The revenge of Rasmussen ... - Page 26 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-03-13, 20:40

if I'm not mistaken, it could be anyone of these four:

moerenhout
van heeswijk
van bon
boven

all four were part of Rabobank in 1998 and 2007.
Old 01-03-13, 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
any idea on who the whistleblower is?
I am quite confident it is Hiemstra, nice ladd. Not overly talented so he shouldn't have been on the program. Too
bad those whistleblowers whon't go public.

Last edited by Fearless Greg Lemond; 01-03-13 at 20:53.
Old 01-03-13, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
I am quite confident it is Hiemstra, nice ladd. Not overly talented so he shouldn't have been on the program. Too
bad those whistleblowers whon't go public.
ok, but according to snackattack this witness is spilling beans on the whereabouts issue from 2007. Could that be hiemstra?
Old 01-03-13, 21:03

Quote:
ok, but according to snackattack this witness is spilling beans on the whereabouts issue from 2007. Could that be hiemstra?
Guess snackattack isn't a native Dutch speaer. The NOS site is citing a case of Boogerd having a hematocrit of 37 while Leinders i assuring it will be all right, with de Rooij sitting next to them.

Textbook stuff, but, when will those guys be nonimous?
Old 01-03-13, 21:17

lovely to see two of cycling's blackest sheep, Landis and Rasmussen, shake the tree of cycling.
Old 01-03-13, 21:23

Quote:
lovely to see two of cycling's blackest sheep, Landis and Rasmussen, shake the tree of cycling.
Landis and Rasmussen are perfect examples of what pro cycling actually is. Weasels who cheat like crazy, act all entitled when they get caught, then scramble after whatever money they can shake down from the sport.

Cycling's best analog is pro boxing.
Old 01-03-13, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
Landis and Rasmussen are perfect examples of what pro cycling actually is. Weasels who cheat like crazy, act all entitled when they get caught, then scramble after whatever money they can shake down from the sport.

Cycling's best analog is pro boxing.
You really are too kind. And right.

But, when Rasmussen would spill some beans it would be very interesting. Lets go fishing.
Old 01-03-13, 21:36

Quote:
if I'm not mistaken, it could be anyone of these four:

moerenhout
van heeswijk
van bon
boven

all four were part of Rabobank in 1998 and 2007.
Nowhere do they mention the Rasmussen case in this story... this particular rider probably wasn't even on the team in 2007.
Old 01-03-13, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
You really are too kind. And right.

But, when Rasmussen would spill some beans it would be very interesting. Lets go fishing.
Rasmussen will not tell the truth. He is running a team and still pretends he was the rightful winner of the TdF back then.
Old 01-03-13, 21:47

Quote:
"the first time I came to Geert Leinders, he told me in two years time my hematocrit would be brought to natural levels. After that we were going to peak. When I asked him what he meant by that, he said: "I'll get back to you about that". I knew immediately I wouldn't do that kind of thing. I was naive and thought I'd make it on talent, but I was wrong."
He didn't mention anything expicitly about blood doping ofc. You just filled in the blanks that leinders was going to give him EPO, of course this anon felt he couldn't do that, such a sweet kid as he probably is not wanting to win with help of PED's.

This guy's just another ******bag who's too afraid to step out of the shadow scared of their old team mates, nothing special. But of course Dutch media publish everything that could hurt Rabobank. It looks like the newspapers and journalists are as bitter about following the Rabo team in vain every time they failed at le Tour over the last decade, as these anonimous guys on the phone with NOS are. So it feels right for the media to denigrate them.

However such 'revelations' of a doping program is never going to do anything to Boogerd/Leinders/Rasmussen/rest of Rabo unless these 'big' men talk themselves. We want evidence, names, dates, paperwork, bank registers if we are to prove something was in fact going on at the time, not an anonimous guy with good memory but without the guts to tell the whole story.

My only hope to make this anti-Rabo climate better is that more teams will follow. Or else we'll be naming Lance Armstrong and 'total dominator' Boogerd as the biggest frauds of the EPO era. A shame that would be...