Post your draft of Lance Armstrong's public admission letter - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 07-31-12, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyninefourteen View Post
Frankenstein is Swiss????
How does Swiss law work?

Does the act of creation make it a Swiss good, or is the sum of the parts and their origin?

(Mary Shelley wrote it... she was an English novelist, and the novel was published in London)

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 01-05-13, 13:44

Okay everybody......get out your pens and pencils and start writing......
Old 01-05-13, 13:59

This is a testament, I never expected to have to write. I have been met with deep sorrow. My heart is broken, my pain and I do not the number of words to describe. A big part of my world crumbled in the summer of 2012 when I got to the great shock to hear that I had been caught doping. My life's worst nightmare had begun.

I am in my life always tried to take the response to my actions and my life matters, and so I also do now. Top-level athlete would have been for me to find out and be aware of the material received from the leading positive doping result. Now I get this huge error to pay a high price. I am thinking of running a number of questions, and no matter how hard I try to rebel against, I can not change took place.

I believe that God wanted this for me, so fair. Bottom of my heart I want to ask forgiveness for my mistakes from the American people, God and the entire athletic world. At the same time I would like to thank all my supporters humble over the years. You have helped me along with my family to carry on. Now, more than ever, they need support.

Sports gave me a lot, a lot of it also took. Now it is no longer in a hurry. The battle is over. It is time for a new life. A long time ago, when a small boy Tervanevalle countersink for the first time my legs, my life began a great adventure, which became a never-ending pain. I fell and got up, over and over again. Thousands of liters of sweat and tears were now mourning colors. From there I also mustered a strength, too, that helps get through adversity.

Once again, my ears heard from that quiet Tar Neva mystical invitation. Humility, gratitude, and a solitary walk in there now headwind for the last time back, kneel, I admit defeat and ask for peace to my soul.

Courtesy of the late Mika Myllylä and google translate.

Last edited by meat puppet; 01-05-13 at 14:01.
Old 01-05-13, 19:50

I think that he must add in how in his early days that he did use drugs (B.C).), then when he came back he needed to use to very same drugs that saved his life to compete on the level table and continue the fight against cancer(AC). What happened to me was BC I was selfish, but AC I reformed and was forced to use drugs to keep the hopes and dreams alive for the billions of cancer survivors worldwide. (Standard Joseph Campbell mythology ..Hero Rise-fall-redemption twice over! Greatest sports story ever told. I the great Lance risked recurring cancer to help cancer victims all over the world!!)
Old 01-05-13, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyninefourteen View Post
Since this may eventually become a reality, we should assist in the crafting of the most appropriate text for this statement. Should be complete, contrite, and maybe even humorous.
LOL, nice!!!
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 01-05-13, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto.legstrong View Post
'I have to admit to doping or lose everything but I swear on my mother's head (or any reasonable facsimile of mom) that I didn't. After all the good I have done (for myself) and for cancer awareness (but really just myself)... It's just a shame some people hate excellence and love destroying it. Everyone is lying. Except me. and by the way I am Jesus.'
"You and I know who really won those 7 Tour De Frances".....
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 01-05-13, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trompe le monde View Post
From the desk of Armstrong:

Dear fans, cyclists, patriots, and others:

It is with great dismay that I have wrestled with what the USADA has wrought upon me. With great conviction and spirit, my therapist and I have struggled with the issue of 'who am I' and 'who I was'. With much soul searching and a series of breakthroughs, we both discovered that I was essentially in a Dissociative Fugue state during most of my time I 'was' a cyclist. So you see friends, what I mean to say is that who I was was not who I really am.

The hallowed reserve of truth that is Wikipedia states that a "Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity." The wandering I exhibited was mostly contained to France, the new identity was that of a world class cyclist. But you see, the problem was that I was not as good as I thought I could be, so in order to put some foundation to this identity I skirted rules, purchased souls, and injested a small pharmacy worth of drugs, all this so that I could be a lycra wearing alpha male.

Sadly, this '7 Time Tour Winner' is not who I really am or in fact was. What caused this fugue state to grip and corrode my soul? Was it the cancer? Was it the sight of Didi Senft in a red unitard? I don't know if I'll ever know.

Currently, my goals and aspirations are much more modest. My therapist and I have both concluded that a life outside of the spotlight is much more agreeable to who I really am. Therefore, I plan on retiring to an Idaho potato farm to raise championship potatos, with the hopes that some day one of my prize potatoes will somehow land me on a taping of Hee Haw. That would be.....nice.

Regards,

LA
Nice! So much for his "I wont address this issue, now or in the future ever again" statement he repeatedly made huh?
Old 01-05-13, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
If I were him I would totally throw Johan & Fat Pat under the bus
FTFW Reads much better now
Old 01-05-13, 21:29

.... blah blah blah ....

I stopped doping in 2006.

.... blah blah blah ....
Old 01-05-13, 22:39

My take is simple.Cancer card so nothing new really.

I didnt dope until after I got cancer....I was trying so hard and getting nowhere even though I knew I was the best out there........

All the europeans were doping, my life had flashed and I knew what I had to do. I didnt know how long I would be here so I doped.....

I saw the hope it gave to cancer survivors like me, saint lance, and decided that I would crusade to help cancer survivors to give them something to aim at to believe in...I kept going to help others...

See I am a Hero.....the end.