Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread - Page 6 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-02-13, 15:51

Hopefully he will be helpful for Alberto in Tour mountain stages...and shine earlier in the Ardennes and Paris - Nice
If he will be in peak form in July he can drill it nice for Alberto before comes to Bertos fireworks
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 01-02-13, 16:00

I still think he's a talented climber. Certainly not as good as Contador, but perhaps on par with Gesink, JVDB2, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 01-02-13, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
I still think he's a talented climber. Certainly not as good as Contador, but perhaps on par with Gesink, JVDB2, etc
+1

10 char.
Old 01-02-13, 17:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
well i don't think he has as much potential as gesink but he should be on par with VDB2.
Old 01-02-13, 20:49

I hope to see more of him in the hilly classics/ races. He was up there with Sagan, Rodriguez and Nibali on the sharp, short finishes of Tirreno and he rode a very good LBL a couple of years ago.
Old 01-02-13, 21:13

Yeah, if he sets Tour as his main aim its going to be carnage, and potentially best domestique performance at the tour in years ( im counting froome as a leader who was forced to work for the domestique, certainly from a mountains point of view).

People will probably underrate Kreuziger a bit now since he failed so bad at the Giro last year.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-02-13, 23:28

His name has been mentioned at the beginning of the last few seasons as a possible GT winner. The fact that he and Roche have decided now to ride as support riders instead of team leaders says it all. Maybe Kreuziger is just being honest about his abilities in grand tours. I don't think he is as good as VDB or Gesink but a few years ago I would not have picked Rodriguez to make two podiums in one season either or Wiggins winning the Tour. I think he will make a very good domestique and could probably target stages in GTs plus some of the classics. There is a lot of pressure on team leaders and Kreuziger and Roche might get some stage results now, with the pressure off.
Old 01-03-13, 02:33

In Vuelta and Giro Roche can be top 10 and Kreuziger top 5.

Seeing you are stagnating it's legit to try a different way. Even they can be better paid as super doms than as leaders. I never understand the rider who are stagnated and didn't change the plan.

Roche stated he wants to work with Bjarne to improve his skills, above all, the time trial to boost his chances at GC.

Kreuziger had the same approach. Also I guess he has special interest in how Alberto being the hot favourite face the competition mentally. Being the mental side one of his weakness.

At the same time being a succesful super dom is prestigious in cycling, more than anonymous top 10.
Old 01-03-13, 03:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
His name has been mentioned at the beginning of the last few seasons as a possible GT winner. The fact that he and Roche have decided now to ride as support riders instead of team leaders says it all. Maybe Kreuziger is just being honest about his abilities in grand tours. I don't think he is as good as VDB or Gesink but a few years ago I would not have picked Rodriguez to make two podiums in one season either or Wiggins winning the Tour. I think he will make a very good domestique and could probably target stages in GTs plus some of the classics. There is a lot of pressure on team leaders and Kreuziger and Roche might get some stage results now, with the pressure off.
Roman to me is just another chapter of very good riders finding success too soon & wrongfully railed into GT ambitions without "consolidating/solidifying" his career first-IOW -he could have kept winning week long races & develop further his palmares prior to dive deep into the GT world. I do believe he could have better results with Riis, by just having small races to go for, & regain that taste of success that has been lacking over the past seasons

Good luck to him
Old 01-03-13, 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Yeah, if he sets Tour as his main aim its going to be carnage, and potentially best domestique performance at the tour in years ( im counting froome as a leader who was forced to work for the domestique, certainly from a mountains point of view).

People will probably underrate Kreuziger a bit now since he failed so bad at the Giro last year.
Good point. Roche, Kreuziger, Zaugg and Sutherland have the potential to completely derail UK Postal for Contador if Riis can carry out his usual team building magic. Looking forward to the GT's this year