Sky - Page 1131 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-03-13, 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Guys like Rodriguez, Contador, Evans, Frandy, etc. make the impression of being on individual programs, comparatively restricted individual programs, due to the threat of being flagged by the passport. Their form is correspondingly unstable. They look like they're 'searching'.
Sky makes the impression of having a team-wide program in place. Arguably they are the only team with the financial means to dope. The medical know-how required to pull off such a scheme shouldn't be underestimated. Sky are ahead of the game. And it's not because of warming down techniques or skin suits.

Ashenden and Kimmage know what time it is. Why don't you guys?
Here are Team Sky's audited expenses for 2011:

There is nothing there that suggests team wide doping.
Old 01-03-13, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Post of the day.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-03-13, 16:29

Quote:

and i bet all the other teams who had doping programs had a subheading for doping expenses
Old 01-03-13, 16:31

Quote:

You are correct. A standard audit would require a separate G/L entry, and a specific line item expense directly resulting from costs related to doping.

If you examine the USPS team financials, you will see exactly the same thing. No line item expense for doping therefore no doping at USPS.
Old 01-03-13, 16:31

Quote:
Guys like Rodriguez, Contador, Evans, Frandy, etc. make the impression of being on individual programs, comparatively restricted individual programs, due to the threat of being flagged by the passport. Their form is correspondingly unstable, peaks alternating with drops in form. They look like they're 'searching'.
Sky makes the impression of having a team-wide program in place. Arguably they are the only team with the financial means to dope at this sophisticated level. Their results are stable. The medical know-how required to pull off such a scheme shouldn't be underestimated. Sky are ahead of the game. And it's not because of warming down techniques or skin suits.

Ashenden and Kimmage know what time it is.
The BC/Sky back up machine is enormous. They can better the best support other teams muster for one or two riders - to every one on their short list for the Tour. Their 6th man is way better looked after than team B's 6th man.

Throw in Mike Rogers and Froome and maybe one or two others, doing their own thing "off piste" with an annoyed but very, blind eye turned, then the Nucleus can be very tiny indeed. Leinders could be there to "help" those outside the nucleus and he could be unaware of what they are doing every bit as much as they don't go looking to see what he was up to. And Sky can hold up their hands and say he was employed for his expertise on dealing with ingrowing toenails. A couple of other wildcard back-room staff can be employed with the same unspoken intent and there is no link back to the Nucleus. Froome just overdid it and then the USADA unraveled a load of the knitting, which they have had to dispose of.

Yates retires on Health grounds.

Sutton is the critical link. His retirement is going to be gold plated.
Old 01-03-13, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
and i bet all the other teams who had doping programs had a subheading for doping expenses
Have team's caught doping ever published there accounts?
Old 01-03-13, 16:32

Quote:

am i missing the irony or the argument? or both?
Old 01-03-13, 16:36

Quote:
am i missing the irony or the argument? or both?
I may of misread your post, been a hell of Christmas for me.
Old 01-03-13, 16:37

Quote:
Have team's caught doping ever published there accounts?
Reminds me of the (Nigerian?) Dragon's Den clip where the entrepreneur has set aside expenses for bribery.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-03-13, 16:38

Quote:

I can also announce that I did not find anything connecting Team Sky to doping at my local primary school even though I looked darned hard.

Can you get me a job with your accounting firm now they have finished Enron's books.

Last edited by Freddythefrog; 01-03-13 at 17:18. Reason: f and k !