Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 12-31-12, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Pup don't listen to him. Listen to me

Don't pick him. he can score maybe 800-900 if he's really lucky.

As hitch said spread the wealth. pick 2 or 3 for 650-700 points combined and if you dont have enough places left, throw out some other guys
I doubt I will take him, but I just see him as more than a 600-700 points rider. Then again if I was faced with a choice between him and Quintana I would take Quintana any day.

I doubt I will take many guys in the 650-800 bracket as I am taking Gilbert. If I would be to take anyone it would be probably Quintana or one of the young talents TT who starred brightly last year.
Old 12-31-12, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Pup don't listen to him. Listen to me

Don't pick him. he can score maybe 800-900 if he's really lucky.

As hitch said spread the wealth. pick 2 or 3 for 650-700 points combined and if you dont have enough places left, throw out some other guys
...."Pup"?

characters
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 12-31-12, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
...."Pup"?

characters
My take was it was a slightly condescending way of making out that her cycling knowledge and experience is superior to Froome19, whilst still coming across as a friendly poster.
Old 12-31-12, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
...."Pup"?

characters
Froome also known as froomedog or froomedawg

and because he's still rather young and has a cute bulldog puppy avatar on velorooms

He is (froome)pup(py)
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-31-12, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
Bargain. Guaranteed to improve on last year. Big time. My advice is pile in.
I second this. Don't know why the other posters are putting him down. We are talking about a guy who with a broken arm rode mano a mano with Schleck and Evans up Alpe d huez and then the next day smashed the time trial for 4th place.

I also think he'll be particularly effective if you take him with Joaquim Rodriguez. Then youd have both the mini explosive, and tt rouler type gc contenders covered for the Tour, putting you in a very good place to take the overall lead in the post TDF cq update in August
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-31-12, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I second this. Don't know why the other posters are putting him down. We are talking about a guy who with a broken arm rode mano a mano with Schleck and Evans up Alpe d huez and then the next day smashed the time trial for 4th place.

I also think he'll be particularly effective if you take him with Joaquim Rodriguez. Then youd have both the mini explosive, and tt rouler type gc contenders covered for the Tour, putting you in a very good place to take the overall lead in the post TDF cq update in August
hitch
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 12-31-12, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Yep he is.
Edit: Thanks search, didnt see that.
Even worse. Whole year built around the Tour, possibly only doing the one GT, and tougher competition inthat race than the Giro or Vuelta. Serious.
Old 01-01-13, 20:47

Stijn Devolder: one of the most popular picks last year at 145pts: now 1/3 off that price in this year's sale. Even more of an irresistible bargain than last year with his Radioshack relaunch, or has he tried everyone's patience too much by now? (I'm in the latter camp, I think, but if I think too much, I might rethink)

Last edited by Armchair cyclist; 01-02-13 at 12:47. Reason: typo
Old 01-02-13, 05:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair cyclist View Post
Stijn Devolder: one of the most popular picks last year at 145pts: not 1/3 off that price in this year's sale. Even more of an irresistible bargain than last year with his Radioshack relaunch, or has he tried everyone's patience too much by now? (I'm in the latter camp, I think, but if I think too much, I might rethink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post

Evans... though i do not know if i will get him.
Devolder has tried my patience and i will probably not get him, he shall have to ride for Cancellara anyways.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

"No one is dropping Simon Gerrans."
Old 01-02-13, 14:01

I used 1 hr to set up my rookie team of 33 riders

FRA 6
ITA 5
AUS 5
BEL 4
USA 2
ESP 2
GBR 2
VEN 1