Hell Has Frozen Over: Lance "Considering" Admitting Guilt - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-05-13, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Claws View Post
What were the reasons you guys hated Armstrong so much again?

I know he's a cheat and he was never my favorite rider, but it is the past. Why let Contador keep his 2010 Tour but crap all over Armstrong on this forum.

He was not the first cheat, nor will he be the last.
He did set out to destroy people in the process of his cheating and doping.

He slandered and tried to drag people through the mud and bring financial and mental ruin upon people or do you ignore that facet of Armstrongs cheating?

Have you also forgotten how he colluded with UCI and the ASO to continue his dopin and cheating?
Old 01-05-13, 11:49

Quote:

I know he's a cheat and he was never my favorite rider, but it is the past. Why let Contador keep his 2010 Tour but crap all over Armstrong on this forum.

There's a whole thread devoted to why we hate Armstrong so much. Dig it up.

And Contador didn't get to keep his Tour title. You won't find many people defending Contador in The Clinic (although there are a few banboys/girls).
Old 01-05-13, 11:52

Quote:

Oh my. Do try to keep up.
Old 01-05-13, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Have you also forgotten how he colluded with UCI and the ASO to continue his dopin and cheating?
Also, didn't Ferrari provided him with the best stuff, while his other clients got crap?

Armstrong is not just a cheat like the rest, he's way more than that.
Old 01-05-13, 11:59

A couple of scenarios on how his confession plays out:

- He posts a lame, limited confession on the Friday afternoon before super bowl sunday, and gets buried in the news.

- He goes on the Ellen show, and gives his confession, and plays the cancer and Livestrong angle, supported by lots of photos of him running and doing tris with his kids at the finish line to play the family guy angle.

- He strikes a deal with SCA and the Sunday Times to settle the lawsuits. All details of the deal remain sealed, but he is forced to give a limited confession.

- He gives a lame "I only doped once or twice but always during the off season and never during the TdF and furthermore after 2006 I was clean now can I go run the Boston marathon and get my hefty appearance fee? Please?"

The only way I will forgive the guy is if he tells all and is sincere, brings down the UCI, and agrees to honor the lifetime ban. This last point is important to me because I don't want him at any race that I do.
Old 01-05-13, 12:08

If the comments section of the NYT is anything to go by on public opinion, it is too late for Wonderboy, the horse has bolted on his life. It will take genuine heartfelt contrition over a long period of time to earn a small size of respect that he once had amongst the general public who know nothing of cycling.

All he can hope for now is that the name Lance Armstrong* becomes synonymous as the most famous doper in the history of sport. He is halfway there.

*I wonder would he revert to Gunderson at some stage in the future.

Last edited by Benotti69; 01-05-13 at 12:10.
Old 01-05-13, 12:10

He wants to confess so he can keep doping to win Ironman. **** him.
Old 01-05-13, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Maybe with the Fox crowd, but lots of sports broadcasters dont like the guy anymore so will not be too willing to aid him in his confession.
Well, he still has a huge fan in Phil, Sally, and this Watson fellow, so he's got that going for him
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 01-05-13, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
A couple of scenarios on how his confession plays out:

- He posts a lame, limited confession on the Friday afternoon before super bowl sunday, and gets buried in the news.

- He goes on the Ellen show, and gives his confession, and plays the cancer and Livestrong angle, supported by lots of photos of him running and doing tris with his kids at the finish line to play the family guy angle.

- He strikes a deal with SCA and the Sunday Times to settle the lawsuits. All details of the deal remain sealed, but he is forced to give a limited confession.

- He gives a lame "I only doped once or twice but always during the off season and never during the TdF and furthermore after 2006 I was clean now can I go run the Boston marathon and get my hefty appearance fee? Please?"

The only way I will forgive the guy is if he tells all and is sincere, brings down the UCI, and agrees to honor the lifetime ban. This last point is important to me because I don't want him at any race that I do.
Dont forget, theres still a chance he can do appearances on a number of shows still, imagine the possibilities: Oprah(claim to be a member of her stupid "book club" or something), Maury("Lance you ARE the father of one nut little Mikey"), Springer(" I dated Lance and now I have tumors growing out of my head"), Ricki Lake(" I slept with an Olsen twin"), or Dr. Phil(" Lance Armstrong, this is your life, why are you being such a jackass Lance?") Or the Piers Morgan show("In Britain they loathe you Wonderboy, what do you say to that?")?
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)

Last edited by 86TDFWinner; 01-05-13 at 12:26.
Old 01-05-13, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggalor View Post
He wants to confess so he can keep doping to win Ironman. **** him.
Totally agree. He wants to win IM more than he wanted the TdF. Before, it was all about his ego, now he wants revenge, to shove it in the face of all detractors. And he will continue to dope, it is the only way he knows. **** him is right. He has no place in sports ever again.