started the ball rolling, made by a moderator, remains.

With several of the mods, self confessed Sky detractors, it is inevitable that moderation "inconsistencies" will crop up from time to time. It would happen just the same, were it the other way around.
Indeed, there are a couple of posts here, that directly attack MartinV, not the issue, that have been allowed to stand.
Little wonder that he over stepped the mark and got himself sidelined.

Ignore, count to ten, or grin and bear it, those who enter the Sky arena, in their defence.
Funny you write that yet you didn't address 'the issue'. Martins thread was closed for trolling, regardless of who the mod was it was the proper action.

It's odd (and harks back to a different time) that some posters view this as some anti-Sky bias, the Sky fans are certainly being played, but its not by the mods.
Old 12-31-12, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
MV there are only several active mods. If people have problems list names, posts, and the most constructive way to get a discussion out of a moderator would be in private. And again if you have a problem with a specific moderator I suggest trying to work it out with them directly or contacting a Future rep.
Did my post come across as having a problem with a specific mod?
If so, let my clarify.

What I am saying is that mods are only human and that therefore, one mods meat may be another mods poison: interpretation will differ.

The ignore, count to 10 etc, was in respect of avoiding baiting of posters in the first instance.
I assume that posts I consider might fall into this category, yet remain, have already been scrutinized.
So, my interpretation differs; end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Funny you write that yet you didn't address 'the issue'. Martins thread was closed for trolling, regardless of who the mod was it was the proper action.

It's odd (and harks back to a different time) that some posters view this as some anti-Sky bias, the Sky fans are certainly being played, but its not by the mods.
I agree, as stated above.

Last edited by Mellow Velo; 12-31-12 at 13:41.