Sky - Page 1122 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-02-13, 15:46

What could Wiggo do to help prove his innicence.Obviously he wouldn't hand over all his data to someone like Kimmage.What he could do his hand over his data to a respected doping scientist for analysis.Not a celebrity scientist like Ashenden, but someone who doesn't seek the limelight and is only well known within his field.
Old 01-02-13, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Dare we say, as many as 500 times.
He should have prefaced that with"stop me if you think you have heard this one before".
The Armstrong playbook now has dog eyes its been used so much.

Even Kimmage is in for a beating!

He's just a jobless former hack journo trying to salvage a career!
Old 01-02-13, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
What could Wiggo do to help prove his innicence.Obviously he wouldn't hand over all his data to someone like Kimmage.What he could do his hand over his data to a respected doping scientist for analysis.Not a celebrity scientist like Ashenden, but someone who doesn't seek the limelight and is only well known within his field.
Wiggins says you should just make it public;

Quote:
ďI think they should make these things public,Ē he said.

ďThe whole blood passport should be on [the] internet, every rider in the peloton. I donít see why it shouldnít be. Itís got to that stage now where if thereís nothing to hide why arenít they up there? You can pull up in any walk of life, company accounts, peopleís tax and thatís public knowledge, so I donít see why the blood passport shouldnít be public knowledge. It will silence people or challenge certain things but I donít see what harm it would do. It would give you credibility in the publicís eyes Ö but I donít think everyone would agree to it, maybe for moral reasons or people thinking that it might be an invasion of privacy.Ē
Old 01-02-13, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
The facts are Wiggin's has written some stuff about Kimmage in his book, which does indicate a tension between them, whether Wiggin's is write or wrong he makes the accusation that Kimmage tried to put words in Wiggan's mouth, not good Journalistic practice if true. If that is flaming then so be it.
fact is:
phat and hein accuse kimmage. lance accused kimmage.
you accuse kimmage if you have something to hide, not if you're clean and want your competitors to be clean.

if I were a clean wiggins, I'd support kimmage in all possible ways, as it would increase the chances of having clean competitors to race against, and would thus increase clean-wiggo's winning chances.

now how hard is it for you to follow this logic?
Old 01-02-13, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan View Post
What would be credible is intelligent, independent testing and evidence that noone is too big to fail.
Precisely Exactly what is required to pacify and convince us old cynics.
Old 01-02-13, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyninefourteen View Post
Ever heard of a guy named Fuentes?
I am trying to work out why it is relevent in respect to Wiggins or Sky though, in another thread on another team/riders ...........
Old 01-02-13, 16:54

let's talk dan hunt.

new sky ds.

took him just 2.5 years and alot of 'enthusiasm' to turn donkeys into race horses:
Quote:
In 2005 Dan was contacted by the Great Britain Cycling Team to transform the then failing Women’s Endurance Team. Through Dan’s enthusiasm, leadership, vision, and shared British Cycling values and philosophies, he led the transformation of a failing programme into one that produced 4 Olympic Medals in just two and a half years. http://www.triathlonireland.com/asse...0Biography.pdf
Old 01-02-13, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
let's talk dan hunt.

new sky ds.

took him just 2.5 years and alot of 'enthusiasm' to turn donkeys into race horses:
I am going to prove a point here. I am unfamiliar with Dan Hunt. Could someone be so kind as to enlighten the discussion with some background info about Mr Hunt and his employment within cycling and Sky?
Old 01-02-13, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Can't possibly imagine why jobless Kimmage would be looking for something to get his name in the headlines.

Just sayin'
That's plagiarism. Page 17 of the Armstrong/Bruyneel/Stapleton handbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
So what Kimmage is saying is that preparing and working as a team is evidence of doping, while not having teamwork (such as left on your ow at the airport) is not.

Oh, and dont go to tenerife, I guess by Kimmage logic anyone who goes to Amsterdam visits a brothel
Kimmage logic says that a handful of men from one team cannot control/destroy the entire peloton for three weeks. The Wiggins/Froome transformations, Michael Freiburg's resurgence/dominance, the dodgy doc, the quick dismissals/transfers of people who might raise too many eyebrows once the goal was achieved, Tenerife, it would be illogical not to see a comparison to USPS.
Old 01-02-13, 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
Kimmage is of course dead right on Sky, we only need the smoking gun. It will come, it always comes.

I have a feeling Sky will underperform this season- not because of lack of talent-but to disipate a bit what the public & now the critics have already perceived on what's behind their success. They might play their cards on small races-but I doubt they'll risk another suspicions build up, following the LA case.....