The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping - Page 13 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 01-02-13, 16:03
jsem94's Avatar
jsem94 jsem94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 1,405
Default

Devolder won't perform this year either.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-02-13, 17:07
Panda Claws's Avatar
Panda Claws Panda Claws is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,995
Default

Even if Devolder is back to his old form, he'll just barely crack the top-10 without Boonen to hide behind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadel Evans
On the cycling side of life; our preseason training camp was very productive, good training, some time to get to know the new guys (great group we've got) and take care of many of the off-the-bike requirements of being a professional cyclist; testing new equipment, meeting with new partners and equipment suppliers, throwing oranges at Phil Gilbert, etc..
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 01-03-13, 11:35
ingsve's Avatar
ingsve ingsve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Posts: 3,990
Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve
Default

Looking through the posts where people have posted what nationalities and/or teams their riders are from I'm a bit surprised that most of them have not picked a certain rider that I think is an obvious choice for this game.

This observation is based on people not having any riders from this riders country or team in their list but of course the people that do have a rider from that country might not have the rider I'm thinking of either. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually picked him when we get all the teams revealed.
__________________
ingsve: Winner of the 2011 CQ Ranking Manager Game.

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it - Max Planck
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 01-03-13, 11:47
auscyclefan94's Avatar
auscyclefan94 auscyclefan94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsem94 View Post
Devolder won't perform this year either.
That is not a bold prediction!!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggercuz View Post
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-03-13, 19:21
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
Looking through the posts where people have posted what nationalities and/or teams their riders are from I'm a bit surprised that most of them have not picked a certain rider that I think is an obvious choice for this game.

This observation is based on people not having any riders from this riders country or team in their list but of course the people that do have a rider from that country might not have the rider I'm thinking of either. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually picked him when we get all the teams revealed.
I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and if so I was actually on my way here to name drop and see what people thought as I was surprised he seems to be in very few number of people's teams. I think I will refrain now and wait to see how many people pick him
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-03-13, 19:25
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 12,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and if so I was actually on my way here to name drop and see what people thought as I was surprised he seems to be in very few number of people's teams. I think I will refrain now and wait to see how many people pick him
?

__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-03-13, 22:47
EvansIsTheBest's Avatar
EvansIsTheBest EvansIsTheBest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 321
Default

Wonder what people think of Ciolek, not too expensive at 242 for a sprinter of his caliber but riding in an exotic team (which means he'll be the leader now instead of the lead-out man but not that many possible points in the races he can compete in), any idea what his schedule might be ?

Anyway, my first draft is 33 riders at 7923 riders (so I'll need to drop a few riders) and I don't like it half so much as the team I send last year.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-04-13, 08:50
taiwan's Avatar
taiwan taiwan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Who is that fellow? I like the cut of his jib. That's just the type of badaass rider I want on my team. ;]
__________________
Scientific Expert
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-04-13, 08:55
Tuarts's Avatar
Tuarts Tuarts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upside-down in the sand
Posts: 3,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
?

Ah yeah, he's already in. Thought he was older than I thought, which is why I didn't have him in my original draft.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Porte ~ 21st May 2011
"Don't push me. F*** off."
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-04-13, 08:58
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansIsTheBest View Post
Wonder what people think of Ciolek, not too expensive at 242 for a sprinter of his caliber but riding in an exotic team (which means he'll be the leader now instead of the lead-out man but not that many possible points in the races he can compete in), any idea what his schedule might be ?

Anyway, my first draft is 33 riders at 7923 riders (so I'll need to drop a few riders) and I don't like it half so much as the team I send last year.
Ciolek is in my team, I switched him in when I found out that I was over the limit with the new update. MTN will get quite some invites I think.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.