Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-02-13, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrow View Post
well, I don't think he will go after overall. I think he will battle with Cavendish and Boonen likes in flat stages and in the finishes that are slightly uphill. I think there are only 2 uphill finishes that are to hard and to long for him to get to them in front. However he might easily win the other 5 stages and make all the people be complaining about how the race is boring, even though they have liked the profile at first. I don't say it will happen surely, but there is high probability of that providing he's already in something like 80 percent of his potential. Nobody will be there in their top form. Just look at the profile of the last ToC and you'll see what I mean.
so Sagan cleaning up in Argentina. Boring? Perhaps, but we may never know if the organizer fails to deliver TV production.
Old 01-03-13, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too
We're posting in a dictatorship.
Old 01-03-13, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
I demand this race to become WT
I demand a "decent broadcasting"-This races is becoming bigger & bigger every year to simply set for a "shambolic" feed

.... and I ain't talking about the TV broadcasting only- those folks in Argentina must learn how to narrate a damn race like my countrymen do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpmzG7l-3Oo

Last edited by hfer07; 01-03-13 at 05:04.
Old 01-03-13, 06:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick View Post
I demand this race to become WT
So we can have FDJ and Argos instead of the local teams that are in shape? Yeah.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-03-13, 07:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
So we can have FDJ and Argos instead of the local teams that are in shape? Yeah.
I don't want Argos and FDJ in San LUIS they have no big climbers in their teams.I want Thibaut Pinot to leave FDJ next year.
Old 01-03-13, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinmarian View Post
I don't want Argos and FDJ in San LUIS they have no big climbers in their teams.I want Thibaut Pinot to leave FDJ next year.
So what ? All best climbers need to be at Skys and Saxobanks of this world.... ?
Old 01-03-13, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
So what ? All best climbers need to be at Skys and Saxobanks of this world.... ?
That would be a disaster. We already have an imbalance. Pinot should definitely stay at FDJ and ride against the players from Saxo-Tinkoff/Sky.
Old 01-03-13, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
so Sagan cleaning up in Argentina. Boring? Perhaps, but we may never know if the organizer fails to deliver TV production.
well, it wouldn't be boring for me even if he won all the stages as I am his fan, however I can understand the complaints about it from the other people that want some excitment in the finish, not just question who will be the second. Of course, if he's in Argentina too, this is not the question either. I would be Haussler
Old 01-03-13, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrow View Post
well, it wouldn't be boring for me even if he won all the stages as I am his fan, however I can understand the complaints about it from the other people that want some excitment in the finish, not just question who will be the second. Of course, if he's in Argentina too, this is not the question either. I would be Haussler
so you see Cav just hanging around at the back on all the stages?
Old 01-03-13, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
so you see Cav just hanging around at the back on all the stages?
He did last time he raced in January.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton