Sky - Page 1121 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-02-13, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
all this 4th place does is explain why Vaughters so adamantly defends Wiggins/Sky.
To add, if I am not mistaken, wasn't Wiggins training in '09 being overseen by British Cycling and not Garmin. I believe JV brought this up. Curious.
Old 01-02-13, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
To add, if I am not mistaken, wasn't Wiggins training in '09 being overseen by British Cycling and not Garmin. I believe JV brought this up. Curious.
He mentioned that he didn't work much with Wiggins beyond seeing his test results (that's performance tests) and telling him he could become a GT rider.
Old 01-02-13, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
The fact he was right about Armstrong doesn't mean he'll be right about everything in the entire world from now on.

The "evidence" he comes up with is scarce at best. Mind you, I'm not a Wiggo apologist, but this is just seeking headlines. The only thing he has going for him is the Geert Leinders story. Maybe mr. Kimmage can explain why Wiggo already got 4th in the Tour on Garmin then.
Maybe you can explain how someone who was 30 minutes behind on mountain stages in the doped 2006 tour and 30 minutes behind on mountain stages on the doped 2007 Tour ends up climbing with the best of them in the 2009 Tour where positions 1 3 5 and 6 have all since been caught doping.

Also the Lienders story is actually a pretty big fish considering a team which claims to be 100% honest and transparent refuses to answer any questions about him.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 01-02-13 at 14:53.
Old 01-02-13, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
May I propose a Millar/JV masterclass?
Even if Sky are clean, what Millar says there reveals either extreme stupidity or willingness to keep doping under the carpet.

Whether he wants a team to be clean or not, how does he spin scepticism of a team that dominated a race with such a history of doping, as "questions about their zero tolerance policy".

Its not like their zero tolerance policy was exactly a success to start with. Someone who's been through what Millar has and seen what Millar has, should know Bailsford isnt exactly being honest with some of the crap he comes out with.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-02-13, 15:03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Actually would be a PR coup for sky to embed Kimmage for the Tour. I don't buy the dislike people have for him; he was railing about doping and Armstrong when it was very bad for him career wise and personally, so I don't think it's self interest. I do hope he isn't right, as I'm sure, does he.
Eh? He made his name off the back of Armstrong.

He is an abrasive person, not what you want around you when you have the stress of trying to win the tour. If you consider that Wiggins was in yellow for 2 weeks, meaning that he was having to wait for the podium and sit in the press tent after every stage, when his opponents were already back in the hotel.

Why on earth would he want to promise more time to yet another journalist, plus have the guy in his face when he's trying to eat his breakfast.

If I had been in Wiggins place, I'd have done the same.

It's no wonder Kimmage is ****ed. His career is badly flagging and this could have been a lifeline.

Last edited by Joachim; 01-02-13 at 16:24.
Old 01-02-13, 15:05

Basically, it's a re-hash of the exact same stuff from a few weeks ago, qualified for legal reasons with a big, "I don't know".
Sounds to me as if he's:
a) Challenging Sky to give him some of the power data/ascent times (i.e. do his work for him) and Wiggins/Froome's Tour blood values.
b) Still miffed at not getting his VIP seat on the Sky Tour bus.
c) Still looking for a job.
Old 01-02-13, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Eh? He [i]made[i/] his name off the back of Armstrong.

He is an abrasive person, not what you want around you when you have the stress of trying to win the tour. If you consider that Wiggins was in yellow for 2 weeks, meaning that he was having to wait for the podium and sit in the press tent after every stage, when his opponents were already back in the hotel.

Why on earth would he want to promise more time to yet another journalist, plus have the guy in his face when he's trying to eat his breakfast.

It's no wonder Kimmage is ****ed. His career is badly flagging and this could have been a lifeline.
all you are saying (and you're right) is that the dopers are still on the winning side, and the anti-dopers on the losing side.
kimmage can stand on his head, it won't stop wiggins from doping.
wiggins can continue to insult our intelligence (well at least mine, not so much yours apparently), and nobody but kimmage, lemond, ashenden and a few clinicians will care about it.
Old 01-02-13, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Eh? He [i]made[i/] his name off the back of Armstrong.

No he made his back off writing "Rough Ride" an account of his own experiences and doping.

He also wrote on several other sports not just cycling.

He won awards for his books on Rugby and Football.

You don't know a lot do you?
Old 01-02-13, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
No he made his back off writing "Rough Ride" an account of his own experiences and doping.

He also wrote on several other sports not just cycling.

He won awards for his books on Rugby and Football.

You don't know a lot do you?
In fact Kimmage has never written a book on Armstrong. Or that many articles.

I think someone has him confused with David Walsh

Besides Kimmage has a 100% record on picking out the "doping" teams.
Old 01-02-13, 15:36

Quote:
“I’m tested by the UCI God knows how many times a year, God knows how many times on this race and the Dauphiné, blood tested every morning… What more can I do ? I don’t know really ? I’d love to know.”
Dare we say, as many as 500 times.
He should have prefaced that with"stop me if you think you have heard this one before".

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.