Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-03-13, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
In Vuelta and Giro Roche can be top 10 and Kreuziger top 5.

Seeing you are stagnating it's legit to try a different way. Even they can be better paid as super doms than as leaders. I never understand the rider who are stagnated and didn't change the plan.

Roche stated he wants to work with Bjarne to improve his skills, above all, the time trial to boost his chances at GC.

Kreuziger had the same approach. Also I guess he has special interest in how Alberto being the hot favourite face the competition mentally. Being the mental side one of his weakness.

At the same time being a succesful super dom is prestigious in cycling, more than anonymous top 10.
Yes I think it's a good move for both Roche and Kreuziger. Why not try something else.
Old 01-03-13, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42x16ss View Post
Good point. Roche, Kreuziger, Zaugg and Sutherland have the potential to completely derail UK Postal for Contador if Riis can carry out his usual team building magic. Looking forward to the GT's this year
You seem to be forgetting a guy called Michael Rogers in that equation
Old 01-04-13, 02:38

Nah, he won't have a swimming coach practicing marginal gains anymore

(I actually forgot him )
Old 04-14-13, 16:02

Well, well his best result ever. Good to see he is delivering. And the best result Saxo have had this season.

Roman needs to race as a captain every race to take points. Contador points doesn't count. Except, perhaps, TdF where he should have a free role.
Old 04-14-13, 16:06
Administrator

After last year, I had pretty much written off Kreuziger as another over-hyped rider that never would amount to doing that much.

But after today I have a new found respect for him. Chapeau Roman, really earned that win today.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 04-14-13, 16:06

Is Majka still Giro captain or are they going for Kreuziger? Think I read it somewhere
Old 04-14-13, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysminai View Post
Is Majka still Giro captain or are they going for Kreuziger? Think I read it somewhere
Kreuziger is not riding the Giro IIRC. Majka won't be the leader because of his crash.
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 04-14-13, 16:10

This performance proves Kreuziger should focus on classics and leave stage races alone, or at least not target them for GC solely, rather stage hunting. Classics should be his number one goals.
Old 04-14-13, 16:13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
Well, well his best result ever. Good to see he is delivering. And the best result Saxo have had this season.

Roman needs to race as a captain every race to take points. Contador points doesn't count. Except, perhaps, TdF where he should have a free role.
not it isn't, tour de suisse and tour of romandie are more important races then AGR, still it is his best result in a few years and a great result overall

for the first time in a long long time this looked like the kreuziguer of 08 and that is a good thing.
Old 04-14-13, 16:14

IMO

Suisse
Amstel
Romandie
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up