2013 Santos Tour Down Under: 20th Jan - 27th Jan - Page 13 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 01-05-13, 13:35
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
What makes you think that ? Australian TV has good coverage of all the major races. The dedicated cycling fan in Australia is interested in more than just the Tour. Also GE had a pretty good first season and most of their buys are young guys, sprinters and classics riders. I don't think they are too worried about signing a quality GC rider at the moment as that would change the whole structure of the team they have already built. Obviously they are hoping some of the young guys improve in that direction.
Yeah, of course dedicated fans care about other races, every person on this forum for instance does. But the biggest group of viewers and the most important group for sponsors only watch the Tour. In most countries it's like that, only the big classics or the Giro can slightly compare to the media attention in the TdF.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-05-13, 14:08
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
What makes you think that ? Australian TV has good coverage of all the major races. The dedicated cycling fan in Australia is interested in more than just the Tour. Also GE had a pretty good first season and most of their buys are young guys, sprinters and classics riders. I don't think they are too worried about signing a quality GC rider at the moment as that would change the whole structure of the team they have already built. Obviously they are hoping some of the young guys improve in that direction.
if you truly don';t understand then I can only answer in this

Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 01-05-13, 14:23
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 12,679
Default

Ryo is back
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Definition of Wheelsucking:
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 01-05-13, 14:26
jens_attacks's Avatar
jens_attacks jens_attacks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,471
Default

where is andy and the dolphins?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-05-13, 14:33
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 12,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
where is andy and the dolphins?
He has a new alter-ego
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Definition of Wheelsucking:
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-05-13, 14:48
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
How is Machado on the steeper gradients? Not that great, I think?


Vino? You mean the guy who won a lot of races not by being the strongest, but by being the smartest?
i don't think he is bad at steep stuff, it would be better for him if the climb was a couple k's longer as since it is not even 3k it is still a hill that in terms of distance suits gerrans.

either way he said he wants to be in good shape here and in algarve fighting for the win in both races and getting good results so he then can rest and go to the giro feeling less pressure then he did in 2011 and since guys like gerrans want to be in top shape in april they may still be a bit off form compared to machado.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-05-13, 15:28
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
where is andy and the dolphins?
It jinxed him, it cost him many suspensions/bans.
__________________
Quote:
Do you want to watch better racing? Then power meters and team radios must be banned!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-05-13, 15:38
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,596
Default

it jinxed andy schleck because since I had that avatar his career has been in the dump. so might take it again if he starts riding well this year, or perhaps try a wiggo avatar, eventhough it would sicken me
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-05-13, 20:27
markene2's Avatar
markene2 markene2 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 576
Default

Kash will win stage 2, it suits him well.

@Ryo Hazuki
I see someone is a Shenmue and DC fan
__________________
Vinokourov, Kashechkin, Lutsenko, Ricco and Aru fan, and i am proud of it!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-05-13, 20:38
trevim's Avatar
trevim trevim is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 3,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
i don't think he is bad at steep stuff, it would be better for him if the climb was a couple k's longer as since it is not even 3k it is still a hill that in terms of distance suits gerrans.

either way he said he wants to be in good shape here and in algarve fighting for the win in both races and getting good results so he then can rest and go to the giro feeling less pressure then he did in 2011 and since guys like gerrans want to be in top shape in april they may still be a bit off form compared to machado.
Knowing him, he'll probably peak somewhere after the Giro or before Down Under
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.