For the "pedaling technique doesn't matter crowd" - Page 81 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Form & Fitness > General

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-13, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachFergie View Post

As I said I hate computers, are you expected to pay for this, if so, I don't have a credit card.
Old 01-03-13, 02:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coapman View Post
As I said I hate computers, are you expected to pay for this, if so, I don't have a credit card.
Don't tell us your problems. Ever heard of a book store?

Power Meters like Powercranks don't improve performance one bit. But at least with a Power Meter you can see yourself not improving because of it
Old 01-03-13, 02:47

Quote:
No, when I tried the free sample, it said not available in ireland.
Old 01-03-13, 03:25

Quote:
I understood that to mean online book store. No 'The obree way' there
Old 01-03-13, 03:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by coapman View Post
For one who hates computers you do an awful lot of typing here...
Old 01-03-13, 03:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
For one who hates computers you do an awful lot of typing here...
That's about all I can do on computers.
Old 01-03-13, 04:24
Banned

Quote:
You don't seem to get that this technology to test this has been available for years.

http://axiscranks.com/market-applica...icycle-cranks/

Go knock yourself out. They are not vapourware like Brim Brothers.

Not capable, you were offered the chance to travel to test your theory but declined. Stop hiding behind petty excuses.
The technology has been available for years???? Available to whom? From the link
Quote:
is a proof of concept product that demonstrates the abilities of AXIS technology. This product is only sold to research institutes at this stage. although, if you have an application where the AXIS crank can add value to your product, let us know! All bicycle power measuring devices available in todays market measure net power.
Vaporware is a product announced but not available in the marketplace. Axis cranks seem like vaporware to me (unless one is a research institution, which leaves me out). Fergie, do you ever read what you link to? Or, if you read it, it is not clear you understand what you are reading.
Old 01-03-13, 04:38

Quote:
Scott Rake Handlebars. Were illegal within months. So a delusional pedalling technique, no idea of the magnitude and requires an illegal piece of equipment.
Thanks. It kind of puts things in perspective, discussing an imaginary pedalling technique that utilises equipment that is banned. What is the point, Coapman?
Lo Sceriffo - To call him the Fabian Cancellara of his day would be more accurate when Fabian wins yet another Paris-Roubaix, a few more classics, the World Championship road race, a Grand Tour and continues to kick @rse for another five years. - Velominati
Old 01-03-13, 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDay View Post
The technology has been available for years???? Available to whom? From the link
Yup I have force vector studies dating back to the 70s. The link is for a product I first laid my hands on in 2011.

Quote:
Vaporware is a product announced but not available in the marketplace. Axis cranks seem like vaporware to me (unless one is a research institution, which leaves me out). Fergie, do you ever read what you link to? Or, if you read it, it is not clear you understand what you are reading.
I could get a set sent down here in days. Not my problem if you or Noel are not prepared to put your money where your mouths are. Maybe if you marketed on facts and figures rather than delusion and hype you would sell more. Heh, maybe not because both your causes (Gimmickcranks and Short Cranks) have been sunk thanks to the well performed research available.

Power Meters like Powercranks don't improve performance one bit. But at least with a Power Meter you can see yourself not improving because of it
Old 01-03-13, 05:22

Pardon my mostly-off-topic question for CoachFergie - you mentioned being happy about the ban for lycra shoe covers on indoor tracks, that you'd been leery of them as a commissaire (sp?). Could you elaborate on that? Just curiosity on my part.
Closed Thread