Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 445 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-04-13, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
if you watch it on mute when mick is talking you'd bet your life that he's telling us about annual percentage rate or something
Well tbh u need to have a banker mindset to be a domestique for Wiggins "this climb is x%, we need to pusk X watts, when we get to the next climb we need to push x watts, until it gets steeper and then we push x watts in order not to gap Wiggo"
Old 01-04-13, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidolix View Post
Omg this thread is getting more and more pathetic!!
The Justin Bieber site is probably worse. A little.
Old 01-04-13, 16:23

Only Contador can make you excited for a race in Argentina.

Damn it, the wait is killing me
Old 01-04-13, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Slightly offtopic:

Rogers and Roche visits Saxo Bank headquaters. If I didnt know better I would think they were employed there. They fit right in, looking exactly like bankers

http://video.saxobank.com/video/7497...inkoff-members
Great, Mick and Nico 100% in Tour de France team
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 01-04-13, 17:51

I think Saxo are realy going to be the team to beat this season. I cant see sky dominating as much this year as I cant see them giving Froome the same level of support as they gave to Wiggins last year. On the other hand with Kreuziger, Roche, Rogers, CAS et all I can see Saxo as being the dominant force. With Rogers they can set the tempo for Contador while Roman and Roche can provide further support, would like to see Roche get a freer role and attack if possible. Any ideas on what Saxo riders schedules will be?
Old 01-04-13, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzer114 View Post
I think Saxo are realy going to be the team to beat this season. I cant see sky dominating as much this year as I cant see them giving Froome the same level of support as they gave to Wiggins last year. On the other hand with Kreuziger, Roche, Rogers, CAS et all I can see Saxo as being the dominant force. With Rogers they can set the tempo for Contador while Roman and Roche can provide further support, would like to see Roche get a freer role and attack if possible. Any ideas on what Saxo riders schedules will be?
Roche won't attack, if Contador feels good enough they'll just try and destroy the peloton. And then Contador goes.

Besides everyone knows that everything will be for Contador even if Roche gets the jersey with 10 minutes ahead.
Old 01-04-13, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Roche won't attack, if Contador feels good enough they'll just try and destroy the peloton. And then Contador goes.

Besides everyone knows that everything will be for Contador even if Roche gets the jersey with 10 minutes ahead.
if anyone else gets a free roll twill be Roman.

What i would like to see though is rather than train it up the mountains, try things like when Vino broke free on Mende in 2010 breaking the Saxo train. Or like Contador tried before Pajares when he had 4 of his domestiques try to break up the road so that he could attack into them on Pajares.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-04-13, 20:16

i think that roche is a better rider to attack than roman. roman might be the more gifted rider, but roche (at least to me) is the more savvy rider. regardless seems that contador will be well protected.

Last edited by robertocarlos; 01-04-13 at 20:26.
Old 01-04-13, 20:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
i think that roche is a better rider to attack than roman. roman might be the more gifted rider, but roche (at least to me) is the more savvy rider. regardless seems that contador will be well protected.
Roche confirms this:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/roch...tour-de-france
Old 01-04-13, 20:45

Contador beats Nibali and Hesjedal in a desert sprint

WHAT?!

Contador beats Nibali and Hesjedal in a desert sprint