Sky - Page 1135 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-04-13, 08:03

Wow. People here have obviously run large R&D projects. And yet, I get the impression they have not...

Cue everyone suddenly being ex-Boeing, IBM, etc... employees.
Old 01-04-13, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimobici View Post
Try reading it more carefully. That was the figure for office expenses. Research was £86k.
Yeah my bad. Thanks. Wait, what!? 368,000 GBP on office expenses. That's a lot of emails.

Am I reading right that they spent 1 million GBP on PR and marketing? Up from 200k in 2010. 2010 someone died and people got sick, 2011 the team starts going bonkers with results. All mimsy were the borogroves of correlation.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 01-04-13 at 08:17.
Old 01-04-13, 10:44

new sponsors Rapha have words to say about Wiggins

Oh it's laughable anyone here is trying to analyse Team Sky's expenditure. Not that it's stopped many of you in the past analysing with the barest minimum of information and lack of understanding. Just dive in anyway
Old 01-04-13, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Here are Team Sky's audited expenses for 2011:

There is nothing there that suggests team wide doping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Oh it's laughable anyone here is trying to analyse Team Sky's expenditure. Not that it's stopped many of you in the past analysing with the barest minimum of information and lack of understanding. Just dive in anyway
Point taken.
Old 01-04-13, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
[URL="http://www.cyclismas.com/2013/01/secret-rapha-emails-reveal-code-of-conduct-requirements-for-wiggo/"]

Jimmy, I do think that this section at least has been very much done tongue in cheek
Old 01-04-13, 13:42

another example of why Vaughters' clean cycling PR shouldn't remain unchallenged:
Quote:
We also have to remind ourselves that Wiggins came out of Garmin, which runs the most stringent and visionary internal doping-program in sports. Argyle genius Jonathan Vaughters is confident that Wiggins is as clean as Christophe Bassons.
http://www.atwistedspoke.com/kimmage...gins-tour-win/

Does Vaughters really want clean cycling? His vouching for Sky achieves the opposite as it stops people from inquiring into Sky.

Last edited by sniper; 01-04-13 at 13:45.
Old 01-04-13, 13:50

OMG. What a load of tripe that guy is trying to serve.
Old 01-04-13, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
We also have to remind ourselves that Wiggins came out of Garmin, which runs the most stringent and visionary internal doping-program in sports. Argyle genius Jonathan Vaughters is confident that Wiggins is as clean as Christophe Bassons.
Shouldn't that be anti-doping?
Old 01-04-13, 14:33

Just reading the Rapha press-release dressed up as a news story on the CN front page about Sky's new kit, and the following description of the Soigneur's bags jumped out:

Quote:
courier style bags with built-in cooling compartments for post-stage recovery drinks.
Join the dots. . .
Old 01-04-13, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Here are Team Sky's audited expenses for 2011:

There is nothing there that suggests team wide doping.
Wow.

I've been critical of lots of the spurious 'proofs' suggested on here as evidence of Sky doping, but I've got to say presenting an audit report as an argument for them being clean is right up there on my 'hogo-meter' scale of dubious arguments.

Last edited by RownhamHill; 01-04-13 at 16:43. Reason: removal of greengrocer's apostrophe