2013 Santos Tour Down Under: 20th Jan - 27th Jan - Page 13 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-05-13, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
What makes you think that ? Australian TV has good coverage of all the major races. The dedicated cycling fan in Australia is interested in more than just the Tour. Also GE had a pretty good first season and most of their buys are young guys, sprinters and classics riders. I don't think they are too worried about signing a quality GC rider at the moment as that would change the whole structure of the team they have already built. Obviously they are hoping some of the young guys improve in that direction.
Yeah, of course dedicated fans care about other races, every person on this forum for instance does. But the biggest group of viewers and the most important group for sponsors only watch the Tour. In most countries it's like that, only the big classics or the Giro can slightly compare to the media attention in the TdF.
Old 01-05-13, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
What makes you think that ? Australian TV has good coverage of all the major races. The dedicated cycling fan in Australia is interested in more than just the Tour. Also GE had a pretty good first season and most of their buys are young guys, sprinters and classics riders. I don't think they are too worried about signing a quality GC rider at the moment as that would change the whole structure of the team they have already built. Obviously they are hoping some of the young guys improve in that direction.
if you truly don';t understand then I can only answer in this

Old 01-05-13, 14:23

Ryo is back
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 01-05-13, 14:26

where is andy and the dolphins?
Old 01-05-13, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
He has a new alter-ego
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 01-05-13, 14:48
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
How is Machado on the steeper gradients? Not that great, I think?

Vino? You mean the guy who won a lot of races not by being the strongest, but by being the smartest?
i don't think he is bad at steep stuff, it would be better for him if the climb was a couple k's longer as since it is not even 3k it is still a hill that in terms of distance suits gerrans.

either way he said he wants to be in good shape here and in algarve fighting for the win in both races and getting good results so he then can rest and go to the giro feeling less pressure then he did in 2011 and since guys like gerrans want to be in top shape in april they may still be a bit off form compared to machado.
Old 01-05-13, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
It jinxed him, it cost him many suspensions/bans.
Old 01-05-13, 15:38

it jinxed andy schleck because since I had that avatar his career has been in the dump. so might take it again if he starts riding well this year, or perhaps try a wiggo avatar, eventhough it would sicken me
Old 01-05-13, 20:27

Kash will win stage 2, it suits him well.

@Ryo Hazuki
I see someone is a Shenmue and DC fan
Old 01-05-13, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
i don't think he is bad at steep stuff, it would be better for him if the climb was a couple k's longer as since it is not even 3k it is still a hill that in terms of distance suits gerrans.

either way he said he wants to be in good shape here and in algarve fighting for the win in both races and getting good results so he then can rest and go to the giro feeling less pressure then he did in 2011 and since guys like gerrans want to be in top shape in april they may still be a bit off form compared to machado.
Knowing him, he'll probably peak somewhere after the Giro or before Down Under