The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping - Page 13 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-02-13, 16:03

Devolder won't perform this year either.
Old 01-02-13, 17:07

Even if Devolder is back to his old form, he'll just barely crack the top-10 without Boonen to hide behind.
On the cycling side of life; our preseason training camp was very productive, good training, some time to get to know the new guys (great group we've got) and take care of many of the off-the-bike requirements of being a professional cyclist; testing new equipment, meeting with new partners and equipment suppliers, throwing oranges at Phil Gilbert, etc..
Old 01-03-13, 11:35

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

Looking through the posts where people have posted what nationalities and/or teams their riders are from I'm a bit surprised that most of them have not picked a certain rider that I think is an obvious choice for this game.

This observation is based on people not having any riders from this riders country or team in their list but of course the people that do have a rider from that country might not have the rider I'm thinking of either. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually picked him when we get all the teams revealed.

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it - Max Planck
Old 01-03-13, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsem94 View Post
Devolder won't perform this year either.
That is not a bold prediction!!!!
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 01-03-13, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
Looking through the posts where people have posted what nationalities and/or teams their riders are from I'm a bit surprised that most of them have not picked a certain rider that I think is an obvious choice for this game.

This observation is based on people not having any riders from this riders country or team in their list but of course the people that do have a rider from that country might not have the rider I'm thinking of either. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually picked him when we get all the teams revealed.
I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and if so I was actually on my way here to name drop and see what people thought as I was surprised he seems to be in very few number of people's teams. I think I will refrain now and wait to see how many people pick him
Old 01-03-13, 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and if so I was actually on my way here to name drop and see what people thought as I was surprised he seems to be in very few number of people's teams. I think I will refrain now and wait to see how many people pick him
?

Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 01-03-13, 22:47

Wonder what people think of Ciolek, not too expensive at 242 for a sprinter of his caliber but riding in an exotic team (which means he'll be the leader now instead of the lead-out man but not that many possible points in the races he can compete in), any idea what his schedule might be ?

Anyway, my first draft is 33 riders at 7923 riders (so I'll need to drop a few riders) and I don't like it half so much as the team I send last year.
Old 01-04-13, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Who is that fellow? I like the cut of his jib. That's just the type of badaass rider I want on my team. ;]
Old 01-04-13, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
?

Ah yeah, he's already in. Thought he was older than I thought, which is why I didn't have him in my original draft.
Old 01-04-13, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansIsTheBest View Post
Wonder what people think of Ciolek, not too expensive at 242 for a sprinter of his caliber but riding in an exotic team (which means he'll be the leader now instead of the lead-out man but not that many possible points in the races he can compete in), any idea what his schedule might be ?

Anyway, my first draft is 33 riders at 7923 riders (so I'll need to drop a few riders) and I don't like it half so much as the team I send last year.
Ciolek is in my team, I switched him in when I found out that I was over the limit with the new update. MTN will get quite some invites I think.