Sky - Page 1129 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-03-13, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace and Gromit View Post
Obviously, I don't know for sure. Only the athletes concerned do.

However, on the ladies side of the track squad, there are some very young folk involved. Laura Trott is barely out of nappies, with Dani King, Jess Varnish and Becky James not much older. Jo Rowsell is almost a pensioner at the age of 23.

For all of them to be on the sauce given their age and proximity to the families seems unlikely. They just seem too young, with too little opportunity to have gone too far astray, for a team-wide doping strategy to be in place.

Finally, Wendy Houvenhagel was apparently spitting feathers at not getting a ride in the TP qualifiers. I know from bitter personal experience that Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned; would this extend to a scorned woman blowing the whistle on a doping programme? It would appear not so far, if indeed there is one.
Nice OTT post.

Women scorned by lovers may unleash hell and take things to a level that brooks no return but sport is a different matter and why would she burn her bridge to Rio by spilling the beans.
Old 01-03-13, 13:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Why would she burn her bridge to Rio by spilling the beans?
Anger or a desire for revenge? Most murders are solved, as victims and murderers are usually well known to each other or related. Thus, in advance of committing murder, a rational person knows the chances of being caught are very high. Yet people still commit the crime. People do not always act rationally!

Plus, if she was acting rationally, the fees for an exclusive/book blowing the whistle on a Team GB doping programme would be astronomical by the standards of a track cyclist.

Plus, she's not going to be going to Rio; she's 37 now and even Jo Rowsell will be "old" come Rio.
Old 01-03-13, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Nice spin and deflect Mellow... as somewhere in there is the big question.

I am curious what your opinion is of the hiring of Leinders. I have answered your requests for information several times on Rasmussen vs. Rabo, yet you never came back on it.

You honestly believe Dave had no idea who they hired to take care of his biggest assets? Especially when he found it so important after a life and death situation?

Perhaps you know more about Leinders and his infamous experience with tropical diseases and heat strokes.
Not spinning about Leinders; post was about Dan Hunt.
I don't think anybody thinks hiring Geert was anything other than a big mistake.
Old 01-03-13, 13:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
At that young age, if a doctor tells you "here, have some of these vitamins", what are you going to say?
Quote:
Good question. This is hopefully where family influence comes in.
I can assure you that it does; absolutely.
Helps when you know every little step up in performance, every step of the way.
Old 01-03-13, 13:57

Default It is not happeneing. The bus has left!

Quote:
Anger or a desire for revenge? Most murders are solved, as victims and murderers are usually well known to each other or related. Thus, in advance of committing murder, a rational person knows the chances of being caught are very high. Yet people still commit the crime. People do not always act rationally!

Plus, if she was acting rationally, the fees for an exclusive/book blowing the whistle on a Team GB doping programme would be astronomical by the standards of a track cyclist.

Plus, she's not going to be going to Rio; she's 37 now and even Jo Rowsell will be "old" come Rio.
Stop the conspiracy theories (on the women's and peripheral men's side). She may well retire right now but there is no secret story to tell. She had her reputation and 8 years of hard work destroyed by Shane not selecting her and then opening her mouth, without stating the facts to support it. She was slaughtered in the press. If she viewed bridges as burnt then she would not have taken the ride in the TT at the Worlds which did not suit her strengths and who the heck put this garbage in her mouth

'the course is very rolling and there are a couple of quite steep climbs.

'I am good at climbing; in any of the time-trials where there have been hills I've done very well. That shouldn't pose too much of a problem for me.

'I've done my homework and I'm happy that I can do reasonably well.

'The course suits my strengths as a rider and I'll give it everything I've got.'

No Wendy, the course exactly did not suit your strengths and the first 90° bend and cobbles after 400m showed the rest of the watching World that you had been set up like a kipper.

Last edited by Freddythefrog; 01-03-13 at 14:14. Reason: 1st line brackets statement added
Old 01-03-13, 13:57
Administrator

If you want to discuss women doping, please open another thread. It is off topic here.

Susan
Old 01-03-13, 14:10

Quote:

Name one cyclist not caught for doping who came out and ratted out other dopers.

Your argument is full of omerta-ignorance.
Old 01-03-13, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Nice OTT post.

Women scorned by lovers may unleash hell and take things to a level that brooks no return but sport is a different matter and why would she burn her bridge to Rio by spilling the beans.

true story though.
Old 01-03-13, 14:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddythefrog View Post
Stop the conspiracy theories (on the women's and peripheral men's side). She may well retire right now but there is no secret story to tell.
Exactly. My point was that if there was, Wendy H would be quite highly motivated (though not necessarily sufficiently) to spill the beans given the circumstances of her not getting a gold medal. My original reference to the subject did only wonder about scorned women, so I've not been pushing any theories on that front.
Old 01-03-13, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
If you want to discuss women doping, please open another thread. It is off topic here.

Susan
The title is SKY. Sky do not sponsor a women's trade road team despite the GB girls wearing such kit at the World Champs. They do sponsor the GB women track riders, which covers all of those discussed. These riders receive remuneration from Sky and are managed by most staff who receive two salaries. One out of the UK public purse and one courtesy of Rupert.

The GB Road girls receive nothing from Rupert.