Sky - Page 1123 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-02-13, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaling squares View Post
That's plagiarism. Page 17 of the Armstrong/Bruyneel/Stapleton handbook.

Kimmage logic says that a handful of men from one team cannot control/destroy the entire peloton for three weeks. The Wiggins/Froome transformations, Michael Freiburg's resurgence/dominance, the dodgy doc, the quick dismissals/transfers of people who might raise too many eyebrows once the goal was achieved, Tenerife, it would be illogical not to see a comparison to USPS.
The only thing that Kimmage say's is relevent is Leinders, but then why not compeare with Rabbobank (less shocj value I guess).

Does the dismissal of Julich really come under the hiding doping category though? And Tenerife (please spare me the bs about this seemingly magical island) it is almost asif Kimmage has spent to much time reading TheHog in the clinic.
Old 01-02-13, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfer07 View Post
I have a feeling Sky will underperform this season- not because of lack of talent-but to disipate a bit what the public & now the critics have already perceived on what's behind their success. They might play their cards on small races-but I doubt they'll risk another suspicions build up, following the LA case.....
If they are clean they won't try to disapate, though with Contador back it will be much tougher anyway
Old 01-02-13, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
...Kimmage is of course dead right on Sky, we only need the smoking gun. It will come, it always comes.
hope you're right.
smoking gun didn't come with indurain, didn't come with sastre.
would not have come for contador if it weren't for a piece of meat.
brailsford is gathering people around him whose specialty it is to stay under the radar. That includes medical science and it includes maximally exploiting the intimidating shadow of sponsor Sky. UCI and ASO are in his pocket. He got rid of a lot of people who jeopardized the undertaking. Dan Hunt, another good move, imo.
Only chance I see is CCN. If the UCI falls, Sky is in trouble.
Wiggins being agitated by Kimmage is a sign on the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky (sponsor) is working behind the scenes to keep Phat in position.

Would be interesting if we could establish (commercial) links or shared interests between members of the 'independent' commission and sponsor Sky...
Old 01-02-13, 17:29

Quote:
I have a feeling Sky will underperform this season- not because of lack of talent-but to disipate a bit what the public & now the critics have already perceived on what's behind their success. They might play their cards on small races-but I doubt they'll risk another suspicions build up, following the LA case.....
have thought of this as well.
Brailsford does look like a decent strategist to me.
At least decent enough to fool Joe Average and the whole of Brittain.

Sky MUST have learned something from the lance files.
Recall for instance the Sky spokesman stressing recently that "no donations or financial payments of any kind have been made to any institution involved in cycling". He wasn't asked about this, nota bene.

Last edited by sniper; 01-02-13 at 17:36.
Old 01-02-13, 17:44
Administrator

I am clsoing this thread while I clean it out. Deletions ae being made and warnings will be given, if not suspensions.

Do not take the debate to another thread. Everybody cool off and calm down.

Susan
Old 01-02-13, 17:58
Administrator

Re-opening this thread. Suspensions and warnings have been handed out.

Respect the forum rules or face the consequences.

Susan
Old 01-02-13, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Would be interesting if we could establish (commercial) links or shared interests between members of the 'independent' commission and sponsor Sky...
Are you talking of the bio - pass panel?

Here we go:
http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/04/new...d-in-lausanne/

lol
Old 01-02-13, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
Basically, it's a re-hash of the exact same stuff from a few weeks ago, qualified for legal reasons with a big, "I don't know".
Sounds to me as if he's:
a) Challenging Sky to give him some of the power data/ascent times (i.e. do his work for him) and Wiggins/Froome's Tour blood values.
b) Still miffed at not getting his VIP seat on the Sky Tour bus.
c) Still looking for a job.
Do you have a problem with Kimmage or do you prefer the 'idea' of a clean Sky to remain intact and not investigated in depth?

If i was a fan of Sky i would be imploring them to do everything in their power to help prove they are clean and not knocking those, like Kimmage who question Sky.

Sky fans are repeating the mistakes Armstrong's fans made, believing the myth and not questioning the 'dots' that point to doping.
Old 01-02-13, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
let's talk dan hunt.

new sky ds.

took him just 2.5 years and alot of 'enthusiasm' to turn donkeys into race horses:
The donkeys you refer to being Rebecca Romero, Wendy Houvenaghel and current world record holder, Jo Rowsell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Do you have a problem with Kimmage or do you prefer the 'idea' of a clean Sky to remain intact and not investigated in depth?
Has he not said this all before?
Do you not think he's after internal data?
I have no issue, but don't think his method will be productive.

Last edited by Mellow Velo; 01-02-13 at 18:35.
Old 01-02-13, 18:41

Quote:
There win total will go down no matter what with the loss of Cavendish.