Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-01-13, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
But the fact remains, get the enablers too
you missed an important word out.
Old 01-01-13, 12:26

Quote:
Maybe u - and the others - are right and I am wrong. Was just philosofing on New Years Eve with a lot of lagers, not a good idea to be on an internetforum at the same time

But the fact remains, get the enablers.
Fair enough. And yes, get all the enablers...start with Bruyneel. I just wish someone like Lefevere would get busted too.
Old 01-01-13, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
Fair enough. And yes, get all the enablers...start with Bruyneel. I just wish someone like Lefevere would get busted too.
Bruyneel is done, gone and will never be forgotten for maybe the best logistics in doping. Lefevre has been doping his riders with EPO since 1991 and still is in function with buddy buddy Yvan van Mol.

Now, for something completely different: why are'nt doctors' licences revoked when they are proven to have been doping sporters? Does the oath of Hippocrates - you dont have to be a linguistic wonder to refrain Hippocrates to hypocrite - mean nothing?
Old 01-01-13, 14:17
Banned

Quote:
Bruyneel is done, gone and will never be forgotten for maybe the best logistics in doping. Lefevre has been doping his riders with EPO since 1991 and still is in function with buddy buddy Yvan van Mol.

Now, for something completely different: why are'nt doctors' licences revoked when they are proven to have been doping sporters? Does the oath of Hippocrates - you dont have to be a linguistic wonder to refrain Hippocrates to hypocrite - mean nothing?
The UCI had it chance with Ferrari. USADA bans him for life and all McQuaid can say "he's not a license holder".

Pat is scared or Ferrari. Or more to the point scared of what might happen if he took Ferrari out of circulation.
Old 01-01-13, 14:35

Quote:

Because at that point you start dealing with a state issue, not a sporting one. That won't fly.
Old 01-01-13, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
Because at that point you start dealing with a state issue, not a sporting one. That won't fly.
I can't help wondering how hard it would be for the UCI to require any personnel employed to be accredited. You can't just wander into the TdF village or caravan without it, how is the sport any different. That way a dodgy doc, ds or any other support person could then be excluded easily. Not rocket science.
Old 01-01-13, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimobici View Post
I can't help wondering how hard it would be for the UCI to require any personnel employed to be accredited. You can't just wander into the TdF village or caravan without it, how is the sport any different. That way a dodgy doc, ds or any other support person could then be excluded easily. Not rocket science.
Of course I agree with this, but that is not what FGL was saying.

He is stating if a doctor gets busted for doping in sport, his license that enables him to practice in the general public be revoked. This opens up a whole can of worms....it's just more unrealistic clinic babble.
Old 01-01-13, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimobici View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
Of course I agree with this, but that is not what FGL was saying.

He is stating if a doctor gets busted for doping in sport, his license that enables him to practice in the general public be revoked. This opens up a whole can of worms....it's just more unrealistic clinic babble.
UCI could work with certifications.
Certify the reliable docs and take certifications away if a doc is caught doping riders. This would be more of a symbolic act, and won't prevent the doc from practicing of course.
Old 01-01-13, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Certify the reliable docs and take certifications away if a doc is caught doping riders. This would be more of a symbolic act, and won't prevent the doc from practicing of course.
Isn't this already happening? Last time I checked Ferrari for example has been banned, and riders are being suspended for using him after that fact.
Old 01-01-13, 15:22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Correct. They introduce such a program for DS's last year.