Sky - Page 1124 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11231  
Old 01-02-13, 18:46
Benotti69's Avatar
Benotti69 Benotti69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
<snip>


Has he not said this all before?
Do you not think he's after internal data?
I have no issue, but don't think his method will be productive.
He has said this all before but that is hardly his fault if he is asked this by a German publication. CN just copy and paste what they can scrounge around for.

But he doesn't believe Sky's spin and PR, that is obvious. So he will keep asking the qustions about them. Same way Walsh kept asking about Armstrong.

Cycling did not become clean in 2006, nor since and people who believe that really are kidding themselves. La Vuelta in 2012 showed that, I say that TdF 2012 was not clean either, katusha not getting a WT license with J-Rod up there all year tells us that too, Boonen's amazing spring, Gilberts amazing 2011 with the same Doc as Boonen. All these things point to cycling not being clean at the podium end.
__________________
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78
Reply With Quote
  #11232  
Old 01-02-13, 18:48
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
There win total will go down no matter what with the loss of Cavendish.
So next year we will see a train of 8 in front of Wiggo? Let's go total POSTAL...
Quote:
Sky fans are repeating the mistakes Armstrong's fans made, believing the myth and not questioning the 'dots' that point to doping.
But they are tested 300 times a year, what else can they do?



Same old sh@t. Different shirts. And, the same groupies of course.
Reply With Quote
  #11233  
Old 01-02-13, 19:41
Libertine Seguros's Avatar
Libertine Seguros Libertine Seguros is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Land of Saz
Posts: 13,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
The only thing that Kimmage say's is relevent is Leinders, but then why not compeare with Rabbobank (less shocj value I guess).

Does the dismissal of Julich really come under the hiding doping category though? And Tenerife (please spare me the bs about this seemingly magical island) it is almost asif Kimmage has spent to much time reading TheHog in the clinic.
Because he's comparing the riding style. How many GTs did Rabobank destroy with four or five people on the front of every stage for two weeks? Maybe parts of the 2007 Tour before Rasmussen was kicked out, and maybe the 2007 Vuelta at a push. Sky rode the race like Banesto or USPS. The Banesto reference is a much longer time ago and also less familiar to the target audience, either Anglophone or German (many fans were turned on to the sport in Germany thanks to Ulle, and even if they remember the early days of Telekom, the endless heartbreak for Jan at Armstrong's hands will be fresh in the memory), and what's more, Sky had been asking for comparisons to USPS earlier in the season, dropping hints that this was the style they were looking for. And they got comparisons to USPS... not just in the way they wanted them. There are real positives and negatives to be taken from the USPS comparison; Sky were asking for the positive ones and ill-equipped for dealing with being given the negative ones.
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrFiUlhAPes

Forever tte de la course.
Reply With Quote
  #11234  
Old 01-02-13, 20:04
badboygolf16v's Avatar
badboygolf16v badboygolf16v is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
What could Wiggo do to help prove his innicence.Obviously he wouldn't hand over all his data to someone like Kimmage.What he could do his hand over his data to a respected doping scientist for analysis.Not a celebrity scientist like Ashenden, but someone who doesn't seek the limelight and is only well known within his field.
Celebrity scientist seeking the limelight?

What planet do you live on.

No ****er knows who Ashenden is only cycling geeks like you and I.
Reply With Quote
  #11235  
Old 01-02-13, 22:26
The Tibetan Hat The Tibetan Hat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfer07 View Post
I have a feeling Sky will underperform this season- not because of lack of talent-but to disipate a bit what the public & now the critics have already perceived on what's behind their success. They might play their cards on small races-but I doubt they'll risk another suspicions build up, following the LA case.....
Yes, they will set out to lose races, that'll be what they do(?). Bet it's ridiculous posts like that which help Wiggo ignore all the sensible things that do get said here.

Shame Kimmage has gone down the road of speculation, really devalues his own stock and gives credence to his enemies. The strength of his journalism was nailing down the facts and evidence nobody else would talk about. With remarks like those in this interview he joins the rabble who talk too much, suspect a lot but don't actually seem to know anything of relevance. Good luck to him finding a job if that his game now.
Reply With Quote
  #11236  
Old 01-02-13, 22:34
Fearless Greg Lemond's Avatar
Fearless Greg Lemond Fearless Greg Lemond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
Celebrity scientist seeking the limelight?
He is not entirely untrue, given the fact the bio pass is a hoax. Dope up to 132 but watch the controls. Just like 1997: stay within the 50% rule.

Ashenden helped setting up that new rule. If I am wrong please feel free to correct.
Reply With Quote
  #11237  
Old 01-02-13, 23:21
badboygolf16v's Avatar
badboygolf16v badboygolf16v is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
He is not entirely untrue, given the fact the bio pass is a hoax. Dope up to 132 but watch the controls. Just like 1997: stay within the 50% rule.

Ashenden helped setting up that new rule. If I am wrong please feel free to correct.
If you're saying Ashenden's intent was to set it up to allow doping, you're wrong. Ashenden resigned from the biopassport panel. Why was that then?

OP was saying that Ashenden's in it for the celebrity.

Bull****.

That's the same argument used by people who called Novitsky and Tygart 'publicity seekers' trying to 'make a name for themselves.'
Reply With Quote
  #11238  
Old 01-02-13, 23:25
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
To add, if I am not mistaken, wasn't Wiggins training in '09 being overseen by British Cycling and not Garmin. I believe JV brought this up. Curious.
Thanks to being asked by yours truly...
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
Reply With Quote
  #11239  
Old 01-02-13, 23:30
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
He mentioned that he didn't work much with Wiggins beyond seeing his test results (that's performance tests) and telling him he could become a GT rider.
This is the ex-doper proven liar / fabricator JV we're talking about here.

Notice how not once in any interview anywhere, does JV mention Wiggins "produce more of your power from aeorbic sources" as being a reason for Wiggins GT potential?

He has only mentioned it here, AFTER Krebs Cycle started talking about MAOD.

If you check the timeline, it looks like JV mentions "aerobic IP blah blahs" on the forum first. But there's a post with a part-quote that proves Krebs mentioned it first, then JV came out with his alleged "Wow Brad, you produce more of your power from aeorbic sources, you could be a good GT rider!!"

But I have problems with this:
1. why would he tell Brad? - he doesn't even mention doing a MAOD test for Brad
2. Why doesn't Brad already know, having been in BC for so many years? Why doesn't BC (and therefore attention to detail Sky) know this already? They do not offer him a contract for 2009!
3. Not even KC or acoggan know if a MAOD has ever been conducted on Brad, let alone what the results are. They simply hypothesize the test, its results and extrapolate from there. JV is no better.

I do not believe JV knows it for a fact at all. I believe he picked up info from Krebs Cycle and stated it as if it was fact.

Does Brad mention JV saying this to him, anywhere, in any of his books?
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 01-02-13 at 23:42.
Reply With Quote
  #11240  
Old 01-02-13, 23:54
sniper sniper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
To add, if I am not mistaken, wasn't Wiggins training in '09 being overseen by British Cycling and not Garmin. I believe JV brought this up. Curious.
c/would mean that Dan Hunt and Wiggo were already collaborating back then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
...
Does Brad mention JV saying this to him, anywhere, in any of his books?
good question.
be interested to learn what role, if any, wiggo ascribes to vaughters in terms of promoting his road carreer.

Last edited by sniper; 01-03-13 at 00:00.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.