The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 27 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-05-13, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Record no of participants this year
Uhm, not quite yet. And I don't think we'll get there. We're at 118 at the moment.
Old 01-05-13, 14:05

Alright, just worked my way through the 27 unread messages. While doing so, I received an additional 14 so in total I've been going through 41 messages. Pretty crazy

Anyway, most of those I've been telling to PM me their changes have gotten back to me (but then a few new teams with a value above 7500 entered). There are still a few dead ends so hopefully the teams will get back to me before the deadline.

coinneach: 7508
CraZyCaLL: 7503
dogboy: 7507
Jraama: 7505
Pentacycle: 7507
Tuarts: 7504
Old 01-05-13, 15:06

Team submitted. I'm not big on giving away who's on what team, but here are some probably non-distinguishable facts about my team (and there are only hours to go so it's not like I'll be tipping someone off anyway):

- 33 riders, 7479 points
- I have 9 Italians, most popular, with 5 Aussies, 3 French and Belgians, and a bunch of countries with 2 and 1
- 8 neo-pros, 5 riders in their second year, 7 riders in their 3rd or 4th year
- 28 of 33 riders are under 30, of the remaining 5, 2 are over 35
- 3 riders who have been suspended for doping violations in the past

I'm sure in a day or two when everyone's teams are revealed we'll all go through in greater detail. Can't wait.
Old 01-05-13, 15:13

Cool, so the last two years winners have both entered again. They have 15 riders in common - no idea what that says, though
Old 01-05-13, 15:27

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
Cool, so the last two years winners have both entered again. They have 15 riders in common - no idea what that says, though
Probably nothing. I don't remember the statistics from last season but I think it's pretty rare that two teams are extremely alike. I would be surprised if any two teams have more than 20 riders in common.

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it - Max Planck
Old 01-05-13, 15:53

Cheers again Hugo for doing this.

Very happy with my final team, although my selection process was waaaaay more systematic last year.

I have a lot of riders priced around the average - I think that's pretty sensible.

Doubt I'll improve on last year much if at all though - IMO you just need to be really knowledgeable and meticulous and hire the full set of objective bargains, to win.

Last edited by taiwan; 01-05-13 at 20:57.
Old 01-05-13, 16:01

Hope to do as well as last year (top 10 and 16314 points)

I feel confident about beating the points, but I'm quite unsure if it will be enough for a top 10 placement
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 01-05-13, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
Probably nothing. I don't remember the statistics from last season but I think it's pretty rare that two teams are extremely alike. I would be surprised if any two teams have more than 20 riders in common.
Going by memory, I think the most I had in common was 22 riders, which is really only 2/3, so not the craziest similarity considering there were 130 teams. I believe Kvinto, who got second place was my second most similar at 21. Fifteen seems about a normal overlap, especially given some more 'obvious' choices. Although this year it felt like there were less obvious choices than last year, but that might just be my perspective right now.
Old 01-05-13, 21:36

Apologies for the last minute revisions.

I made some changes this afternoon during some free time only to remember that a certain rider was injured in a crash recently

Thanks Hugo.
Old 01-05-13, 22:16

45 minutes to go

edit 44
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.