The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 21 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-02-13, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_mountain View Post
CQranking will change some of their points scoring for 2013

- In 2013 we optimized the CQ point scales by making the speed of decrease more equal for all stage races. The same thing happened for all one-day races. While doing this, we changed the total amount of points for each category as little as possible. We still didn't look for mathematical perfection, because we wanted to keep some recognizable, well-known numbers.

- We split up the category 2.WT in 2.WT1 (Paris-Nice, Tirreno-Adriatico, Vuelta al Pais Vasco, Dauphiné, Tour de Suisse) and 2.WT2 (the other WT-stage races).

- More riders receive points in categories 2.1, 2.2 and NC3.

- The points in WC U23 are now equal to NC3.
Hmm, have to look at this in more depth but my initial reaction is that this is great, I've always felt a bit weird about riders getting the same for Poland or Beijing as Suisse or Paris-Nice. Might mess up a few of my picks that I had pegged for getting a starting role in some lesser WT races, but probably won't affect much.
Old 01-02-13, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_mountain View Post
CQranking will change some of their points scoring for 2013

- In 2013 we optimized the CQ point scales by making the speed of decrease more equal for all stage races. The same thing happened for all one-day races. While doing this, we changed the total amount of points for each category as little as possible. We still didn't look for mathematical perfection, because we wanted to keep some recognizable, well-known numbers.

- We split up the category 2.WT in 2.WT1 (Paris-Nice, Tirreno-Adriatico, Vuelta al Pais Vasco, Dauphiné, Tour de Suisse) and 2.WT2 (the other WT-stage races).

- More riders receive points in categories 2.1, 2.2 and NC3.

- The points in WC U23 are now equal to NC3.
Was unaware of this. Might have to shuffle a few riders
Old 01-02-13, 17:48

I had some fun creating a few different teams - one with just my favourite riders, a serious team, all pro-conti team, all sprinter team, all anglophone team, etc. But I couldn't decide which one to submit, so I've gone for a combination of all of them (which conveniently adds up to exactly 7500 points ).

500-1000: 3
100-500: 5
<100: 22

Regions
Europe: 24
Australasia: 5
South America: 2
North America: 1
Africa: 1

Teams
ProTour: 20
Pro-Conti: 9
Continental: 4

It might not be the most competitive team, but it will keep me interested for the whole year.
Old 01-02-13, 17:53

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

I hope I can at least do better than last year and perhaps even get back up to the top 10 or 20. Last year I had 11 riders that failed to improve on their cost and a couple more that just barely made a profit. Hopefully I'll have fewer of that this year but who knows.

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” - Max Planck
Old 01-02-13, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
Unfortunately for a few teams, the newest update from cqranking.com includes several points adjustments, mainly due to Rasmussen's results being stripped away.

This means that quite a few teams are now above the 7500 limit and these will have to PM me with their changes. If I don't hear anything before the deadline, I will just remove the cheapest possible rider to get the team in question under 7500 points.

The teams are:

Afrank: 7504
AntonioRossi: 7513
Blues in the bottle: 7502
cineteq: 7505
coinneach: 7508
CraZyCaLL: 7503
GP Blanco: 7507
Handbrake: 7508
Mellow Velo: 7506
Object: 7501
Pentacycle: 7507
Phoenix118: 7505
The Amateur: 7506
Total Package: 7502
vladimir: 7501
will10: 7501
Zam_Olyas: 7505
Wow, that's annoying

PM inbound Hugo.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-02-13, 19:45

Just PM'ed Hugo my updated team.
Limited myself to just one adjustment, and left out the last rider to make the final cut. It turned out that my probably most obscure rider had gained four points at the final update to push me one point over the limit.Was a bit tempted to leave him out, but since I had great joy of following the likes of Kuznetsov this year, I decided to keep all my more obscure riders
Old 01-02-13, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
Wow, that's annoying

PM inbound Hugo.
Just read this.

Took ages getting my crap team below 7500, only for somebody to get a Rasmussen raise.
Nobody's fault, but some will get stung even before we start.

I think it would be a good idea to set the points deadline a week or so ahead of the actual deadline, to avoid hassle for both competitors and organizer.
Old 01-02-13, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
I think it would be a good idea to set the points deadline a week or so ahead of the actual deadline, to avoid hassle for both competitors and organizer.
Like having the final rankings published on 31 Dec, and entries not closing until 5 Jan you mean?
Old 01-02-13, 23:34

Yeah, it's not too late to make the changes.
Old 01-02-13, 23:53

Not to my benefit (since my current team is 50 points under the limit anyway ) but a pedant might point out that since 2012 was an olympic year, 7500 points will represent a smaller overall ratio to the average score of a wt rider, than it did in 2010 or 2011 or will in 2013, and therefore a more accurate reflection of the previous limits would be something like 7510 points
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.